• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]The Dark Queen Saves Lady Maya! We Fulfilled Our Contract! (recap)

Napa Valley News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings fellow Britannians!

A bit late in showing, I know. But it took time to collect my thoughts to prepare for this report. Over several days, our community was under attack. The most horrifying creatures, known only in our darkest pits, were brought to the surface. They were as strong as the mighty Crimsons, and as fierce as the Shadowlords. We fought hard, long, and we stood our ground. We refused to bow to the tyranny of evil, we refused to abandon one of our own. In the end, we won but only because the evil we had aligned ourselves with kept her part of the bargain.

My time spent over the last week has brought me to wonder at the risk we took. For the love of one for another, we gave more of ourselves then ever before. I was left with several troubling questions. If our past adventure together brought us this close to darkness, how close would we willingly have to go in the future? Will our courage and strength be enough to rise above it? Will we continue to conquer? I pray that the day comes that we never truly have to answer those questions. Our future may depend on our choices. May we make them wisely.

The Dark Queen, Mesanna backed our entire community into a corner. From a previous report, I spoke of Gorn's agreement. Our blood in exchange for the Lady Maya's cure. We were informed that she would require these donations over several days. The attacks would be sporadic. They would be difficult. Most of all, we would be unable to back away. To not fight, meant Lady Maya would be forever trapped in her frozen state.

Over several days we rose tirelessly to the front line. Our community came in great numbers to meet The Dark Queens cry of battle. The ground shook as an army of Hydras sprung up around us.

I am sad to say that it would get far worse from there. For next she called down the wrath of Medusa, who appeared quite angry to be leaving her Abyssal abode.

When that failed to end our persistence, she brought forth a Paragon like nothing we had faced. The Stygian Dragon, he came close to ending it all! A very alarming second encounter, though nice to look at, was quite the ordeal. Next time Mesanna asks if you would like to see something pretty, for the love of all that is holy, do not say yes.

Not an ending she apparently hoped for, as next in line came The Primeval Lich! A formidable foe indeed. Yet victorious we were.

The Slasher of the Veil is murderous enough, but The Dark Queen tweaked and twisted until she coerced him into Paragon form as well. These battles would take everything we could throw at it.

The evil one received her blood payment in full each night, and with a couple of Navrey Twins here and there to take the last few drops we had left to give, we retreated many times to await the next round.

On one such day, we found ourselves facing Mesanna's newly appointed minions. She had not only taken over our beloved Britain, but the very essence of evil in our land!

In the end, we gave Mesanna the blood she requested, though I fear what use she will have for it. And yes, in the end, she did as she said she would. She cured Lady Maya. I truly had my doubts till the very end. I believe our beloved Queen Dawn did as well, for Detective Marcus stayed close to Mesanna on that final evening.

With Lady Maya free from Professor Jenkins madness, and the taint of evil now gone from Napa, we look to the future. Will the Dark Queen return? What in all that is holy would she need that much blood for? Anyone who has been around for long knows that Mesanna's evil has a purpose. She didn't help Lady Maya to be helpful. It was a means to an end. I fear to what end that may be.

For whatever future awaits us, I would that we all show the same courage. The same light against the darkness. The same sense of protectiveness and survival. May we have what it takes to face the future.

For this event, there were several items dropped as loot as well as items handed out on a ticket type system. Also, with the spawned bosses, items were dropped in packs as they would normally. Unfortunately, I can not tell you everything that was looted, fell to pack, or was won through getting a book. I will also not waste time showing the roses or pies as I believe everyone in the shard most likely has one, or two, or thirty. The only rare in the gifted items would be the red dyed roses. I know of three only and they were colored the day after the event was over.

I regret that I did not get images of the second round of book handouts, through a glitch called Windows program is not responding, the images were, well... not responding either.

This was a very large event, with a lot of things to cover. So lets get started, eh?

Each attack cycle could be accessed by either running to the Crossroads, or taking Mesanna's lovely, unusual colored gate. The gate would appear at the West Britain Bank when it was time for the battle.

Now for the books, all of them were numbered. This is a second round book borrowed from Sir Tedley! Thanks!

Next, a few of the items that were handed out both times. They could be found and seen by all at the West Britain Bank. In addition to these images, there were blood tears, a darkened portrait of Maya, and I'm sure others that I have missed.

One particular item at the second handout, there were two of them, I want to note. The aptly named Ticks. They were colored much like the other items but for all the objects available, they were indeed the most disgusting. One Napa resident said they looked like giant cockroaches. I agree. Ewww.

There were several clothing items to be found on the bodies. Mesanna named a few of the dresses from the first one. The second one held named robes that were looted as such. In addition, one bow was named by Mesanna.

Again, I am sure there were many more items that were looted. This event had a large, boisterous showing, and it was impossible to get a list or images of most of it. A few of the winners for the book turn in that I was able to catch:

Gray Mouser, who was kind enough to PM me, received the Blood Donation.
High Voltage, I have no idea what he received.
BookMaster, again, I do not know what he received.
Alex Summers, received Blood Donations. I know because he typed it out.

There were many more recipients but I could not get confirmation for a few reasons. One, just too many individuals, and two, our dastardly resident thief, King Fisher.

Yes, but what did he do, you ask? How did his brilliance touch us this time? Allow me to show you. Though I am sure there were many who found themselves in the grips of his plan.

Indeed. Forgery. They were dropped discreetly on the ground beside corpses to be picked up by frenzied looters trying desperately to get the bank item of their dreams. Dashed hopes for some when it was discovered they had been had, hilarious to others who found it bothersome but otherwise a great way to play the system. So to end this report, I salute King Fisher once again. Always a nuisance, ever clever.

Thank you to everyone who participated, and doubly so to Mesanna and our EM's for hosting and playing along.

Best Gaming Wishes,
Salya Sin

More...