• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Team Orange - UO Chucks - Wins Naked Dungeon Run (With A Twist)

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Naked Dungeon Run (With A Twist)​

Due to an error in the posted event time, EM Laurana and EM Faine Morgan held two dungeon runs on May 14 ... one at the published time, and another at the time listed on the EM Event lanterns placed around Origin.​

Run 1:
We met up with EM Laurana and EM Faine Morgan at West Britain Bank to be gated to an unknown location.

This group was gated to Shame (Trammel), where the EMs explained the rules ... and the twist.

The Rules: Start the dungeon run naked, but kill monsters along the way to build a full set of armor plus jewelry and a weapon.
The Twist: After assembling the required items, find EM Laurana and EM Faine Morgan somewhere out in the open within the dungeon.

The EMs were concerned about the dungeon being hard on our feet, so furnished us EM-made shoes: Orange UO Chucks (named after Laurana's great great grandfather who had been a shoemaker for Lord British); and Pink Faine Air Jordans. After much discussion between Laurana and Faine regarding who makes the best shoes, a challenge was issued by EM Laurana:

During the run through Shame, I was so busy trying to stay alive, kill monsters, and look through their corpses for armor, jewelry and weapons, I didn't get any screenshots. Once I had my armor set (or at least thought I had a full set), I set out in search of EM Laurana and EM Faine Morgan. Running through Level 5 of the dungeon, I spotted a pair of EM-made stools and freshly caught fish and footwear. Soon the EM's appeared (they had been checking on the contestants) and informed me I was the first to find them. In checking over my armor, though, they noticed I did not have gloves. D'OH! I quickly found and killed a nearby earth elemental who just happened to have a pair of gloves for loot.​

Some of the sets of armor that were put together during the event:

All contestants were located by the EMs and brought to the entrance again:​

At the bank, I caught Paplona cleaning death robes she had acquired during the run out of her pack.​

Run 2:
Again, everyone gathered at the bank to be gated to an unknown location.​

This time the dungeon was Despise (Trammel). The rules and the twist were the same as the first run, and EM Laurana and EM Faine Morgan explained the shoe competition.​

Again the EMs handed out shoes, equally dividing the teams, and the run was on!​

And again, UO Chucks Team Orange won the run! High Lighter was the first to complete his armor/jewelry/weapon set and find the EMs not far from the ogre lord island of Level 4 Despise.​

EM Faine Morgan will be wearing EM Laurana's orange UO Chucks for the rest of the month of May .. including to the May Events EM Meet & Greet/Q&A Session, Friday, May 22, 6pm Pacific, at the West Britain Counselors Hall; and the Pirate Adventure, Saturday May 22, Time & Location To Be Announced.​

-------------------------------------------------------​

Hint of Things to Come
Now’s the time to get those chickens bonded and trained! Look for the battle to determine who rules the roost coming in June!
-------------------------------------------------------​
Have questions or feedback for EM Laurana and/or EM Faine Morgan? Use the feedback form from their website UO - Origin Events ... click here

M

Michael Wolf

There any rules about starting out with a greater chicken? Hope not, well I hope everyone is smart enough to start off with one, not that is makes much difference, maybe one hp more to start with. Hell I've been workin' on this thing since you first mentioned it 3 weeks ago, not about to scratch from scratch now.