• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Redcap Gang Openly Defies The King's Tax

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello, Britannians.

A couple nights past, The Town Guard of Britain issued a ticket to Mikie of the Redcap Gang for the illegal docking of his large dragon freighter within the moat of Castle Britannia. As you might imagine, the exchange became a rather heated affair.

Picture Taken By Cymidei Fier On May 25, 2009.

Although I personally have no love of those crimson-scarved scoundrels and their strange mistress, and wouldn't shed a tear if their ships happen to catch flame, the heated exchange made it clear what changes we can expect with the ascension of Lord Gideon to Minister of Trade. As I'm sure many of you remember, once upon a time it was common practice for our realms most lucrative traders and merchants to dock their seacraft within the safety of the king's moat while they proceeded to hawk their wares to the crowds around Britain Bank.

Of course, that is to be no more. We Britannians can now expect a hefty tax just to dock our ships at port, and an even heftier fine to partake in the so-called free trade that we once enjoyed. Independent Merchants are having even more trouble attempting to perform trade in the Capitol City, which has already suffered extensively from the rise of the Independant Luna.

I attempted to question a member of the Britain Town Guard about the recent and unannounced change to the shipping laws.

She replied that it had been parked there for far too long and then strode off, leaving this reporter with more questions than answers.

As I was walking along the street on my way towards Britain Bank this evening, I noticed several ships now docked within the moat. A small fleet bearing crimson banners. I took the opportunity to view their names and speak with their crew, and discovered that the ships belonged to none other than the Redcap Gang.

It would appear that in defiance of the King and his new taxes, The Redcap Gang has brought even more ships to choke the waterway surrounding his Castle.

How with the Town Guard react? Or Casca for that matter? Stay tuned as we continue to watch this story develop.

Joshua Harper,
Reporter, Stratics Independant Herald.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As of this evening, the RedCap Gang ships were still 'illegally' parked around Britain, and the following information was found in books that had been placed around West Britain Bank:

Fines

By Eliar, Town Official

This document has been prepared for the four garrisons that make up the town guards in the city of Britain.

Please make sure you continue to ticket all offenders who dock their vessels in the castle moat, or any other areas outside the “official” Southern docking ports. These non-sanctioned areas are zoned as ‘no docking, no questions”.

Citizens and traders who wish to dock their ship should do so at either of the Southern ports within the city. All ships must be checked in, including information regarding cargo and crew, at the Customs building at the Southern end of town. At the Customs building, all ships will receive the proper documents after paying the associated docking fees of 100gp per day recently enacted by Merchant Counselor Gideon. Merchant trade ships that can prove they are on official trade business sanctioned by Merchant Counselor Gideon are exempt from these fines. Any vessel docked in the Castle moat should be ticketed at 500gp per day until the ship is removed. If the ship remains there for a period of longer than one week, the captain of the ship may likely find their ship missing or sunk.

The captain of any ship receiving a ticket should pay the associated fine to Town Guards (which will then be turned over to city officials). If the ship’s captain wishes to fight the ticket in court, they can do so. Judge Ferris of the Yew Courts is likely to hold small claims court sessions every Tuesday and Thursday evening at 6PM PST time. Each offender will have ten minutes to argue their case before the honorable Judge Ferris and provide the necessary documentation. However, unless you are on merchant business officially assigned by Merchant Counselor Gideon himself, your chances of having the charges and finds dropped are highly … unlikely.

Signed,

Town Official, Eliar
And
Town Official, Elias

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last evening, Tuesday, July 7, I noticed several of the 'illegally' docked ships now have '* Tow Notices *' left by Town Guard, Urlik Fangborne:

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I seriously doubt the Redcap Gang will heed the tickets and citations.

If it were me, I'd investigate those ships immediately; there may be more to this than just illegal parking.

VERAL

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I seriously doubt the Redcap Gang will heed the tickets and citations.

If it were me, I'd investigate those ships immediately; there may be more to this than just illegal parking.
Possible terrorist attack?