• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Please Join Me in Welcoming Brytt's Return as Baja News Reporter!

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please Join Me in Welcoming Brytt's Return as Baja News Reporter!

Brytt of the Golden Brew has returned not only to his fair shard but also to his duties as reporter. It is with happy hearts we welcome him back the community. There is much to report on along with Sara, Ceno and WarderDragon and we look forward to many grand stories shared!

With Warm Welcome,
AirmidCecht
UO Stratics News Administrator

*If you would like to join the Stratics News Team for Baja please feel free to contact me for an application!

K

KitaTalith

How wonderful! Congratulations and welcome, Brytt! I know we're all glad to have you back - in Baja, in Golden and now here at Stratics!

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks all... there are many fun lands to visit out there, but none feel as "home" as Britannia. Plus, it's nice to see that we're not quite as neon as we were when I left. :D Can't wait to rediscover Baja and write about all the things I find.

Welcome!
I'm the black sheep of the bunch...
We'll get along just fine.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Welcome back Brytt!

Glad to see you belled up to the bar and joined the reporting team.

I look forward to spending many a evening at the pub listening to the banter of good folk. I haven't had that feel of warmth since the old days at KaZola's in Fel on Great Lakes.

Is there a typical time that people show up at the Pub? Is there a rune to the Pub locked down somewhere so people can get there easily?

Congratulations!

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome home, Brytt! (And, if you can get along with Ceno, you can get along with ANYONE! ;) )

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome home, Brytt! (And, if you can get along with Ceno, you can get along with ANYONE! ;) )

hey now! i think im easy to get along with! right??? right??? :sad3:

I just enjoy my procrastination as a reporter and take more "vacation" time than i've earned...

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It may be due to my partiality but I think we have the best news reporters of any shards and we're so thankful for it. Welcome home and I look forward to reading your articles. *curtsy*

*wipes Ceno's tears* Yes, we all adore you too.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It may be due to my partiality but I think we have the best news reporters of any shards and we're so thankful for it. Welcome home and I look forward to reading your articles. *curtsy*

Mama, you couldn't have said it any better.
Baja Reporters Rock!

K

KitaTalith

Re: When people are at the Golden Brew and how to get there...

Thought I'd chime in on AmberWitch's question. I can only speak for myself and Thorin - we tend to get there sometime around 6pm PST except for Wed, Thurs and Saturdays. Wednesdays are more like 7pm PST and Saturdays we're there a lot during the day but have an evening thing between 7 and 10pm PST.

Now that Brytt, Inga, Pasque and a few others are around again, there's more likelihood of running into people either earlier or later, but I'm pretty sure it's still mostly evening hours. Brytt will probably reply to let us know more specifically when he's around.

NOTE: Most Sunday evenings and a few others here and there, we have rehearsals going on right now from 6 - 7:30 pm PST on the roof. The rehearsals (by vote of the actors) are closed, so you'll see us up there but won't be able to access the roof, sorry! The performance is now scheduled for 5/2 (I'll announce that separately too).

That's not to say we don't encourage people to make themselves at home whenever! Feel free to hang out there whether we're there or not! Bella can always provide beverages and snacks if you need them.

As to HOW to get there, we're in the Travelogue of Baja RP Locations recently updated by WarderDragon, and wherever those are locked down (I know there's one at Sara's TAO house) you can use them. And of course I'm happy to provide runes if people PM me.

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

you only say that cause i said i don't put out on the first date! *winks*

and thanks for the compliment about the news reporters! i also agree to a point!
Sara and Nic do a wonderful job, I however...the black sheep...haven't posted real news in probably over 6 months now...

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a typical time that people show up at the Pub? Is there a rune to the Pub locked down somewhere so people can get there easily?
As a group, we seem to be about Golden between 5-9 PM PST, but we don't have "set" staffing hours just yet (honestly, we've been having too much fun just re-exploring, gardening, imbuing, taming mongbats, and getting our moving crates unpacked).

Personally, I'm usually home and near the Brew by 6PM PST. If you don't see anybody at the Brew, you might try walking a few houses south. The town of Golden extends from the Brew, at the north, to six or seven buildings south along the water to the Distillery, at the southern edge of town.

I'll check tonight, but I think there's a rune to the Brew in one of the Luna rune libraries, maybe that one in the NW corner? I'll double check tonight.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*readies her backpack and heads towards a moongate for a few days travel to Baja*

K

KitaTalith

Yep. Also, Matt doubles as our bouncer. If he asks, the password is "manpit". You can ask Kita to explain that one when you see her.
To which request, Kita will turn bright pink, hem and haw, and flee the scene.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Brytt said:
The town of Golden extends from the Brew, at the north, to six or seven buildings south along the water to the Distillery, at the southern edge of town.
Don't forget Lady Goodfellow.

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, Fern and her roof-top tanning are Golden by osmosis.

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a rune to the Pub locked down somewhere so people can get there easily?
I just checked and one of Sir Nicholas the Old's Travelogues is locked down in the Baja Welcome Brigade Community Center. If you're planning to visit us from another shard, head to Luna and, within the city walls, go to the white marble building in the NW corner. You'll find the Travelogue locked down on the nearest pedestal to your right.

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back, Brytt!

Good seeing you and all the other Golden folks for that matter! I shall drink sake shots in your name. Probably whilst nude. Probably in the sake springs near Zento. Probably after running through some random dungeon(s) with some random creatures with some random intent to eat that random naked monk. I remember running into Kita while she was revisiting Britain and I was grinning from ear to ear! I guess random occurrences really do lead to unexpected surprises!

See you in Sosaria, and if there's anything that you need, I'll do my best to accommodate! I'm still trying to get my Nudist Bar and Spa off the ground. Granted, it's taken me more blinkin' years than I care to count, but it's the journey that counts! :shots:

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have placed a charged Travelogue on the steps to my house for those of you who cannot easily get around. If you notice the book running low on charges, please post a reminder on my bulletin board.

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail and Welcome Friend Brytt,

I arrived in Sosaria only weeks before Baja was discovered and opened to the people. Upon Baja I made Trinsic my home. Among my earliest pilgrimage's to the Shrines of Virtue I traversed the Justice peninsula. The "Golden" heritage of the region has shined forth its welcoming lights to many Travelers, from Nobility to Merchant, to weary folk seeking only rest and shelter.

With thanks, enthusiasm, and deep gratitude, I welcome thee back, thee and all thy Golden friends.

Lord Elladan of Trinsic