• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]The Dark Queen Interupts The Interviews! Britannia Called To Arms!

Napa Valley News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My fellow Britannians, I bring ill news of great importance to us all!

Tonight will be a night long remembered in Britannia. For those of you who did not attend, the purpose of this evenings meeting was to gain the aid of Britannia's best to cure Maya. I truly expected an evening of chatter, personal boasting, lengthy interviews, and extravagant claims. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Right on schedule, Detective Marcus arrived and it was apparent that he was in some hurry to begin.

After several minutes, Gorn approached the throne room, his previous despondency completely absent. The Lady Maya's predicament had finally reached the point where she admitted to being unable to go it alone. As expected, Gorn was practically beaming.

Detective Marcus and Gorn quickly exchanged introductions, and set to work. The crowd erupted with claims and advice of an incredibly varied range. The Detective and Gorn attempted to sort it all out by pulling individuals, one at a time, to the raised dais. It took no time at all to see Gorn's urgency was conflicting with the Inspectors analytical sense. The two exchanged several harsh glances, scowls, and short comments.

First to apply, Lady Flames Honey, laughed when asked for her credentials. With self assurance she made some rather impressive claims to experience.

Credentials? HA! I, who was captured and later trained by Mondain himself! I, who was nearly bespelled by that awful minx, Minax, after my mentor's death! Twas terrible that day so long ago when I fled Trinsic for Moonglow. I was greeted by a wonderful magician, Mariah, with such a zest for life. She managed to steer me away from the darker arts... Nay, I have not set eyes upon her since the Shadowlords invaded our beautiful land.

Gorn and Inspector Jenkins both agreed she appeared qualified, and knowledge of the dark arts could indeed aid Lady Maya's cause.

Next up was a rather eccentric fellow, Lord Xar, who strode up, sat down in Gorn's chair and began to speak without nary a thought to his forwardness.

I am the seventh in the line of Xar's. We date back to beyond the shattering. A grandmaster to the craft and many more. First assistant on the Gem Project. Yet to be judged a success or failure, my part was to insure the survival of the races, helping the innocent, and saving Britannia. My bona fides that I did not stop my master, Mondain, when I could. My greatest achievement is my apprentice, Simon.

Gorn indicated Simon in the audience and asked if the man was capable in the dark arts. Lord Xar declared him very able but also truly honest. Having a second dark arts candidate already, Detective Marcus looked a tad uncomfortable, mumbling something about the dark arts under his breath.

There was one interesting statement made by Lord Xar, just before he was excused from the interview. He stated simply, That one cannot know the light if he cannot see the dark. Knowing what we are up against makes this statement all the more convincing. Though, personally, as I stood in the front taking notes, I wondered if perhaps that reasoning is what landed us in this mess to begin with?

Lord Bertrand, the next to be questioned, took a much different approach. Instead of listing his past experience, and or skills, he set straight to the heart of the matter and began explaining his ideas to cure Lady Maya.

It will take a great deal of rare reagents to be recovered from the lands of the Dark Elves. I have done some research and find that glowing bloodmoss will be required.

Detective Marcus immediately set his words to paper, while Gorn began questioning how glowing bloodmoss could be located. Neither saw what those of us in the crowd witnessed. My shock, I am sure, stood mirrored in the faces of those around me.

Appearing from the ether, Mesanna, the much feared Dark Queen, sat lounging on Queen Dawn's throne. As Lord Bertrand set to explain the reagents location, she raised her voice to interrupt.

SO, have you interviewed enough?

Gorn immediately turned in unison with Detective Marcus, demanding the woman's identity. As a resident of Ter Mur, he would naturally be unable to identify what the rest of us so readily knew. It stood to reason that the Detective would be unfamiliar with Mesanna as well. Would that the rest of us could share their naivety. We had heard many rumors coming from distant lands about the Dark Queen. Horrible stories of destruction. She was evil, dangerous, and here, in Napa Valley. My stomach lurched at the thought of what she intended with her appearance. Her next words sealed the fate of all of Napa, for it was quickly apparent that she had plans and Lord British save us, I felt true fear.

Do you really feel these people can do what you need done?

Both Gorn and Detective Marcus spoke at once. The ever careful Detective displaying his mistrust, and Gorn's outspoken demands for a cure for Lady Maya. Mesanna's reply was quick to the point.

You make me laugh!

Laughter aside, her next question played on Gorn's desperation.

Do you want my help or not?

Detective Marcus spoke a simple no, the crowd cried out their displeasure as well, but it was not enough. Gorn's cry of "YES!" sealed the deal and Mesanna stated her price.

If you do, then it will require BLOOD!

Detective Marcus tried to reason with Gorn, but Gorn was beyond hearing. If it would save Lady Maya, he didn't care what the price. Not even her declaration that the blood required would be from all of us, did he think twice.

Mesanna invited us all to join her, If you follow, you will give me blood!

She then set off from the Castle, with the rest of us in tow. I could still hear Detective Marcus attempting to get through to Gorn.

She led us just outside, stopping by the West Brit Bank. We were shocked to see Lady Maya awaiting our arrival. Both Detective Marcus and Gorn rushed to her, but she stood stalk still. Motionless. Upon closer inspection, they saw she was frozen solid. Her skin showing the same blue tint one finds in the many creatures roaming the Ice Caves and Dungeons.

Gorn was badly shaken, demanding to know what had been done to her but it was too late for that now. Mesanna had her agreement. She wanted blood, and get it she would. Screaming that we would have to prove ourselves, she let chaos loose, and the ground around us erupted with the hellish creatures from our darkest regions.

At first we were completely surrounded, and out numbered. Most moved to action so fast I was unable to tell anything from the explosion around me. I attempted to seek higher ground, as my fellow citizens were felled, one by one. Even this did not help me. Unlike any time before, I was forced into battle along with the others, or face continuing death.

Bravely, the citizens of Napa fought on. Culling the hoard, chasing them down, not once stopping. I was never more proud to fight beside my fellow Britannian's. They fought hard, and they fought with honor.

Mesanna disappeared as her last minion fell. Gorn sent a search out for her but it was clear we would only find her should she allow us to. We were ill prepared and all of us knew that Gorn had made a terrible mistake. You do not make pacts with evil, not even for love.

Calling the search off, Gorn ordered us back to the Castle, but before we could even leave the Bank, we were attacked once more. Navrey was brought from her pit. I swear I could hear Mesanna's laughter in the air. To bring one such as this to our beloved Britain, so close to our Queen's castle. It was unforgivable.

Once the two had been put down, we retreated to the throne room only to be met, once again, by Mesanna. Alas, it would appear this was no where near finished.

I will be here till I get what I want! If you see me, come ready! I will be taking this battle out of town. I am here, and I will not leave. If you think you are strong enough, bring it! Oh, and you might want to check the bank daily. You might have a surprise. Till tomorrow. And bring a lot of friends because I have just begun!

As she spoke, Detective Marcus railed at Gorn for his stupidity in accepting the Dark Queens offer of aid. Gorn stood stiff, egging her on. He seemed completely unaffected by what had just occurred. The Detective on the other hand, looked ready to have a stroke. The two argued back and forth, neither of them noticing her disappearing from sight once more.

We must fulfill her blood oath to cure Maya! You brought on this... this MESS! Railed Detective Marcus.

Almost nonchalant, Gorn turned to the crowd and issued directions.

If you see a single monster, let others know FAST!

Detective Marcus took a deep breath and further pushed us to action.

We must show her what Napa is made of!

Gorn quickly left to inform Queen Zhah, and Detective Marcus stormed off mumbling about Lady Maya being frozen.

From Fiorella comes the following instructions:

Mesanna will make herself known in chat around Britain and items will be appearing as she gathers her blood. Watch for them around the West Britain Bank. As time goes on, this battle will get harder. The items will collect over time at the bank and will be given away when Mesanna has had her fill and our beloved Maya will be free! Just to clarify, this is not based on donations, the items will be provided. Watch the bank, if you see spawn, yell.

Best gaming wishes,
Salya Sin

More...

S

Salya Sin

Ok... I'm not sure what happened... but... I would suggest following the MORE link at the bottom and reading this from the stratics news page. For some strange reason.. the RSS feed didn't include the quotation marks... WEIRD! It does that with some of the HTML code... like the centering or such... but this seems a bit drastic.

If you have problems catching what's speech and what's not... yeah.. click MORE.

OH and sorry I didn't put up an image intensive label on this one.

See everyone at WBB soon!

-Sin

sir TEDLEY

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
again queen dawn dosent appear and again she hides what a disgrace to the noble familys .