• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]Napa Valley Conquers The Magic Of The Abyss!

Napa Valley News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings fellow Britannians!

At the close of the Outpost of the Abyss event, two individuals in Napa Valley found themselves with the unique opportunity to relocate to an unusual, albeit dangerous location.

One, of human origins, was apparently so shocked by Queen Dawn's appointment as Ranger of the Abyss, that he or she has disappeared entirely. A thorough search has turned up no body, so we must assume that the individual has gone into hiding. Perhaps the pressure of such a daunting task was simply to much to bear. I made an attempt to seek out this individual through my usual contacts but alas, nothing turned up. I even attempted a search for the outpost in the Abyss myself, again, I found nothing. A name alone does not an outpost make, perhaps Beauty will return soon to take up the mantle as Ranger for all of us.

The second, appointed by Queen Zhah as the Warden of Abyss and of gargoyle origins, did Ter Mur proud. He not only stepped up to the task, but has embraced the spirit of this wholeheartedly! In fact, I met with our new Warden and was most impressed with his contribution to our community. The gargoyles have outdone themselves with Lord Fos-Gar.

Lord Fos-Gar is a long standing member of gargoyle society, having migrated to the then unknown Ter Mur, close to 10 years ago. He initially spoke of the dreams he had of becoming an imbuer but over time, he discovered his talents were more in the realm of magic, mysticism, and with the introduction to our Elven society, spellweaving. His handle on magic must have been an amazing asset in placing the outpost as Queen Zhah's council had been trying to do just that for a very long time.

A member of the guild, LRON, he entered the Abyss for the sole purpose of becoming it's Warden. In fact, he tried many times, under many guises, before finally coming up with the correct mixture that would negate the magic preventing the outposts construction. His diligence obviously paid off, giving Ter Mur it's base in the Abyss, and all of us a safe haven.

I asked Lord Fos-Gar about the successful bottle, and he laughingly told me about it's completion. When it worked, he was very surprised. Shocked, I believe was the word he used. In fact, having sustained so many previous failures, at first he thought there was an army of stealthers setting off fireworks. For a moment, all he could think was, Wow, there sure are a lot of stealthers here! The Abyss's magic interacting with his had set off a chain of dazzling effects. That must have been quite the light show!

When he realized he had done it, his first course was to tell friend, and fellow guildmate, Snakeman. I assume this was, of course, after he had reported the news to Queen Zhah. Royalty usually gets rather testy when made to wait for something, and the gargoyle Queen had been seeking this solution for far longer than our Queen Dawn.

Not long after his successful spell, and with the aid from the builders in Mythic, he set about completing his mission. Building the outpost itself. I was informed that the construction went smoothly, timely, and without a single hitch.

Lord Fos-Gar himself gave me a tour of the premises and I must say, I was very impressed. I met him in Luna, and he took me a short distance from Luna bank, to Kahlan Rahl's mall, where a teleporter has been set up. This access point gives everyone a direct line to the outpost, and therefore, to the Abyss itself.

Also, the first floor contains a Crystal Portal, a Resurrection Shrine, and two vendors with some basic necessities for survival in the Abyss. He will add to the outpost as necessity requires and was very open to suggestions from Napa. He was also most adamant about his plans to keep it open for all, and in making it nice, useful, for all of us!

And one of the perks as the builder? A nighttime shout-out for LRON glowing in the darkness. You're correct Lord Fos-Gar, it is amazing at night!

Napa Valley thanks you Lord Fos-Gar, and also, everyone else who aided in putting this together. Two people who helped in decorating, Deb and Jammie, you guys are awesome!

Best Gaming Wishes,
Salya Sin

More...

F

five oclock

Great story..and I noticed one of the pics is on the stratics home page :D congrats again :D

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good work from the LRON group, not many people would do such as they have. Napa should send its praise.

S

Salya Sin

I believe the night glow is made using green communication crystals under green fishing nets. I'm not sure if there is anything else... it's hard to tell. I tried to find out myself... it's a fabulous effect! Some of you are so darned clever with manipulating objects in the game... I'm just not that cool!

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is all a figment of your imagination :stretcher:

Congrats bud, it would of been great to of been there with wand in hand & looking at it saying, man that's one good wand! :lol:

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe the night glow is made using green communication crystals under green fishing nets
That would make sense. Cool. I'm still getting over the fact that lava/swamp tiles can be walked on, wish I didn't sell all my swamp tiles from spawns ;D.

S

Salya Sin

That would make sense. Cool. I'm still getting over the fact that lava/swamp tiles can be walked on, wish I didn't sell all my swamp tiles from spawns ;D.
Hmm... I didn't know they could be walked on... I always placed mine where I wouldn't need to walk. YAY! Thanks for inadvertently passing the info to the clueless... :)

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thank you so much for the use of the teleport.

If you need anything just ask.