• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Take That Atlantic

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Weren't Atlantic, Chesapeake, and Catskills suppose to be the active shards? Who says Baja is dead?

R

RichDC

...and we have Girl Scouts!.. and Operation Royal Flush!
The girl scouts are old...<Troop 69> on Great lakes disbanded about a year ago but the characters are still around,

there are

Thin Mints x2
A girl Scout x 2
Den Mother
Samoas
Oatmeal Raisin
Snicker Doodle

And a few others i forget the names of, as you can see it was all about the cookies!!!

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A friend pointed me to this thread.

Atlantic shard does not make use of Stratics to the extent as some of the other shards. As such, if you are interested in finding community related news on Atlantic, you will be hardpressed to find the entire picture on Stratics.

RP news can be found at: Atlantic Roleplaying Community Boards (11.5K posts and counting)

If you are interested in Atlantic PvP related chatter (PG-13), then you should look at the UO Atlantic Forums (152K posts and counting).

Lastly, shard jingoism is bit over the top. No?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Atlantic is hotter. :lick:

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was al in fun....
It is all in fun. :thumbup:

I was just scrolling through Stratics last night, and I had an epiphany. A year ago, you heard people talking about the Death of Baja. That we had no community. That it was an empty shard. Roleplaying was dead. PvP was dead.

Now, we have people from other shards praising us for the maturity of our players. We have the most active roleplaying community on the West Coast. We have some rockin' PvP guilds. We have arguably the two coolest Event Moderators on the team. We have an awesome News and Moderator Crew. And we have Xel. So I am feeling proud of my shard right now.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is that why, when you pick the %FULL button on the UO log-in page Baja is higher that Atlantic. Altanic is 5th from the bottom.:lick:

N

Nh'bdy

You know, I was thinking about a Zuul reference, but man Zod was a great villain. Any particularly Spry Bajans should take a picture of our bank, skew it maybe 35/25 and put it over the prison they put Zod in, ooh wait, I already thought of that!

Your's Truly,
~Nh'bdy

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is that why, when you pick the %FULL button on the UO log-in page Baja is higher that Atlantic. Altanic is 5th from the bottom.:lick:
1. I use to play atlantic for a short time and just about everyone i knew had at "least" 3 accounts.

2. This topic was posted about how we are more "active" as in events. Sure Baja isnt one of the biggest servers, but we have one of the better EMs who has taken our shards history and tried to tie them into the stories. Casca set war on some of the guilds because they claimed to be their own kingdom. Baja's EMs have been very respectful of our shard and its players.
We have an RPer who took his char and guarded the bank, our EMs saw this and made the Town Royal Guards to protect the city of Brit.
We had players tame a pet dog and gave it to Casca saying it was his and the EMs rolled with it and has since been mentioned in stories. (Sadly the dog was killed off but thats life)

3. As like everyone else has stated, the comment was all in fun. I have visited the RPing forums for atlantic a few times looking for members of The Mage Tower or anyone that knew any of them.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I hope everyone can remember this is just a joke. I'm not saying we're better or worse than Atlantic. There has been the joke that someday, we'll be bigger and more active than Atlantic (being the biggest and most active shard on Ultima Online), so I got a giggle out of seeing that.

Please don't take it the wrong way. It was all in fun.

And is it just me, or does Zod possess a faint resemblance to our famous Wanderer? Of course, Zod isn't nearly intoxicated enough, but the resemblance is there.

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Folks,

My Sosarian Sojourn began upon Atlantic. Most back then put down roots which like the Yew trees grew deeper and deeper.

I however, met a visitor from Baja. An ingenious fellow who invited me to come to Baja. I created a Character there and sought out this ingenious fellow. I asked if he would consider accepting me as his Squire.

He laughed. But I was persistent. He relented and our Journey together began.

12 years later, even the Yew trees have become envious of my roots upon Baja.

I find the shards...different, rather than better or worse than one another. And yet, Baja has something unique which I find nowhere else.

Me!

*smiles*

Z

Zyron

SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!!!!

AINO REMEMBERED.. SUNDAY SUNDAY....

BEEEEEEE TTTHHHHHEEEERRREEEEEE:party: