• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Sin's first trip into the trenches!

S

Salya Sin

Tonight I took my first trip into Felucca to test out my reporting skills. Contain your shudders fellow non-PvPers. It wasn't anything like I thought it would be. The Faction and PvP members in tonight's adventure were both friendly and courteous! Aside from one small, tiny trip into the gray screen of death, I had an amazing time running around watching, attempting to keep track of who was battling who, and taking a rather weird set of screenshots. Though an unpredictable bunch, hence the weird screenshots, (I wish I could say "Nobody move! Hold that Flamestrike!), it was a learning experience. I give you the following, somewhat newbie-fied report of what I saw.

The early battle seemed to consist of a brief skirmish between Book Master and Solamon Kain both of Quantum Realm [neither is factions, proclaimed Mercs, freelancers] against Digital Bullets from LOAO [CoM]. Digi, as he was called, indeed bit the bullet but a few squares from sanctuary. Even worse, upon returning to his corpse, he was again felled by an unknown caster, this time falling into his house. At least his corpse was safe, though his poor pony stood trapped out in the elements.

The busiest battle of the night was to follow. Locsta from HIV [TB] against Book Master and Solamon Kain, now joined by Shadow of Death and WarMage of HWM [MIN]... Locsta called out all in challenge, "Come get some all of you." Which promptly became a 4 on 1 battle that spanned most of Yew. He seemed to do rather well against the odds... I got lost trying to stay with them and had to recall back to the Yew gate... apparently you must be GM running and turning and twisting and rounding to PvP. Now I get it. Alas, no deaths to report here as I missed the end of the battle due to my timeless sense of direction.

There was one amazing moment this eventful evening. Waylander from LOAO [CoM] and Shadow of Death from HWM [MIN] paired off. At one point during this long battle, Waylander ended up fielded in (not just a little fielding) by an HWM house... WOW.. and survived.. I was informed it was a GO TEAM moment! These two battled off and on for some time... both parties died but I was unclear if it was to each other... or other Faction mates stepping in. Though I did catch Shadow of Death looting Waylander. All I know is GO WAYLANDER AND CREW for the awesome survival in that field trick! You had props from more than just me for that impressive feat. Whats a little gray screen when compared to that?

As the battle moved up a screen, Scorpy of HWM [MIN] set fields a plenty and sent several new arriving opponents into a poisoned scramble. Any deaths on that? None that I saw... but it may have been a deciding factor in A Dog's [CoM] death to Shadow of Death [MIN] a screen away. Though Capn Cracker [CoM] made up for it by nailing down Shadow of Death [MIN] and Solamon Kain shortly after. Then the kicker... just to be clear on credit... that lovely peach from CoM furthered his murder spree and offed the lowly reporter (myself) who made the mistake of asking, "Did you do that?" No one pleads the 5th anymore...

A few new comers from SL sealed Lothario's from LOAO [CoM] fate, though I am unclear on the specific axer here. Their guild, aptly named 2010, rolled in and manned up, if not a bit early. It is still 2009, yes? Perhaps they are getting a head start. At the site, both Desperado and Multani Swift were there for the looting. Poor Lothario... did he see it coming?

To top the evening, poor Ella Enchanted of THR, though not factions, did bravely join the fray. She's earned tonight's "Sin's most spotted corpse!" award. Her greater dragon helped little with this crowd!

Montezuma's [SL] corpse was spotted stripped and barren, along with Harry of LOAO [CoM], though I did spot Book Master looting following Harry's demise. WarMage [MIN] lay in death for quite some time before the soil reclaimed him with no murderer in sight. Darkwing Duck of LOAO [CoM] fell to Book Master, who was again caught mid-loot. A few minutes later Darkwing was again found sprawled, but to another suspect. I blame Air Head from KOS who was conveniently caught near the body. BeDin from LOAO [CoM] was spotted both as a spectre and as a naked angel on the ground along with Air Head, whose life was lost somewhere farther up in a rather fast moving battle. BeDin, Air Head... die in front of me guys, it helps.

The most humorous event of the evening? Watching a ghostly chat between Shadow of Death [MIN] and my would be assassin, Capn Cracker [CoM]. I'm not sure what two dead enemies have to say to one another, but I bet it was colorful!

For those who battled before and after my arrival, or those who battled while I was ridiculously running to catch up, I'm sorry I missed it. For the deaths that were not covered, I'll catch it next time. If I misquoted or misunderstood... what can I say? I'm new to this PvP thing and the ebbs and flows are a bit difficult to follow. Fret not... I'll return to try again soon. I hope all of you had as much fun as I did! And thanks to all who did not slaughter me! Screenshots really are better in color! You all rock!

Factions current standings:

Points- MIN
Towns- TB (taken today)

Best gaming wishes,
Salya Sin

F

Forsaken

Decent but you forgot to say i was there killing people...or get any shots of me :<

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is one incorrect type, Lathario is in COM as all LOAO are COM. What is your chars name and I shall attempt to spread the word that you are not worth killing.

S

Salya Sin

Decent but you forgot to say i was there killing people...or get any shots of me :<
SORRY! Who are you? It's going to take me a bit of practice to get this PvP reporting thing down. I'll try to catch you next time!

There is one incorrect type, Lathario is in COM as all LOAO are COM. What is your chars name and I shall attempt to spread the word that you are not worth killing.
Fixed! THANKS! I am hoping that by the end of December I'll be a bit better with the names and titles and such! And I am sooo not worth killing... I just stand there. Names the same as on here... :) Much appreciated!

And thanks to everyone who read it! And thanks again to all who were there that I managed to catch and sorry to those that I missed!

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome reporting Salya!
since Chad Sexington left the shard for seige!, we havnt really had anyone really telling any of the storys of whats going on in Napa non event wise! lol
kinda miss reading chads napa stories just to see who he targeted next lmao..
mind you! he wasnt a reporter lmao!

F

five oclock

aye chad and Otis have alot in common..they are great story tellers..they drink well :D and no one knows if either of them are male or female :D

Btw great story Sin :D Hrm..maybe I should mine somewhere else in fel....Maybe not ;D

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aye chad and Otis have alot in common..they are great story tellers..they drink well :D and no one knows if either of them are male or female :D

Btw great story Sin :D Hrm..maybe I should mine somewhere else in fel....Maybe not ;D
i cant speak for Chad lmao, but i am 150% male lmfao

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
See he still lurks :thumbup:

He knows Napa's is his real home (Not Barter Town rolleyes:, See I am there too;))
Catch his Siege adventures too, they're a hoot too

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome reporting Salya!
since Chad Sexington left the shard for seige!, we havnt really had anyone really telling any of the storys of whats going on in Napa non event wise! lol
kinda miss reading chads napa stories just to see who he targeted next lmao..
mind you! he wasn't a reporter lmao!
Bah, that is because there (used to be?) a rule about reporting on something you were an active participant in.

Sayla, glad to see you got over your revoltion of PvP and PvP'ers long enough to go see for yourself. Just be careful, the bug eventually will bite you if you hang around long enough.

S

Salya Sin

Bah, that is because there (used to be?) a rule about reporting on something you were an active participant in.

Sayla, glad to see you got over your revoltion of PvP and PvP'ers long enough to go see for yourself. Just be careful, the bug eventually will bite you if you hang around long enough.

Oh goodness... did I come off as revolted? OH NO WAY! I love PvP... I used to go watch the Faction battles years ago... I've tried PvP off and on over the years... I really do suck! I wasn't being facetious... really. PvPing myself is just an effort in futlity... so PvM it is. And this was not my first trip to Yew Fel gate... although I did ask some questions there the other day as to why everyone fights there and not in the towns like they used to. I miss Magencia! SO my apologies to anyone who took my many PvP comments to mean I was revolted or otherwise disliked PvP. It's exciting and very entertaining... I've just learned that participating is pointless for me.

-Sin

A

Aia

That rule was crossed out years ago for those reporting on Fel 'events' - yes we are talking pvp here. :thumbup: After all, those in Fel don't schedule their events. If you weren't a participant, you wouldn't have a clue what was going on in Fel.

(I used to be Napa's Fel reporter when Kalatar was mod'ing here.) :mf_prop:

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now, see, that would have been handy to know ... I have slews of screenies from the past several years that could have been put to good use :)

Maybe when I find my way back in game in a month or so ... ;)

And I remember your reports ... and remember people occasionally crying foul (bias) tho I never particularly saw it.

F

five oclock

Umm why wait until you are in the game...

Isnt that what histroy is for???? Report it :D Yeah it may be old...BUT thats when it becomes history...and alot of us want to knw the histroy of this looney shard :D

I say don't wait..Post now :D We have 2 reporters..post it :D