• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Moonglow Blackrock Detector to be Unveiled on the 28th!

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new <a target="_blank" href=http://www.uoherald.com/liveevents/>Live Events 2008 page</A> had this to say about the event that is planned to start Friday the 28th of March:
Blackrock - the world's most valuable ore. Nearly impervious to the fires of forging and magics alike, yet a violent reagent in spells best forgotten - the bane of the Britannian government and its great hope. Entire cities have been wiped off the face of the map, and every rumor, every whisper points to this mysterious substance. It's been known to drive men mad and beasts wild. More than one infirmary houses raving lunatics, with their imaginary voices, and victims of vicious blackrock infected monsters.

At last, one mage believes he's found a way to locate blackrock en masse, with a cunning artifice of machinery and arcane power. Even when his own fellows abandoned him and his work, Kronos found unexpected support in the government, eager to fund his work. He's worked his entire life just for a moment like this, and Moonglow will be forever remembered as the place where his legacy was born. His machine, aided by an ancient artifact and a sample of blackrock, will at last prove his theories... he knows it will.

But more eyes are on this project than even the government knows. Beyond the benign alchemical research lies a darker power. Friendships will be tested, loyalties questioned, and a future forged by the actions of those who come and bear witness to this "Mad Mage."

Here is some more helpful information for anyone who might be interested in being in Moonglow to take part in this event:

BNN: Blackrock Detector to be Unveiled!

“After initially losing funding from the Mage’s Council in Moonglow, progress on the "blackrock detection machine" resumed late last month with government intervention, and is finally nearing completion. Despite fears of the dangers involved in working with the still-mysterious substance, officials agree on the necessity of knowing where it is. Captain Avery, of the militia, made the following statement:"

To read more, visit the Britannia News Network <a target="_blank" href=http://town.uo.com/bnn/article_589.html>here:</A>

For more information about the event, see below:
Event occurs over two days

Day One: Do not be concerned if you show up and it all goes up in smoke. Just being there sets the stage for your interactions in Day Two.
Bring blackrock
Don’t kick Kronos when he’s down

Day Two: The experiment is unleashed in full form.
Bring blackrock.
Be prepared to be trapped for a little while
Be prepared to fight
Be prepared to choose your loyalties

Collectable items that “seem” to have only decorative purpose will have a turn-in, along with the Ophidian items, in Publish 52.
More information, including times for the event on each shard, will be announced tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a few things for everyone. By the sounds of it you may need to have some blackrock on you for some parts of this event. So anyone who has any extra blackrock please bring it for those players who don't have any at all.

TW says Anne will not be able to run a Friday Night Hunt group, but I am sure there will plenty of people gathering in Moonglow to take part in the event. I know I will be there so just look for me.

Lastly if you noticed the last thing Draconi stated was, " Collectible items that “seem” to have only decorative purpose will have a turn-in, along with the Ophidian items, in Publish 52. " I wonder if the decorative items include all the rubble from Magincia that everyone collected? Still that will be publish 52 and this events is publish is 51. So we will still have to wait a bit to turn in our Ophidian items.

G

<blockquote><hr>

TW says Anne will not be able to run a Friday Night Hunt group, but I am sure there will plenty of people gathering in Moonglow to take part in the event. I know I will be there so just look for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to speak for Anne....I get in enough trouble speaking for myself...lol

I am sure if she makes an appearance at all she will be doing what she always does....helping anyone that needs it and making sure everyone has fun.

Good of you Val to step up and help organize this for the shard!

Not sure IF I can make it either night yet...but if I can....I will try to be there and do what I can as well!

Cheers
TW

G

Collectible items that “seem” to have only decorative purpose will have a turn-in, along with the Ophidian items, in Publish 52.

now for the first time in catskill history i can wait and hope this publish is delayed.

first night of ophidian event i went hunting and ran into Grog we hunted together for a while then i told him thats it for me as i had a plane to catch early next morning and would be away 3 weeks. well the day i got back i got a pm on statics to meet grog that night as he know read statics during day. he presented me with a package containing 2 of every ratio and order and book.
which is in the chest with a set of items he got begging that he gave me. then when the first halloween stuff came out he was like get your begger working.

lets just hope that i never think of turning those things in

G

if you are ever tempted...or strapped for gold....let me know what it is worth...and I will try to add it to the Grog Museum.

Until that day comes...keep it in good faith!

TW

G

will do even have valentine cards from him to a few of my char. lol he even had made a char named secret admirer hehe have to look if the begged have his name on it. or the boxes they and the rations are in .

G

I am still trying to figure all this out. Last night I arrived a bit earlier than the 9 O'clock hour and waited by the Herbal Splendor. I never saw Draconi arrive. I think I did see a big explosion but with everyone there I can't be sure. Then I saw a gray name called Blue Wisp and he/she gave a speech somthing about us mere mortals. I left at 9:23 because like every other event all I could see were guilds killing off each other or trying to, and dragons in my way.
So my question is did I miss the event or was I in the wrong place to toally see the event? How will I know if my presence there made any differnce for tonight? I did have a piece of Blackrock in my pack but I may have been given it too late not sure.

L

Lord Franklin

No Duncan, you didn't miss it. There just wasn't much to see. From what everyone has been able to piece together, it looks like:

Draconi showed up at the event on some shards, but not ours. That's probably why we didn't see the giant explosion that some shards did. No dramatic entrance!

Kronos and Dexter gave a few lines of NPC chat about flipping the machine on, but it didn't work. They will try again tonight, Saturday.

I didn't catch all of the blue wisp's speech, but it seemed to be warning us, again.

Draconi has said in a post after the event that if you were there last night, you would "get" something if you're there tonight. Check out Vallend's news posts for the exact quote.

Franklin