• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Robert the Royal Guard To Lead Tokuno Expedition Friday, June 26

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from EM Kasaven and EM Cernunno’s Catskills Events Page

Request from the Royal Guard

by Kasaven
23 June

Robert of the Royal Guard has requested that we meet him at the Counselor’s hall in Britain on Friday, June 26, 7 p.m. EST.

In accordance with the Royal Decree from Lord Casca, Robert wants to lead an expedition into Tokuno, he fears an army is being gathered against the Empress and he wishes to cut it off before it can strike. He says to come battle ready, and to keep alert in the coming days. There are also other ‘issues’ he wished to speak with the people about but would not disclose any further information…

C

CatLord

"Lerth Clot: Clainin knows something that Casca needs
Robert The Royal Guard: Hmm.. Clainin knows much that would be of great benefit to us ALL, and he would be able to tell us, more than any. Whether Casca speaks sooth or spits falsehoods.
Calina: And he knows that if Clainin were to mysteriously ‘die’ that shadow would be cast on him
Robert the Royal Guard: If Clainin dies under his current protection it will fall on Casca to answer or be exiled! By the people and the guard.. You all have my word on that. I will leave you all for now. I thank you again for your protection where the guard lacks, at the moment keep your eyes peeled for any new evils, and I have a feeling we shall see again neigh this weekend! I hope to see some of you under my employ, soon. *winks* Goodbye!"

This is promising...

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How did this event go? Anyone get screenshots? I'm out of town using a laptop and an air card so logging in to play is at best laggy.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So matey, you want to know what happened?

How did we attempt to betray our king, and wind up looking silly in the process?

Well first, as all good adventures begin, we gathered. And waited. After a while, we waited a little bit more. And without so much as a bolt of lightning, Robert the guard showed up with a message. We were about to begin and he had a message for us first.

But before he could speak further, another guard, a burly looking fellow who you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley, showed up. Simon, as his name was, and Robert exchanged words. From their brief conversation, I came to the conclusion that they weren't really into the orders they were given.

Robert gathered us all in Lord British's empty throne room to tell us his plan

He was going to have us betray the king! Sure, Robert explained that he saw Casca talking to the shadows, who were apparently lord of even the king, but it still amounts to biting the hand that feeds you in this pirate's book.

And he was going to use another poor gullible elf to do it. Now Casca's plan was to kill the generals of the invading armies while collecting a pair of battle plans. Robert thought that exchanging the real battle plans with fake ones to lure Casca out of his safe zone would allow us a chance at a quick assassination.

So first there was fighting to be done.

Rune beetles assaulted us immediately out of the gate. And the battle proceeded step by step until we met the generals, one at a time.

The first general, a demon knight, was dispatched rapidly, dropping before a majority of the people really knew where he was. The second, as not-quite pictured above, was a giant spider, similar to Mephitis in style and tactics.

She also died quickly, and everyone proceeded back to the throne room, with real and fake orders in hand.

Casca appeared, and the crowds suddenly started to spout hateful cries, tipping our hand before we were ready to stab the pathetic elf in the back. I'm sure someone would have stabbed Casca as well (little pirate humor there). Casca ran away, and Owain dropped in to tell us that it was all done. Casca got away and would surely enact his revenge in time. We won the battle against the armies of Tokuno, but the war, apparently, is just beginning.

And fortunately for this pirate, so is the plunder.

L

Lady Miriel

i found my name in that screenshot!

Lady Miriel [VMPR]!

go me! this is like being on TV!

*waves*