• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Negotiating for a King's Grace: Event Announcement, Schedule, Rules

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from goldenbrewtavern.com

Negotiating for a king’s grace

Tuesday, June 16, 2009
By EMSeppo

Justice without force is powerless;
force without justice is tyrannical.

Emilio, the farmer, stood dumbfounded as he watched the king’s men setting up a massive tent. What was a flat green pasture, a source of his livelihood, had been turned into a circus despite his protests.

It all began at crack of dawn, without as much as an inkling of a warning. Phyllis was about to begin his day when his ears picked up the tell-tale noises of an approaching caravan. He found this to be odd as no one ever came this west of Britain except for those pesky pumpkin thieves during Halloween season.

Confused and alarmed, he picked up his pitchfork and went down the road to investigate. Only few paces led him to a caravan being accompanied by men dressed in the garb of Royal Guards.

*slightly taken back by the presence of guards in his neck of the woods*
Emilio: Hail frhiends, have you losth yourh way? The cithy is in the opposithe dirhection!

Lane: *makes a dismissive gesture* We are not lost, peasant! This is royal business. Do not attempt to interfere, lest you would like to feel the butt of my halberd.

Emilio: *smiles nervously* King’s business, eh? Has Lord Brhitish rheturned then?

Lane: *holds Emilio by the collar of his tattered shirt* Lord Casca, the new king, is to hold important negotiations here. We are to erect a tent at that farmland over there
*points in the direction of Emilio's farm*

Emilio: *looking confused* Merhcy, I meanth no offense.

Emilio: *realizes that the guard pointed towards his farm*Buth.. you musth noth build on thath land, Sirhe! Thath be my fahrm… I need the land rheady for sowing!

Lane: *looks towards the other guards* This peasant wants us to not build the tent on his farm because he needs to plant seeds. Should we pack up and go tell Lord Casca that we cannot build his tent?
*chuckles along with the other guards*

Emilio: Sirhe, pleas…
*falls to his knees by a sudden blow to his gut*

Lane: Silence! We are going to build this tent on your farm and we are going to use your grain to feed the men on your table. Got anything to say about it?

Emilio: *bites his tongue* King is mosth welcome, Sirhe!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All representatives are asked to read the rules and sign up for negotiation slots
Related articles:
List of registered representatives
Call for representatives

Negotiating for a king’s grace – Schedule/Rules

Tuesday, June 16, 2009
By EMSeppo

Event announcement: Negotiating for a king’s grace
Time: Saturday, June 20th, 3:30 PST to 6:30 PST

Schedule of day:
3:30 PST: Arrival and introductions

3:40 PST: Negotiation Slot 1
4:00 PST: Negotiation Slot 2
4:20 PST: Negotiation Slot 3
4:40 PST Negotiation Slot 4
5:00 PST: Negotiation Slot 5
5:20 PST: Negotiation Slot 6
5:40 PST: Negotiation Slot 7

6:00 PST: Deliberation/Recess

6:10 PST: Judgment delivered: Lord Saius will grant or reject autonomy

6:30 PST: End

Rules
1) All representatives must indicate at least 2 slots that would work for them, if not more, by commenting in the thread on goldenbrewtavern.com

2) All representatives must be present for the judgment delivery. If they cannot personally attend then they must find a substitute. Not doing so would indicate that the group being represented by you has decided to break the negotiations and have aligned against the throne, leading to unfavorable consequences.

3) All representatives must be prepared to defend their claim of autonomy (Approximately 10-15 minutes)

Related Articles:
List of registered representatives
Official Event announcement

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before the negotiations, registered representatives were served a summons by Lord Sarius:

Following the negotiations those who would not swear to an oath of loyalty to King Casca found these banners in front of their houses.​

I haven't had time to contact all the representatives, however this is what a member of Cartel had to say about the banner they received:​

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear Lord Saius,

Please refrain from leaving your trash at our doorstep.

Thanks.

C

Cymidei Fier

The Dark Tower too has received a scarlet banner from Lord Casca. He vows bloodshed, let us see what strength he can muster against the Dark Tower! It will be his blood that will be shed when we strike off his head!

Here is a picture of the King's arrival at the negotiations, let it be said that only the guards and Inquisitors of the Ordo Malleus bowed before the pretender and tyrant. All others oppose, mock and defy this so-called King, the time for revolution is at hand.

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First we have Lady Magdanlena's Victory banner for her Queendom of QSA

And here we have the Kingdom of Dawn's flag spouting off more war threats.

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have to admit. The EMs' flair for style is top-notch. Also, I really enjoyed all the speeches at the Negotiations. GREAT job to the representatives and to the folks who attended.

I'm still going to fight for my Kingdom which happens to be the outhouse at the Skara Brae Fairegrounds. The Ivory (or porcelain/wooden) Throne knows the secrets of everyone who has visited its hallowed seat!!! :danceb:

O

OBR Knight Zackarias

i think i smell a hint of battle... "Coming soon to a Kingdom near YOU" =P

nah... this should be fun!! :thumbsup: