• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Summerfest 2011 Storytelling Competition Results

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
“All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.
They have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts...”
By William Shakespeare

The Summerfest 2011 Storytelling Competition took place late last eve (Thursday, June 16th 2011) at the Skara Community Center in Skara Brae. A good natured crowd had gathered to take part in hearing tales and poems of humorous situations, or to be brave a step forward with one of their own. EM Barnaby announced that there was to be a special surprise judge to help him decide the winner of the contest. The mystery judge was heard moving around on the roof of the center before he came crashing down through it landing on the stage near Barnaby. The unknown judge turned out to be Elder EM Autolycus from the Lake Superior shard.

The entrants were as follows:

Lord Rameses [V^B] who shared an untitled tale about a cattle stampede through Felucca Britain many years ago.

Shinigami[BASS] with a poem entitled “Bad Situation for the Imp” that told what she would do with a certain troublesome imp if she ever caught him.

James[Rose] with the tale "Dragonslaying" that told of his misadventure of hunting a dragon in the dungeon Frank without his sword or bag of reagents.

Abigail Cross[UP] with an untitled story of the frustrations of being unable to cast a easy spell and trying over and over to do it. Then summoning a GM to fix her problem, only to find out she forgot to place a spellbook in her backpack. She then told a quick limerick about a man from Yew and poo.

SinDee[PGoH] told a funny story named “The Trinsic tourist” about said tourist and the meal he enjoyed there.

Vallend finished up the competition with an untitled tale of following a Mooing Wall.

The two judges then conferred and announced the winner of the Storytelling Competition. The winner was Shinigami and her winning poem that is shown below here. Her remaining in goblin form and also bringing a chair to stand on so everyone could see her as she told her poem charmed all in attendance and helped make her humorous poem unforgettable.

“Bad Situation for the Imp”
By Shinigami

There is an Imp pestering Britannia.
He is making rockets that put people into coma.
His mischief is annoying the citizen of Makoto-Jima.
And those people dont want any drama.

I want to put this Imp into a sack and sell him to the Zoo of Moonglow.
Perhaps he will make me rich so I would feel what it's like to win a bingo.
And I would buy a big horse and insured it with Geico.
So I don't have to worry of losing it when I get killed by Kaze Kemono.

Or maybe I will cage this Imp into my basement.
Show him off and sell tickets to People who likes entertainment.
It's a good scheme that will put Net Profit into my Financial Statement.
But I have to hide to avoid paying taxes to the government.

I just don't know what to do with this Imp.
Maybe it's good to keep him as a pet and give him loving like a pimp.
I don't want to lose him or I will have to replace him with a chimp.
And chimpanzees are shockingly ugly that can make you wimp.

This Imp is too cute not to make into an action figure.
I'll put him in plastic and save him for the future.
His value will go up and it's worth all the trouble for sure.
I will lock him down in my house to make sure he is secure.

On a side note Elder EM Autolycus through much careful consideration of a variety of factors and having taken all variables and potential factors, calculating them to certain perfection. Declared Legolas! Best drunkard on the evening! So congratulations go out to Legolas for filling up a table with more empty pitchers than anyone else.

Afterward it was suggested to Elder EM Autolycus that next time he makes a grand entrance that he should perhaps just walk through the wall instead of falling from the roof. He then started practicing going through the wall. Crashing off the wall a few times and falling to the ground before he got it right and made it through the wall. This caused many of the crowd to try and copy his feat. Some even managed to do it though this reporter does not know how.

EM Barnaby wanted to remind everyone that we have Adris's big maze of death and other crazy things taking place tonight at the fairgrounds at 7:30 EST. So hopefully we will see you there.