• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Professor Johan Thanks You!

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Re: [NEWS] Professor Needs Your Help!

Paintball will be rescheduled for next month

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well....What happened? How was it? What did ya'll do? C'mon Dev give us some details please you're the shard reporter...so get reportin!!!! :lol:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

(apologies for late report, things got in the way today)

We gathered in Nujelm and anxiously awaited the arrival of Dr. Johan Higglebottom and to hear what help he needed from the community. While waiting I noticed that the old Counselor's Guild building was slowly evolving into a fine museum, and look forward to further acquisitions.

The Doctor arrived and spoke, lovingly, about his father and that man's lifelong quest for truth. One of the tools he had was a special lens. Johan said that he would become excited at the possibility of finding something truly noteworthy only to look at it with this special monocle and lose his enthusiasm. The lens was lost, however, to pirates during shipment, and it was Johan's hope that we could help him locate it. Knowing that not all of us are sailors, and even less of us pirates, he had enlisted the help of a sea captain, Captain Morgan. My confidence in his abilities was lessened by his constant companion, a seemingly endless bottle of rum, but we followed the Captain's lead when he said we should seek out a 'buyer of goods' near the docks in Britain.

In a shack near the docks, and handy to the Cat's Lair saloon, we found Vincent the Fencer (who didn't look like he knew the business end of a rapier). With some prodding from the gathered crowd Vincent allowed as how he had, in the past, done some business with some less than stellar sailing types, and told that just recently a sailor with one toe had tried to trick him by selling him a fake Lens of All Seeing. He told the pirate to heave ho and the one-toed man told him that if he changed his mind he could be contacted by asking for him at the butcher shop in Papua.

A quick race to Papua and there we found Leroy the Retired Butcher. Leroy said that he had been quite busy just the day before getting a load of meat ready to go to the docks for a pirate with one toe. I guess his retirement wasn't going so well because he brushed us off rather gruffly, telling us to go to the docks and talk to Brutus the Harbormaster.

Brutus informed us that yes, he had supervised the loading of that boat and that they were headed for an island north of Papua.

Captain Morgan loaded the crowd on a boat and off we sailed.... and I must tell you here that the trip was a bit frightening in that terrifically overloaded vessel! My boots may never dry out! As our destination came into view we wondered why a pirate, even a desperate one, would journey to such a place. Every inch of land was covered in wyverns and they didn't seem to want any company!

The battle that ensued was long and difficult, and please forgive the lack of pictures.... I spent most of my time attempting to recover my belongings. The wyverns, of course, were there, and likely being bred and fed, to protect the pirates that congregated there. They came to try to push us off and protect their booty, but the valiant of Legends were victorious, and not only defeated all the wyverns but also the pirates including the man with one toe!

Triumphantly we returned to the museum where Captain Morgan returned the Lens of All Seeing to it's rightful owner. Perhaps that very special lens will bring us further adventures, tho I would appreciate it if someone hid the Captain's rum bottle!

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

it's a glacial colored soulgem image.