• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]Strange Mares Found And The Threat To Napa Continues! (recap)

Napa Valley News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Fellow Britannians!

Since the colored Mares fiasco with Harry, I've had a run in with a band of Orcs. They've kept me so darned busy, including setting fire to my quill stash and using my scroll stock to line their floorboards. Neighbors, what's a girl to do? I sure hope they move soon...

But, on with the News!

That night was a bramble patch. Lady Maya, so newly back from her illness, was given leave to gather the Royal Guard to investigate a rumor of some unusual colored Mares being brought up in Trammel. This information, we were told, came from Gorn. The gargoyle himself, though currently banned by Queen Dawn from Britannia for his decidedly dangerous and ill conceived bargain with Mesanna, is still seeking the culprit behind the mutations.

Detective Jayden Marcus was unfortunately absent from this affair, though Lady Maya assured us that he would be wanting answers from us soon and had not given up hope that we would locate the who behind it all.

Opening a gate to the location Gorn had given, the Guard piled through expecting a herd of horses, ponies, mounts, trusted steeds. We were greeted by their caretaker, one by the name of Harry that was rudely on alert at our intrusion.

Instantly upon arrival it was apparent that these were anything but normal horses. Not only did their coats boast a rainbow assortment of bright colors, but they viciously attacked like the dreaded Nightmares in Malas. I must tell you that their magery rivaled that of our most feared dungeon opponents. It was quickly clear that these mares were no ordinary horses. It was several deaths later that we were able to organize and ready ourselves for attack. And attack we did.

One of the Mares launched an area attack that meant instant death to every Guard member within range. One second they were battling, the next, the gray haze of the afterlife. Truly horrendous creatures, these Mares.

Another Mare, a bright blue, moved like a paragon in Ilshenar. How had this madman Harry done this? Surely he must be a cohort of Jenkins and those who hired him.

I followed a second Guard force moving off from the first and found another insanely mutated breed. A Unicorn. But instead of a glowing white coat, I found something blackened and shining like a creature from the void. Britannia's Guard was fighting it off as best they were able.

I did not see the caretaker, Harry, running up behind me yelling and carrying on as if his herd were something normal seen running around our land. I could only stare and wonder at what this man had been playing at breeding these monstrosities.

The battle with the Unicorn continued, roaming over the area as the others joined in. It was by far the hardest battle of the evening. The creature carried the ability to summon dark copies, turning the Guard against itself as Lady Maya watched it all with grave concern.

As a high level Tamer, I moved to a more advantageous location to study the true capacity of this being. It was unlike any Unicorn we'd ever encountered.

After the last beast fell, Lady Maya bade us all return to the Castle. Harry hastened through the gate and followed her to the platform. Discussions ranged throughout about the keys the Mares carried about their necks. Some had found those keys fit Harry's personal chests. Bottles holding a strange purple liquid were found inside. These potions had been responsible for the strange beasts we had just witnessed.

Upon hearing this, Lady Maya moved to question Harry, he stood with smug indifference before her.
When asked who he was working for, he refused to answer. Saying instead, 'You and your people will pay dearly!' His laughter followed.

Lady Maya attempted to soothe him by apologizing but he ignored her and continued on, 'And you thought Mesanna was evil?' A gasp from Lady Maya and he was gone. Vanished before all present.

Does he know the one we seek? Is he the next tool on our culprits list? It would be a small list of suspects were we to include only those whose evil went beyond the Dark Queen, Mesanna's. I tremble with dread at one such person, for there is few that would fit that bill. Has she returned to our land after so long being gone? I pray I am mistaken.

Lady Maya retired shortly after that. Worn no doubt, and in need of taking the news to both Queen Dawn and the esteemed Detective Marcus.

We must keep watch. For Britannia may well be in greater danger than we supposed. Be ready Napa, be ready.

For this event, there were three available items. I spoke briefly with 'Lady Maya' regarding the drop information and she assured me that damage had absolutely nothing to do with the loot received. If you were able to get looting rights, then you stood an equal chance of getting one of the items. It also had nothing to with in game luck... more luck of the draw. This was intentional, I assume the decision was made due to issues of lag and other.

For each of the Mares fought a key dropped, I believe this could be found in a satchel on the body. Also, for each Mare, there was a horse statue mirroring the Mare killed. Again, the drop was entirely random and followed the looting rules of say, killing Lady Mel. Each his own until the timer drops whats left to the body.

The keys fit the boxes at the site, and inside the looter found purple potion bottles. These were timed and were to be turned in to Lady Maya. I had a difficult time getting images of the items and unfortunately, I did not get them all. The key included.

'Lady Maya' did allow me to take a shot of the bottles... THANKS! And to everyone who allowed me to get one of your statue... thank you and congrats!

Best Gaming Wishes,
Salya Sin

More...