• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

News Report: The Diary Deciphered. The Citizens Take up Arms...

Queen Mum

Crazed Zealot
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Posted on the Sonoma EM Events website ...
January 25th, 2011
Author: Emeira ~ Keeper of Time

Restless had found Captain Robert Morrigan and presented him with the Blood Queen’s Diary.
“I have decoded this but I think we need to take action. Read this.”

The pets are being trained in secret locations. There will be three in total. Each has a different environment. The desert is harsh. I wonder how mean they will become with little water. I will move the pack there next week.

Bob read it over and agreed with Reckless. ” Lets meet up with them next week while they are moving the pack. Perhaps we can save some.”
It was agreed that everyone would try to meet at the Luna Fairground and set off together.

Moira’s Shade still eager to atone for causing all the trouble she had stood on the stage to explain the circumstances.

I am hereeeee again toOOoooO try toOo right My wroOongs.
I have remembered PaAAaarts OoOOf My dream A Night Mare
*Stares Off into space*
OoOOooO, OoOoOOOO. .My sOooUl is lamenting
There is a place where The BloOooOd Queen wishes to raise an Army of Beasts.
HoOOorrific yet PoOOOor animals .They have been turned much the same way my Sister was.
HoOOowl! The pain in my heart At the thoOoought of Mary
WooowwoooowoooooOOOOoo
You must find the Animals and destrOoooOOy all that are rabid.
The book you found last week suggested that there are threEee loOooOOcations
OoOONe in in the Desert. I woOuld Imagine near where we found her StEeeEeds.

Bob agreed and cited the spell to make a gate to the area. He chose a place just outside of where he suspected the pack would be so that the group was not instantly set upon by rabid animals. As the filed through the gate they found a deserted desert. Something was amiss.
Soon Orion, Night Spirit, Cuda and an Imp were looking for any evidence that the pack had been there.

Hera called out ” Bob and Moira come here I have found a book”

They followed Hera to where Unplugged, Snowflake Shumer and Aequitas were reading a pocket sized note book.

Lemon Squash read aloud,
“Brutuff,
Following orders
This area was not arid enough.
Moved the animals to the North west. Follow the path.”

“Animals do not cover their tracks very well. There are droppings and bits of fur. I think we will be able to find them easily” commented Sataria

Sure enough there was a very distinct trail leading North. No effort had been made to cover the route they had taken. As the group marched the wind picked up and sand blasted them. It blinded them but they continued on.

“Look up ahead” pointed Vershawn. It looks like a corral. “I do not see anyone tending to the animals Lets get them!”

All at once the patrol spurted forward. They jumped over the fence and stewadied themselves for the deed they had to do.

No one liked killing the Hounds but they were foaming at the mouth as they snarled.

Miri put her Kryss through one as Cuda called forth a vortex with such great energy that many of the visicous dark red hounds fell . Mix and Queen Mum mumbled “Vas mani” and emitted healing rays. SOmethimes they would place their hands on the wounded, other times they were too far away and had to send the healing.

As the dogs fell Neptune thought it strange that no one was watching over the pack. Surely the Blood Queen would have a … He looked up and saw it approach from the Oasis. It was on two hind legs yet ran like a man. It had cloven hoofs and long horns. Its fur was a golden brown .It was carrying a pail of water which he dropped when he saw the band of Heros.

He screamed “You will burn to a pile of ash!” As the word left his mouth, Nightly Spirit began to spasm uncontrollably, followed by Aequitas, Purdy and Leanna Lynn.

Hera cried “In Vas Mani”

Bright shocks rippled out from the trainer knocking many to the ground. Although he was outnumbered, he seemed to be winning. He howled with evil laughter as the group tried to stand their ground. He was strong and well trained in battle but he had no way of knowing the secret weapon of the Sonoma Citizens. That weapon! Stand together for the realm.
As the trainer started to falter, more people ran in to do their part. His last word were “I am free my brother”

After the beast fell the silence seemed deafening. The Sonomen who had just felt relief, realized that this was just one training location. Where could the others be?

Taylor encouraged everyone to look around for any clue that might be useful. He then went through the trainer’s pockets. He found some gold coins that he quickly pocketed and some yellow potions. As he continued his search, he found a small parchment. On it was written in a fluid script. He brought it to Bob who read it to everyone.

My friend,
We followed Brutuffs orders and went directly west of Papau. The ruins were just as he described.
I was very careful to stay to the south of the Theran Keep.It took a bit of searching but I found the passage to the cave where I am to raise these poor animals. I wish I could keep one.
I still remember our life before our servitude to the Blood Queen.

Bob organized everyone and head to the Stables on the south side of Papau. To the west Totolon and Vitamin found a trail much like the one in the desert. Dog fur and droppings lined the path toward the Theran Keep. The area was swampy and filled with Bog tentacles. Some of the insects were nipping at any exposed skin that they could find. It was a good thing they had all thought to have their wounds properly bandaged before coming here. It was well known that these bugs could give a nasty infection to open sores. traipsing through bog was never fun. Their boots were getting soggy and some commented that perhaps the group was lost, but they continued. Finally a ruin could be seen before them. That had to be it.
In hindsight more than one citizen wondered why they did not suspect it would be guarded. Another large bullish man animal ran from behind a broken wall.

Having experienced the wrath of the last trainer the group quickly moved into action.

Leanna Lynn called to her pets ” All Kill”. Others like Lemon Squash and TOTOLON prepared weapons ” Consecrus Arma”. The Trainer and Guard was quick. He sidestepped Bobs sword but backed right into one of the many energy vortex that had been summoned.

He lost is footing and fell before one of the greater dragons who fought for their land too.
“Get him” ordered Hera and all the pets swooped down and attacked.

Once the Guard was down it was easy to find the passage and follow it. It lead down a narrow and musty path. In some places the stalagmites blocked half the path and stalactites from the ceiling needed to be crawled beneath. Hearts pounded in anticipation of what might be found at the other end of the tunnel.

It was dark and damp and smelled of urine mixed with wet dog fur. A rather acrid aroma. The sound of swords being unsheathed broke the uncomfortable silence.

“NOW! CHARGE!” Bob bellowed and the Melee began.

Werewolves and Hell hounds were packed tightly into the cavern. There was barely room to push in. Soon their blood puddled on the floor.It flowed to the west wall where piles of bones had been gnawed.

Bob wondered about the bones. The Dogs were filthy but the bones suggested someone was feeding them. A bit better off than their cousins in the desert had been.

Someone lit a torch. The sudden light burned the eyes of the wolves and they howled in pain. They took advantage of the distraction and many hounds fell.

Once all was quiet, they set about to find any more clues. They knew there was another place where animals were being abused and trained to be feral and evil and they had to find it. At the far North end a tunnel was found that lead around a bend and at the end of the tunnel was a small corral.

Queen Mum spoke up. ” I hear wimpering”.
Moira’s Shade floated over the rails and peeked behind a crate.
“Oh look! It is a frightened puppy” She said
“What shall we do? asked Bob
Mix was unsure if he dog would be safe. “Kill it”
Leanna Lynn thought ” No it is a Puppy”
TOTOLON had no idea
Marla Moran begged ” dont kill him”
Shade of Moira spoke again ” I doOo NoOOt think he is rabid” and was able to pat the little thing

That was when Hera pointed out a small pocket book and requested, “read the book”

Marla Moran asked ” what book?”

War Pig pointed to the ground where the book lay, “there under the stool”

Elf Sandy read

My friend,
I too remember our days together before our enslavement.
I miss the nights we spent beside out fireplace.
I have brought my dogs to the coldest place
I could find.
I head directly North of the desert by sea.
The nights are long and dark
Everything is icy here
Sometimes I think my nose will freeze and break off
I fear we will all freeze to death if we stay here.
I doubt the “pets” will survive.

Leanna Lynn remarked ” headed to a cold climate. Someplace snowy?”
Moira handed the frightened puppy to Bob. “Take the puppy. It is Filthy and needs a bath. He needs some care too. Once he is well we can find a home for him.”

Then a gasp was heard by all.

Lemon Squash observed, “What is this?”

A strange voice could be heard ” I MUST WARN THE OTHERS!!!!!”
Then a female creature like the other trainers made a gate and ran through.

Bob thought about that for a while. ” If you take a boat North from the desert there is a very icy cave. The summer and winter all blend together there. Perhaps we should search there or follow the Trainer?”

Some of the warriors remembered to put on their vests that Grandma had knit them for Christmas and they ran through the gate.When they arrived outside the icy cave the glare on the snow was blinding. Slowly their eyes adjusted.

“Oh Look she has left foot prints in the snow. I bet if we follow them we can find the rest of the pets”

The land here was very harsh. Snow and Ice damaged the equipment as well as the people. Storms came from nowhere and avalanches fell blocking the path to them from their ultimate goal.

The trainer who had fled the cavern and the trainer who had been assigned the land of Ice fought but the valiant Sonoma soldiers and guards were victorious. After the battle they gathered around the forge that the trainer had set up and warmed their hands. They talked of their wounds and prowess in battle. They spoke of plans for the next week.

As they chatted Raven remembered, “Wasn’t there also a group of humans that Brutuff was “herding to train?”

“Oh yes! “said Bob ” we will have to watch for any sign of them. They too will need us to help them one way or another.”