• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Publish 57 Notes *SPOILER* ~Updated 13/01~

K

Katlene

Publish 57
***Spoiler***

In Publish 57, a number of new additions will be made to the champion spawns on all facets. While working the spawn, players will have a chance of receiving a random Scroll of Transcendence (SoT). When killing the champion, players who worked the spawn will have a chance of receiving a special reward. If none of the people who worked the spawn are present on the subserver when the boss dies, one of the top attackers will randomly be given the reward.

Scroll of Transcendence:

This cursed scroll will allow you to instantly train your character in the skill and by the number of points indicated on the scroll provided you have the room for it. All skills (including non-Powerscroll skills such as begging and remove trap) will be available. The skill on the Scroll of Transcendence is randomly selected. The number of points per scroll will range from 0.1 to 0.5 in Trammel rulesets, and from 0.6 to 1.0 in Felucca. There is no timer on using these scrolls.

As Meraktus isn’t a standard champion spawn (no altar), you will not get those scrolls from working that spawn.

In Felucca, players will have a chance of receiving either the 105 Powerscrolls or the Scrolls of Transcendence. The Virtue of Protection applies on Scrolls of Transcendence in Felucca only.

Special Rewards from the Champion:

When killing the champion, players who have worked a certain percentage of the spawn will have a chance of receiving one of three types of items:

1. A boss specific replica;
2. A boss specific decorative item;
3. A shared replica.

The replica’s are artifacts originally created by the former EMs and Seers. They have the same mods and stats as the originals but you cannot use Power of Fortification on them. They can be repaired, insured and blessed. Some of them will only be obtainable from a specific boss whereas others will drop on various champs.

Decorative items will include some animated tiles, statuettes, furniture, etc. themed around the boss they dropped from.

· Replicas are available on all facets.

· A timer on the scrolls was considered but we dropped the idea simply because the scrolls you get are totally random and you won't get dubs in Trammel ruleset. Assuming you were in the most improbable situation where you systematically got 1.0 taming scrolls, you would still need 70 of them to go from 50 to 120. Even if you farmed the living daylight out of Tram spawns, considering the best you can get is 0.5, we would still be looking at 140 SoT taming scrolls. So I'm not overly concerned there.

The randomness of the Alacrity scrolls is a good example of what kind of skill drops you can expect. This is meant as a permanent addition to champ spawns. Not a temporary one.

· The new system is tracking the players working the spawn. Once you've reached a certain threshold, you are automatically added to the list of people who will have a chance of receiving the rare item. The person who worked the spawn the most will have a very slightly higher chance of getting it. So technically, if you are on the list, you do not necessarily have to kill the champ to receive the item, but it would increase your chances if you did. You however must be on the subserver or you are removed from the list. If you are dead, the item could drop on your corpse (not on your ghost).

If none of the people on the list are present when the champ dies, then a random player among those who helped killed the champ will receive the reward.

When killing the boss, the breakdown for the rewards is as follows:

10% chance of no reward
10% chance of the boss specific reward
45% chance of a decorative reward
35% chance of a shared reward.

For example, if you're doing Oaks:

10% no reward
10% chance at Orc Chieftain Helm
45% chance of either the wind spirit or one of the 4 animated water tiles
35% chance of one of 6 Replicas (Survival Knife, Djinny Ring, Lt. Sash, Samaritan Robe, Detective Boots or Knowledge Robe).

Note that Oaks has the most shared replicas. Most other champs have 3 or 4.

As far as people farming the Tram ruleset spawns, keep in mind that there is a timer before the altar is self-reactivated. You will probably remember the days of Treasures of Tokuno when we were all sitting around waiting for the spawn to begin again.

The Scroll of Transcendence are totally independent of the boss. Whenever you work the spawn you get a chance at receiving a 105 or a Scroll of Transcendence scroll. In Trammel, you will only get the Scroll of Transcendence, in Felucca you will get one or the other.

· The Power Scrolls will continue to work as before. Heal the champ, whoever raided and killed the boss gets all the scrolls. If you also want the reward, you will need to track down and kill the people who worked the spawn or check their bodies to get it.

· In Felucca people do encounter twice the points and double scrolls with protection, the powerscrolls, the skulls and the special reward for doing the same thing but with a bit more risk.

· Twaulo (Twisted Wealds), Serado (Tokuno), Ilhenir (Bedlam) and Meraktus (Labyrinth) each have a unique artifact and themed deco items.

So for those, Feluccans will have to go to these specific champ spawns to get the rewards.

· The replicas are stealable, but not cursed, so you can insure them. The SoTs are cursed.

· The Labyrinth uses a completely different system. The altar is actually the one tracking who contributes to leveling the spawn. So for the time being, anyone who gets looting rights on Meraktus has an equal chance at the rewards.

I intend to do a thorough revision in the future on the way this specific spawn works. But I'm not going to give any ETA on that. One thing for sure is it won't be in Pub 57.

· The Scroll of Transcendence will not drop on the monster's corpse. The decay rate is significantly increased in champ spawn areas to reduce lag which means people would end up losing the majority of their scrolls.

· The whole purpose of these changes is not only to give players a reason to do the Tram spawns, but also to get Feluccans to stop farming Despise and work the other champs more often.

Translation: Baracoon has the lower end rewards.

The drop rate breakdown is as follows:

5% chance of a unique item
15% chance of a decorative item
10% chance of a shared reward

The Harrower has a couple replicas and decorative items, based on the same drop rates.* However, it will not drop any of the shared rewards.

Here is the list of Replicas someone was kind enough to find in the files:

Fang of Ractus [Replica]:
(Green Kryss) Spell Chan. No Neg, 20% Posion Area,
5% Hci, 5% Dci, 35% Di, 15% Posion Resist

The Most Knowledge Person [Replica]:
(green hooded shroud) hpi 5

Legendary Detective of the Royal Guard [Replica]:
(boots) int +4

Elder Detective of the Royal Guard [Replica]:
(boots) int +3

Mythical Detective of the Royal Guard [Replica]:
(boots) int +2

Embroidered Oak Leaf Cloak [Replica]:
(dark green hooded shroud) +5 stealth

Gauntlets of Anger [Replica]:
hpi 8, hpr 2, dci 10, 4/3/5/6/5

Crown of Tal'Keesh [Replica]:
(bandana) same stats as Hat of Magi

Brave Knight of The Britannia [Replica]:

A couple of Siege players came up with this translation of the katana stats:
Hit Life Leach 45%
Hit Stamina Leach 45%
Hit Lower Attack 45%
Hit Lightning 46%
Hit Chance Increase 11%
Damage Increase 35%
Damage spread 40% / 10% / 20% / 10% / 20%

Disclaimer: Now at this point we do not know if it’s the whole set or just the weapon and shield.

Lieutenant of the Britannian Royal Guard [Replica]:
(body sash) MR 2, LRC 10, Int +5

Captain John's Hat [Replica]:
(Unique Dread Pirate Hat)
Swords +20, Dex +8, NS, HCI +15, 2/6/9/7/23

Tattered Ancient Mummy Wrapping [Replica]

A Necromancer Shroud [Replica]:
(shadow robe) cold resist +5

Shroud of Deceit [Replica]:
(gray bone tunic) resisting spells +10, 3 hpr,
11/6/18/15/13, mage armor

Calm [Replica]:
(halberd) hit ml 75, sp chan. no neg,
10 hci, 20 ssi, 50 di

Oblivion's Needle [Replica]:
(dagger) hi sl 50, si 20, 20 hci, -20 dci, 40 di

Gladiator's Collar [Replica]:
(platemail gorget)hpi 10, hci 10, 18/18/17/18/16,
mage armor

Royal Guard Survival Knife [Replica]:
(skinning knife) sp chan. no neg,
100 luck, 25 ep, ubws

Orc Chieftain Helm [Replica]:
(light green orc helm) self repair 5, hpr 3,
100 luck, hci 30, 23/1/23/3/5

Wind Spirit [Replica]

Good Samaritan of Britannia [Replica]:
(green robe) physical resist +5

Djinni's Ring [Replica]:
int +5, sdi 10, fc 2

Quell [Replica]:
(bardiche) hit ml 75, sp chan. no neg,
10 hci, 20 ssi, 50 di

Pacify [Replica]:
(pike) hit ml 75, sp chan. no neg,
10 hci, 20 ssi, 50 di

Subdue [Replica]:
(scythe) hit ml 75, sp chan. no neg,
10 hci, 20 ssi, 50 di

The Robe of Britannia "Ari" [Replica]:
(purple hooded shroud) physical resist +10

Disclaimer: I am almost 100% sure that the Replicas wont be blessed like the screenies show.

Submitted and Compiled by Lady Aalia from UHall & various sources.
Pictures reproduced with the permission of Tomas Bryce & JC The Builder

Which champ spawns drops what? **SPOILER**
Thanks to Petrify

Rat: Fang of Rectus.
Shared: Djinni's Ring, Detective boots (+4 int and +3 int), Gauntlets of Anger*, Oak Leaf Shroud
Decoration: Swamp Tile (2 different animations), Slime statue (two colours).

Dragon: Crown of Tal'keesh.
Shared: Most Knowledge Person (+5hp/4/3 all dif colours), Brave Knight of Britannia, L.T Sash.
Decoration: Lava Tile, Ophidian Arch Mage Statue, Ophidian Warrior Statue, Ophidian Knight, Ophidian Mage.

Spider: Calm
Shared: Necromancer Shroud, Oak Leaf Shroud, Most Knowledge Person (+5hp/4/3 all dif colours), Oblivions Needle
Decoration: Spider Statue, Small Web, Spider web two.

Oaks: Orc Chief Helm
Shared:Survival Knife, Djinny Ring, Lt. Sash, Samaritan Robe, Detective Boots and Knowledge Robe.
Decoration: Animated Water Tile, Pier, Wind Spirit, Rocks with water.

Undead: Shroud of Deceit
Shared: Necromancer Shroud, Captain Johns Hat.
Decoration: Wall Blood Tile, Tattered Mummy Wrapping.

Imp: Gladiators Collar
Shared: Royal Guard Survival Knife, Necromancer Shroud, LT Sash.
Decoration: Lava Tile, Daemon Skull.

Twisted Weald: Quell.
Shared:
Decoration: Pier, Rocks with water.

Meraktus: Subdue
Shared: Royal Guard Survival Knife, Most Knowledge Person.
Decoration: A Vase, Minotaur Statue.

Bedlam: N/A
Shared: Necromancer Shroud, Oblivion's Needle.
Decoration: Plague Beast Statue, Red Death Statue.

Tokuno: Pacify
Shared: Brave Knight of Britannia, All boots (4/3/2 int), Oak Leaf Shroud, LT Sash.
Decoration: Swamp Tile, A futon.

Harrower: Champ Spawn Idol, Skull on a stick, Shroud of Ari, Rock with water.

F

Fink

Do you know if they're pigment/dyeable or do we have to live with the sickly colours?

*edit* Thanks for the post, by the way.

K

Katlene

I dont think anyone will know until they go live and someone can test it out.

D

Dain

I am curious to know what the artifact rewards for the ML spawns will be.

Hope they're something decent.

K

Katlene

Yeah for sure.
Im hoping that they will put up a list of what comes from what when its released.
Otherwise we are going to have to wait for someone to do the spawns and compile a list.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am curious to know what the artifact rewards for the ML spawns will be.

Hope they're something decent.
They'll have unique decorations and one unique artifact just like the other spawns, won't be any different. They're easy anyway... the only spawn thats actually "kinda" hard is dread horn one when cu-sidhes come out but you can fix that pretty easy if you know what your doing.

F

Fink

the only spawn thats actually "kinda" hard is dread horn one when cu-sidhes come out but you can fix that pretty easy if you know what your doing.
Do you need to kill those or can you 'finish' the spawn without them ie: summon the champ. If not, I'll avail my herding services to anyone doing a spawn & remove the puppies from the area. I can hunt lower-level stuff, which now gets rewards (trufax?) so I'll jump in as needed.

K

Katlene

Pet i have a feeling he was wondering which of the rewards will be given for the ones he mentioned. not if it was the same reward amount.

Im really excited about this. Reason to do spawns again!!
Might even get to have a go at a harry finally :hahaha:

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you need to kill those or can you 'finish' the spawn without them ie: summon the champ. If not, I'll avail my herding services to anyone doing a spawn & remove the puppies from the area. I can hunt lower-level stuff, which now gets rewards (trufax?) so I'll jump in as needed.
Nah you'll need to kill them.

T

Teeshy

Ooh, and after reading today's FoF looks like thieves might actually have a bit more gameplay too! YAY!

*edits* Fink, just a total aside, but I love that you play like that =)

B

Bladron

So hang on are there any changes that do NOT involve items nowadays? Or am I seeing a once off and that the game really does get focused on beyond an isometric item version of pokemon?

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10% chance of no reward
10% chance of the boss specific reward
45% chance of a decorative reward
35% chance of a shared reward.
I'm guessing its the latter.

K

Katlene

Not really good odds on the 2nd group.
id like to see what the decorative things look like.

D

Dain

I think it's actually making the game LESS item based with all these new items coming into play.

With the new faction items, availibility of arties and new runic system it's getting rather easy for anyone to get a maxed out suit.

Items count for nothing when everyone has the best.

K

Katlene

only things at this point that i really want are the blue & purple shrouds heh
i guess i could probably use some of the other things but meh PRETTIES!!!!!

P

PoCove

These are all old rare's that have been duped ... So this may be a good thing trying to maybe slow it down somewhat ...

K

Katlene

Yeah thats why they are doing this. they are all major EM event awards that were duped like mad.
The replicas are going to be everywhere so there will be no money in duping the "real" ones.
I hope they keep this going.
That there is always the main special award but others that are replicas but are exactly the same excluding [replica] next to the names.

F

Fink

At least they're finally addressing the duping problem, though I find their "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" attitude to be a little disheartening.

K

Katlene

Just updated the first post (youll find it down the bottom) with some information that Petrify has gathered from TC1.

B

Bladron

I think it's actually making the game LESS item based with all these new items coming into play.

With the new faction items, availibility of arties and new runic system it's getting rather easy for anyone to get a maxed out suit.

Items count for nothing when everyone has the best.
How is that making it less item-based? That just means there's no challenge in obtaining the items. It still requires that you have the items in the first place, which makes it item-based.

Being not item based would mean that you could get away with not having the items, not that they're stupidly easy to get. How are the two even remotely similar? A chunk of the appeal of UO was originally that you could die, resurrect, grab a few regs/a weapon (GM made normal weapon, none of this coloured ore junk or whatnot) and some basic armour (if even), and be back into the fray quickly. Items completely counter that entire point.

On top of that, the trammie side of me doesn't agree with the idea of just making items no longer rare rather than stopping the ability for them to be duped in the first place. After all, rare items made a significant part of the UO world - collecting and hoarding trinkets and other items that had no real purpose but other than to be rare.

M

Mythic

Kind of a bummer for those folks who have these non duped rares in the first place, that poorbasterd that had a Lt. sash is just like everyone elses now, and OMFG that gorget is a dexxers or hell any charectors freakin dream, especially my med archer will be happy to score one thats for sure, and a sahs of course, maybe a robe or 2

F

Fink

It's a shame, really, with Imbuing coming out.

It looked like we were going to get the flexibility of the properties we want on the equipment we want, meaning proper costuming for those who want it instead of everyone in the same kasa/carapace/leggings outfit.

Guessing now most people will be wearing hooded shrouds anyway, they're too beneficial to ignore.

K

Katlene

some people will stick to robes. if you have max phys resist the robes are moot anyway! only one of my chars wears a shroud cause of the asthetic side and i have another one in a vet reward dress cause she needed the boost. But i dont think id put a shroud on her cause then you couldnt see her sexy hair!

K

Katlene

Would anyone be interested to form a group and do the sleeping dragon spawn?
And possibly any of the other ones?

T

Teeshy

Sleeping dragon is Tokuno? I was with two other people yesterday and we finished that (They had been at it a lot longer than me, I took a break int he middle for dinner) - none of us got anything =P

Would love to join up with anyone doing them - after we finished yesterday I went to the only other ones that I know where they are, but nobody was there

K

Katlene

Awesome i might start up another thread for those intersted to pop there names down.
Hopefully a spawn vet might decide to come along too :D

K

Katlene

Some more things have been added in to what spawn drops what.
Also, even though i have changed it while editing, the main thread title wont change :( been updated a few times since teh date given. Anyhoooooooo
Have fun

K

Katlene

Updated again *it still wont change the main title grr*

Hows everyone going with it?
Turns out one of the things i really wanted is something im never likely to get the chance to get lawl. not surprised there!!

T

Teeshy

Not on at the right time of day often enough =)

So far I haven't even got a SCROLL =P But I have only done about a dozen spawns total =)

K

Katlene

I havnt done any fel spawns as yet only a couple of Tok ones. Ive just not had enough time to do it.
Maybe when school goes back i might be able to get a day time one in on occasion.
If i get the chance to log in tonight i might see if i can rally up some people to do the labrynth or Tok again (i reallllllllllllly want a futon)

F

Fink

I havnt done any fel spawns as yet only a couple of Tok ones. Ive just not had enough time to do it.
Maybe when school goes back i might be able to get a day time one in on occasion.
If i get the chance to log in tonight i might see if i can rally up some people to do the labrynth or Tok again (i reallllllllllllly want a futon)
Give me a yell if you do, I quite like the new take on spawns. :love:

K

Katlene

certainly shall!! gunna go have a nana nap now then cook tea, after i get the munchkins in bed ill be on *hopefully* bout half 8

T

Teeshy

If you do some during the day I am probably more likely to be on to have a shot too =)

Though I tend to be on more early in the morning than most other times of day =)

O

OxAO

Is this the spawn rate:
The drop rate breakdown is as follows:

I have done 60 spawns 45 to 50 of those from begining to end all I am getting is the skill gain thingy's.

My friends are at around 15 spawns for one friend the other around 25 to 30 spawns.
None of us has gotten any item at all.

I am about ready to do something else... I feel there is no point to this it is bugged.

edit:
Got a rave Knight of The Britannia sword today. not what I wanted but I guess i am not bugged.