• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Pol the Shepherd's Housewarming Party

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wednesday, July 29, folks gathered at Pol the Shepherd's Homestead for a housewarming celebration for the good shepherdess.

The tables were laden with food from the menu prepared by Magdalena, the chef.

Throughout the evening, many people stopped by with well wishes for our hostess, Pol.

Numerous animals were in attendance to pay their respects to homestead's resident sheep, Agnes and Pickles.

James of The Mage Tower was on hand to serenade and entering the guests.

A very surprised Voluptuous happened upon the party while out looking for IDOC's.

Mama Faith brought a pole so she might demonstrate the fine art of Mama Faith's 'Pol Dancing'.

Bucko's turn. (Please note, although Bucko was wearing Air Urlik's, they didn't seem to enhance his ability to dance.) Dance, Bucko, Dance!

Later in the evening, Xel the Monkey formed a Monkey Samba Line.

Even WildStar, Grand Duchess of Dawn, and the Count of Berg joined in the line dance!

Which almost proved to be too much for the typically reserved and dignified Count.

Xel the Bartender, inducing Bucko the Kid to sample a Succubus Cocktail.

As the evening wound down, Pol thanked everyone for attending her celebration.

Thank you to Pol, for hosting the wonderful celebration, to Lady Magdalena for preparing and providing the wonderful banquet, to Xel for bartending, and to everyone who attended for all the fun. Congratulations on your new home, Pol.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a wonderful time and there were so many friends that I found my head swimming trying to see all of the conversation going on. The house design is great and it always fascinates me to see the creativity of Baja's players. As for my "pol(e)"? It has gone into retirement until someone else decides to throw a party where dancing is involved. Thank you Pol and everyone else for a fantastic evening. :danceb:

P

Pol the shepherd

Mercy me! Grammercy, grammercy to all th' gentle goodmen an' goodwives who didst attend th' party at Pol's Pen on Wednesday! T'was a woundrous-well an' most splendid affair filled with right fine laughs an' times of frolic!

Th' food catered by Magdalena was fabulous alongs with th' desserts served up by lady Sara. Zounds! An' if'n that din'a be 'nuf, Xel e'en brought forth beakers of Sake (an' Milk fer th' youngins') to pass along to all!

Fiddles, an' how couldst anyone be forgettin' that'n there wert most many fine animals brought forth as well. Sheep fer Pol's flock, cows fer milkin', e'en a blue cadburry bunny! Nay forgit to mention none neithers 'bout a talking monkey who didst sound much'n like th' Dancing Man himself!

Pol wouldst be wantin' to give special thanks to Sphinx an' Bucko fer decorating th' house an' barn allowins' Pol more time fer practicing her stitchen' an' sewin'.

T'was good to be seein' all of thee with my own two peepers (old friends an' new ones too!) an' a relief that'n no drunkin' tosspots didst loseth thy breeches in fron'a everyone!

Pol the shepherd

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Lady Pol & Folks,

Though I was unable to attend, my cousin Dar (TOT) shared his experience with me. He had a wonderful time and was pleased by the robust attendance and expressions of warmth toward Lady Pol by the Baja community.

To see and hear of such gatherings, especially during these troubled times, truly warms an old Paladins heart.

Elladan of Baja

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Pol,

It was a pleasure and honor to be part of the housewarming party. I had an amazing time, and I'm still trying to find the blinkin' monkey that people were talking about! It's great seeing familiar, old, and new faces show up! My thanks to Sara for the always-excellent news report and for everyone who stopped by! GOOD TIMES and great memories! *humble bow*

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So rather than blaming it on the sake, we can blame it on the monkey now? :p