• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS]The Grand Opening of the EM Office!!

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Friday December 27th, 2008

The new Em's of Baja, EM Seppo and EM Pallando held a grand opening ceremony/Meet and Greet that Saturday evening. They answered many questions and skillfully avoided answering others. Accompanying them was another EM Faine Morgan, who was visiting our fair shard for this wonderful event. Each of the carrying a unique item of EM quality.

The Hall was decorated quite nicely both inside and out!! The outside reflecting the winter chill that currently embraces Sosaria.

And the inside a lovely warm warm glow with many refreshments and lots of seating for all, or so one would think. As the crowd began to
file in for this event. the seat quickly filled up and

soon was standing room only as many of Baja's citizens came to meet their new Event Moderators.

Many came to hear of the EM's ability's and events. To which most were answered with "I cannot help thee with that." But they did explain what their functions would be, to guide us through the the upcoming and continuing events that have plague out land for so long. The war, the impending emergence of the gargoyles and other such trials and tribulations.
They seem very eager to know everyone they can and look for more information about Baja's glorious history and the townships of old. Although sometimes they became confused over mistaken identities.

Soon it was time to mingle and enjoy some refreshments. Party goers were invited to get in lines to receive a token of thanks from our beloved new EM's. There were questions asked and sometimes answered. Everyone behaved very well and each took their turn with hardly a squabble.

Our visiting EM, Faine Morgan spoke with many people on the side. Sadly she is not to be a regular on Baja as her duty calls her elsewhere.But it was very pleasant to meet her, and earn of her cookie passion...lemon cookies. Soon she learned of our curious resident chicken. She wasn't sure what to think of that...a chicken that spoke?

Soon everyone was up and mingling and asking those questions. The tokens from our new EM's was a sash from each, Seppo and Pallando. A very prized and treasured gift stating a greeting from
each.

Soon it was over and the EM's needed to rest their heads. Seppo invited everyone to visit and talk with him again. He promised to keep a journal of when he might come and this reporter has kept a check on that promise to which he delivered the next Thursday night.

UO Baja Reporter, Oriana

PS: I apologize for the lateness of this, but the holidays had gotten the better of me and perhaps too much eggnog went to my head.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of the highlights gleaned from the Event Moderators’ conversations:

• The EMs mentioned that there is currently no apparent connection between the Slime Invasion and the War of Shadows, although that could certainly change. The background has not been determined yet.
  • The EMs mentioned that the first set of EM events would be a host of Mythic-written scenarios.
  • EM Seppo mentioned that their main duty is to make each shard “unique”, and they plan on hosting events that appeal to all play-styles, including PvM, PvP, and Crafting events.
  • The EMs stated their support for role-playing, specifically citing that “It’s no accident that there is a Lantern of Avalon there in the Counselors Guildhall.”
  • It was mentioned EM Faine Morgan has only been on for a couple of days, suggesting that she is a new addition.
  • EM Seppo seemed to suggest that something slept under the waves of the sea, whether this is the volcano that eventually erupts to reveal the Stygian Abyss, or some ancient evil, is yet to be seen.
  • EM Seppo clearly stated, “keep a boat handy”.
Thank you, Nicholas the Old, for helping with notes!

EM Seppo also encouraged communication between the EMs and players. Oriana has set up a sticky thread here on the Baja forum, and there is a book at the EMs office where you may leave comments, suggestions, etc.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great Reporting, Lady Oriana! *Smiles*

A second meeting between our community and EM Seppo took place on Saturday, the 3rd of Afteryule (January) at 1:30 PM PST. Although the crowd was certainly smaller than it had been in previous incarnations; those in attendance were no less enthusiastic about meeting with our resident event moderator. Amongst those in attendance were Grand Duchess WildStar of the Kingdom of Dawn, Nicholas the Old, Isildur, and others. I regret not having taken any screenshots or notes; but I shall do my best to recall what was said from memory. Should that memory fail me, feel free to correct me.

I seem to remember the first question having to do with quest items and rewards during the events. Seppo confirmed that there would be such items available during the events.

I personally had a few questions for our new event moderator. My first had to do with Archimedes the Old and Judge Julius Dryden. I mentioned to him the promise made by the developers that decorations and historical locales within Magincia would be quickly restored after the invasions concluding chapter; and how on Baja, Dryden had been drawn into the Ethereal Void and now hides amongst the crypts within the Cove Graveyard, whereas Archimedes the Old seems to have perished while valiantly defending the northern parts of the City of Pride from the vile demons attacking it. I asked whether or not the developers had mentioned anything to the event moderators in regards to whether they were still planning on restoring these historical sites (or atleast placing some memorial or close imitation elsewhere in Britannia); and whether or not the event moderators would be responsible for such a restoration. Seppo responded that he had no personal knowledge of this and had heard nothing of the sort from the developers; but that he was under the impression that the developers at the time had taken safeguards to prevent the destruction of such locations across the shards and that they should still be there.

It would seem that Archimedes the Old has indeed perished; unless he is trapped somewhere within Sosaria. Nicholas the Old has alluded to knowing something of this matter, but has kept silent on the subject. In the mean time, perhaps a pie-eating contest should be held in the Commanders honor? *Chuckles*

My second question had to do with the nature of their roleplaying identities. Seppo confirmed to us that the entities of "Seppo", "Pallando", and "Faine Morgan" do not actually exist within the lore (in much the same way that the Baja Roleplaying & Event Alliance technically doesn't exist). Instead, they are merely the Out of Character tools that they shall use to construct the events and meet; whereas during the events they shall take up their respective role(s), in much the same way that EM Vincent became Archimedes the Old, Vincent the Piemaker, and Judge Dryden. I also asked whether or not these RPC's would be available during times outside the events (i.e. Would an emissary from Dawn or Avalon be able to approach these individuals and request an audience? Or if Xel, Nicholas, and Seppo would be able to visit the new Dragon's Breath in Dawn for Sake Shots?). Seppo replied that the roles and freedoms of the event moderators has yet to be clearly defined; but we would know soon enough.

We spoke for a couple more minutes about such topics as the Dawn Red Cross Stations tended to by Lady Duchess WildStar, the elusive Mama Faith, and the mysterious Werebunnies popping up throughout the north!

After about an hour, Seppo announced that he would be departing for the Britain Counselors Guildhall within Felucca. Residents of Felucca themselves, both WildStar and Nicholas had no qualms about proceeding to the Old World to continue their interactions. They arrived to discover Seppo speaking with Super Ken and Tofu Twentyone, members of El Cartel. The two appeared genuinely interested in what the event moderators might do within Felucca, while warning that conventional events might not have the same appeal for the average PvPer. Seppo confirmed that Feluccan events would often include PvP; citing an example off the top of his head. "What if some big, nasty blue dragon approached your guilds with an offer to attack Britannia; pillaging and destroying wherever they go?" WildStar and Nicholas, despite not being professional PvPers themselves, both expressed their own support for Feluccan events. Felucca is where the vast majority of Baja's history still lay. Super Ken expressed that the main thing that Baja needed right now was a more active population; one of the areas where our shard suffers the most.

Seppo mentioned that his main reason for visiting Felucca that evening was to display that he had not forgotten the Feluccans, and that he intends to include them and their playstyle just as much as any other. Those in attendance said their farewells, and departed.

Nicholas and Seppo returned to his office in Britain, where they continued to discuss the the great potential for events within the Old World; including the possibilities and what problems might arise. Seppo mentioned that he would like to speak with some of the leaders of Baja's PvP Community before the events come underway.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, and a few other notes...

- Rumor has it that if you kiss Handalf the Chicken on the beak, he will turn into none other than Lord British. EM Faine Morgan put this rumor to the test, but was unsuccessful. Who keeps making up these rumors, anyways? *Feigns Innocence*
- EM Seppo has came across many of the books, manuscripts, and notes belonging to our event moderators Gabriel Kieron, Archimedes the Old, and Erzulie Dantor. He intends to put these books on display once they are organized. I volunteered to copy each of these tomes by hand once they are available, and will distribute them to anyone who needs copies. Copies will also be displayed in the Royal Library of Dawn, the Duchess' Summer Residence near Umbra, and Nicholas' Library between Dawn and Avalon.

I

Ivan - MT

Everyone should know by now NOT to try kissing that foul chicken on the beak. Rumor has it he's a pecker.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone should know by now NOT to try kissing that foul chicken on the beak. Rumor has it he's a pecker.
That was entirely to funny!!!! Teach me to open Baja forum before I'm ready to laugh so hard.