• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] The First to Feel the Wrath!

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A well trained fencer fell backward to the stone floor, grunting. He then shook with laughter, shaking his head as his sparring partner helped him to his feet. The younger man turned away, lifting his mask.

"Was that all right, Duchess?," young Prince Riain called out.

WildStar, Grand Duchess of the Kingdom of Dawn, smiled and nodded, seated across the hall with a book alongside her royal guest for the afternoon, Proserpina. "You may well best your father when he returns."

The prince beamed, turning to clap the fencer on the shoulder in thanks, who was still laughing. WildStar stood, smoothing her dress, preparing to cross the hall to ask the young prince to join her for lunch when the fencer's laughter stopped. Something had caught his attention outside the window.

A hooded stranger, face concealed, stood outside the castle. WildStar approached the window cautiously. The stranger stood motionless for a moment, simply watching. Then, slowly, it raised a robed arm and pointed toward the Royal Palace. Toward Dawn. And toward WildStar and the prince.

A mere moment later, grass behind the hooded stranger parted, a dark moongate cleaving the air.

WildStar spun around. "Take him to safety," she ordered the older fencer. "Get him out of here. Go. Go."

The fencer nodded, seizing Riain by the arm, rushing him back into the depths of the palace. With a look to an attendant, WildStar sent the girl flurrying to raise the palace alarm and call for help. WildStar and Proserpina then stepped outside the main gate to watch in horror as first armed scouts, then privates began pouring through the moongate.

Dawn has been attacked, citizens! WildStar and Proserpina successfully held off the attackers until reinforcements could arrive. When the reinforcements came, the moongate seemed to empty larger and larger amounts of dark troops from an unknown location. Several of the reinforcements threw their hands in summons of energy vortexes, only to be slain from behind by mercenary assassins, who had slipped through the moongate undetected!

The first wave of invaders was quelled, thanks to many who came to defend the Royal Family and the Kingdom of Dawn.

But citizens began spreading word of impending danger to other communities when the following set of orders was found:

The hooded stranger was not among the bodies found outside the Royal Palace when the fighting subsided, and the moongate remained open, shimmering in the afternoon light.

Z

Zanthes[EcZ]

No sign of any Evil Minions on the 'island', and we have checked off and on all day. (Hope they like giant serpents!) :thumbup1:

OOPS: they must read the boards. A Mercenary Scout just popped in and it seems the serpents are not worried about them - a shame! So they **ARE** about, just not always.
(Sorry bout that!)

We will protect it should they come!

Elevere Zanthes, EcZ

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy folks,

Cartel here. While we shared some alliances with others before in the efforts to combat Lord Casca's forces, we make no guarantee of that now. We will base our actions and our allegiance on a per-case basis. Quite simply, we might attack if we want to, and we might not if we don't want to.

We do not share any of the misguided loyalties your groups have for the Gargoyles, but we do not condone needless bloodshed either. Suffice to say, we have no connection with these mercenaries and their heads should hang for daring to attack us before. But we also share no sympathies for those who favor the winged beasts.

Z

Zanthes[EcZ]

Quick update from EcZ island... Scout is there. Looking for others.

Zanthes[ECZ]

PS. Anyone know what Slayers are effective on these varmints? And has anyone tried a bard yet? (provoke or discord)

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried Peacing them ... didn't work so well, only seemed to aggravate them more ... not big music fans these guys ...

have yet to try provo .. always showing up too late to have anything left to provoke onto them ... come to think of it, i don't even think elite ninjas are provokable(sp?)?

Z

Zanthes[EcZ]

Hmmm

Lots of Giant Serpents and one or 2 red healers on EcZ island to provoke on them to keep them busy (if possible), I may try when they return.

The one Scout this morning was kindly removed by Someone (samurai). Thanks!

How about slayer types? Any guesses aside from Repond?

Zanthes

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't provo them against each other. You can provo animals or creatures against them.

Zanthes, if you get hit when I'm not around, and if you happen to take any screenshots, could you save a few for me? I'm currently writing an article on the other community assaults and would like to include you.

Z

Zanthes[EcZ]

I will do my best! The last couple days all we have had on the island are the Scouts, nothing more has come through.
Perhaps they only come if the Scout gets attacked/killed in a certain period of time. We shall see!

Zanthes

Z

Zanthes[EcZ]

Another Mercenary Scout on EcZ island... targetting me in the house.
:gun:

Zanthes

RE:
And they taunt you if you do not go outside! For the moment, I will stay inside while waiting for reinforcements!

Z

Zanthes[EcZ]

First off - let me thank all the courageous defenders that came out to defend EcZ and the island last evening...

However - THE GATE IS GONE THIS MORNING! The gate that the Scouts and the mercenary army used to enter the world on the island is nowhere to be found. :thumbup1:

Could it be the wrath is done? Or has it just moved to other places we have yet to find out about? If it is finished, then the Purity League needs to hire a better bunch of Mercenaries! They gave up too quickly. They should hire the Yatterlings! They are far more persistant and a better value. *grins*

(OT: Was kinda fun while it lasted!)

Zanthes

Z

Zanthes[EcZ]

More News:

Just checked the rune book atop the Brit Bank - and all the runes are gone. So something has changed!

YAY for US! :grouphug:

What next?

Amin sinta thaliolle e dagor! Quel fara.

Till we battle again, likely soon.

Zanthes

EMSeppo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Posting here to clarify that invasion has not ended.

1) Gates during the last invasion were powered by blackrock. Its awesome power allowed them to stay up even after the machines were destroyed, albeit non-functional. The current gates are work of magic, powerful but non-comparable to blackrock infused gates. They will be back up soon enough. I hear that the mercenaries are just warming up.

2) Runes were taken out by someone. A pity. Means more work for us to go around and mark them.

Z

Zanthes[EcZ]

Uh oh... *goes back to assigning guard duty!*

(Thanks Seppo!)

Zanthes

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a runebook of the locations, copied from the one that was on the Brit Bank Roof, for any and all to use.

It is on the front steps of The Grateful Rune, my rune library in Luna. NE corner, inside the walls ... a quick run up from the moongate.

Runebook is red and titled Mercenary Attack Sites, front steps, next to Jasper the Fence.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey Folks!
It would be great to see more pics of people who are defending and to hear their stories about the battles with the mercenaries. If anyone can take those screen videos, post them to Utube and provide a link, that would be cool to see. I don't know how to do this but I know there must be someone out there that does!