• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]Saturday Made For a Fabulous Easter Kick-off! (recap)

Napa Valley News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings fellow Britannians!

As I seemed to have missed the rune drops in Luna, this event began with me running. And running. And running. All the way from the Britain moongate to a little alcove tucked back in the mountains to the North of town.

I arrived just in time to see Kouhei Kuulas come bouncing in. Yes. He was bouncing. Definitely in the spirit of things, Kuulas appeared as a tiny, whiskered bunny. Our little furry host had just finished tucking away his hidden "eggs" and stood ready, eagerly awaiting the finders.

One by one we were joined by others wanting to start the Easter festivities early. Some were quiet, some boisterous, another who wore a very adamant "I hate reporters!" smile for the camera. All in all, though a small group, they were pleasant company.

We were assembled back near a cave. Adesteria, StarFire, Lord Benjamin, Solaman Kain, Book Master, WackyWizzard, Lady Resorsoress, and Mrs Claws all gathered around the itty-bitty, rabbittish Kuulas, who would direct tonight's adventure.

A short time was spent rehashing the rules (the egg limit was lifted due to attendance) and explaining the seeking zones. Kuulas had split the searching areas into two triangles. One in the area of the town of Britain, the other far to the North between Minoc, Vesper, and Cove.

At the word "GO!", everyone... well... they went. FAST! So fast in fact that as I was once again running, trying to keep up, I didn't see which direction most of them went.

I caught up with Book Master and Mrs Claws for a second. I'm not sure which one got the "egg" inside the cemetery but I have it on good authority that there was one placed.

I caught up again with Mrs Claws, just in time to see her snag one of the coveted runes.

After running around the Britain area until I was sure my ethereal unicorn would truly disappear in protest, I decided to take my search to the second site. I can honestly say that I didn't see a single searching soul. I did find another "egg" though. Spotted it just inside the Vesper fisherman's tent.

Giddy, I left it for the next to find, Props to Soloman Kain for snagging that one, I only wanted the picture. With that, I had only a few minutes left to get back to Kuulas before the 45 minute whistle blew!

So again, I ran. Making it back with a minute or two to spare. I think runebooks have made me lazy because I was ready for a nap!

As everyone came rushing back, Solaman Kain showed me his find and what a find it was! Two others were also happy to show me their "eggs".

All but 7 of the hidden runes were located and most were able to find at least one. The prizes were outstanding! Thanks to Kuulas and the donations he received. From what I was able to gather, everyone seemed pleased with their rewards!

At the end of the evening, it was a success. Kuulas did a fantastic job setting this up and everyone who didn't make it. YOU MISSED A VERY ENERGETIC EVENT!

As Kouhei Kuulas explained to me at the beginning, player run events are about "community action, keeping us in Napa Valley, and our own happiness!" THANKS KUULAS!

Best Gaming Wishes,
Salya Sin

More...