• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]Museum Review: Jinx & Sara's Museum on Baja

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator

Which item means the most to you and which one is your personal favorite?

The item that means the most to me, is my singing ball. It was given to me as a wedding gift from Sara on June 6th 2009, the day we were married in game by EM Seppo.

Another favorite item of mine is a Blaze Cake which reads:
“To the sweetest couple, Congrats to Sara and Jinx, June 6th 2010” This was a gift from Mesanna to Sara and I, to honor the day that we became engaged in real life. Both of these items mean the world to me.

Do any of the items on display have any special abilities?

I have a couple of items that shoot flame strikes when clicked, a sketch by Micheal of Moonglow, and the Demonic Crisis Vanquisher Statue. I also have a highly charged warning flare on the porch of my house. It’s the little purple bottle, on the Abyss house teleporter.

Seeing as you have collected many unique and some priceless items which item would you say was your best deal?

I would have to say the items, that I receive from events are always the best deal.
Also the help of others, I wouldn’t have all of these items, without the help of good friends, family and guild mates.

While looking through the displays I noticed you have a good number of Yattering event items. Do you normally help preserve the Baja Shards history?

I try to help preserve the history of Baja, I have many Baja event items, including lots of unique ones. Still looking for 1 or 2 of the Baja Easter eggs from a few years back. I have had people donate Baja event items, so that everyone will be able to enjoy them.

You know as well as I do that a collectors job is never complete. Always that one item that got away, are there any items you just wish you could put on display at your museum?

I would love to have the void rock spinning on the front porch of my Luna house,
That sure would get some peoples attention!

I’ve heard that being in the Rares business is like playing the stock market. One day something is worth 85million gold and the next day its worth about 50gold. Have you had items that were worth hundreds of millions that became worthless the next day and what made it worthless?

Nothing on a major scale, server birth tarot cards etc when doom came out. I did purchase a neon leather dye tub for 350 mil about two weeks before ea decided to “fix” them. It’s not worthless now, it’s just stuck on neon blue. I knew the risk involved, so I am not by any means upset about it.

Continuing on the subject of prices let’s talk about pricing EM Event Items. I have seen EM items range from 2million to 300million, exactly what factors into the pricing of an EM Event item?

Desirability, it all depends on how cool the item is, and how many people want it. Previously unused graphics, with strange colors, and good names, are what really makes an item worth lots of gold.

The Rares Community has seen its share of shady in game brokers and scammers throughout the years running big time heists. Seeing as you are well respected and trusted in the Rares Community would you being willing to give some advice?

Not sure I am comfortable naming any names, as I haven’t had the pleasure of catching any scammers lately.

People need to learn to be extra careful when dealing with others in regards to rares or any high-end items. It never hurts to be cautious and check and double check, before buying something. If something seems too good to be true, it probably is.

There are lots of losers out there, with lots of time on their hands, who will do whatever they can, to scam and cheat people of their hard earned items or gold.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Great post guys, I know this was a lot of work and it is very much appreciated!!

P

PoCove

Great post I do look forward to seeing more of them in the future ...

There are some nice items on display there ..

xblade

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i drule every time i go into there lol you both are doing a great job keep it up

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
wonderful stuffs. Yoo wouldn't wanna part wif a goblin finner paints? Goblins (pitmuck) would really like to display one at the goblin village of pitmuck.

girkle

ozog da ice creams man
pitmuck

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome place that I frequent often, and awesome players to know as well =).

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wonderful stuffs. Yoo wouldn't wanna part wif a goblin finner paints? Goblins (pitmuck) would really like to display one at the goblin village of pitmuck.

girkle

ozog da ice creams man
pitmuck
Sorry Ozog, doubt i would ever part with any of our goblin items.

Awesome place that I frequent often, and awesome players to know as well =).
Thank you.... Lineman and Cartheon are some of the nicest people we know.

Thank you Gareth for putting this review together.
You did a wonderful job.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
*pouts* otay mees dinna tink yoos would.girkle for replying tho.

Ozog
Pitmuck

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
You're most welcome

There is so much more to see!!! The pictures hardly even scratch the surface of this massive museum. I suggest everyone to head on over and take a good look around.

(There would have been more display pictures but I kinda corrupted a few)