• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Queer Eye for the Samurai

L

Lady_Kat

Queer Eye for the Samurai.

In an age of neon hair, shapeless robes and two-toned pantaloons, crimes of fashion are being committed everywhere and on a daily basis. One merely has to sit in Luna for a few brief minutes to catch a glimpse of such betrayals to style!
In this new initiative, an anonymous, stealth trained ‘fashion expert’ takes to the streets to locate brave individuals dressing and accessorising with style amidst their fully neon-clad comrades.
Witness his findings here, learn how you can replicate the look and join us in celebrating the truly fashionable souls of Sosaria!

The Glorious Bowie
A prime example of how to wear blaze without being too extravagant!

Bowie’s look features:
Cloak of Death
Quiver of Infinity
Age of Shadows Boots
Scrapper's Compendium

Hot Tips:
Elven cloaks and hooded shrouds are fantastic for covering up possibly garish hats and headpieces.
Black garments compliment and alleviate neon hues.

The Great Gandorf
An apparition? No, a classic example of a stylish matching ensemble!

Gandorf’s look features:
The Most Knowledge Person [Replica] Shroud
Mythical Detective of the Royal Guard [Replica] Boots
Sorcerer's Armour Set
Tangle Apron

Hot Tips:
Use Tokuno Pigments or Natural Plant Dyes to alter the colour of garments, achieving a rounded, all over colour scheme.
Break it up with a showpiece; the lovely natural hue of the Tangle automatically draws the viewer’s attention to it.

The Wretched Held
Proving you can PvP in style!

Held’s look features:
Conjurer's Garb
Crimson Cincture
Totem of the Void
Hat of the Magi

Hot Tips:
Dyeing talismans and weapons is a great way to smartly incorporate them into your outfit. Never miss an opportunity to accessorise!

Dress to impress Oceania... you never know who is watching!

D

Dain

Haha wonderful work, I'll be now on a mission to have a new outfit on here every week!

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Elven cloaks and hooded shrouds are fantastic for covering up possibly garish hats and headpieces.
IMO the elf robes look horrible no matter what colour you dye them (like many of the SE/ML items do).

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
look at them in the enhanced client. they look quite good there.
If you say so. I think the chars and items when worn in general in the EC look shoddy. Really like the way a lot of the rest of it looks (a lot of the old KR mobs and animations look really good), but the chars just look weird.

D

DarkVoid

Queer Eye for the Samurai.

In an age of neon hair, shapeless robes and two-toned pantaloons, crimes of fashion are being committed everywhere and on a daily basis. One merely has to sit in Luna for a few brief minutes to catch a glimpse of such betrayals to style!
In this new initiative, an anonymous, stealth trained ‘fashion expert’ takes to the streets to locate brave individuals dressing and accessorising with style amidst their fully neon-clad comrades.
Witness his findings here, learn how you can replicate the look and join us in celebrating the truly fashionable souls of Sosaria!

The Glorious Bowie
A prime example of how to wear blaze without being too extravagant!

Bowie’s look features:
Cloak of Death
Quiver of Infinity
Age of Shadows Boots
Scrapper's Compendium

Hot Tips:
Black garments compliment and alleviate neon hues.

I would like to submit the above updated picture for Lady Kat's critique. You caught my character at an odd moment of visual development, and I'd like to point out that after the original pic was taken by Lady Kat, that I've updated the skin tone to match the hue on the talisman better. I've also updated the armor pieces so they're no longer default colored and therefore match better with the blackness of the robe.

Yes, Bowie is me, as is Lord Peter and his former fashion disaster in my current .sig - one of these days I'm going to make the sig reflect my mains, once I can finally establish proper identites for them. ;-)

If anyone wants to be a fashion advisor, I might be willing to listen to comments. PM only though, replies here might not be seen for weeks, months, or if you're lucky more than a year! ;-)