• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Mongbats and more!

L

Lady Mana

Attention denizens of Britannia! There's two new bits of news from our EMs. One, they have established a Wordpress site dedicated to Napa Valley's EM's and events: <a href="http://napavalley.uoem.net/"Napavalley's EM Site</a>.

Secondly, a greater mongbat battle! Interested? Readon for more information:

Tame up your greatest mongbat and pit them against your fellow Britannians to find out Who has the Greatest Mongbat on Napa Valley!!

Date: Aug 1st, 2009
Time: 5pm PST, 6 MTN, 7 CST, 8 EST

Location: PvP Arena in Felucca - enter via the Vortex at the Bucs Den entrance, Felucca
Note: There will be NO PvP or player killing tolerated at this event! It must be held in Felucca due to combat restrictions in Trammel, but this is NOT a Human PvP event!!

Players will pit their mongbats against one another.

* Anybody can tame a mongbat (no taming skill required). If you desire to tame and train a great mongbat then there will be a seperate bracket.
* Mongbats can be tamed in several places, around the Moonglow Moongate is probably the most convenient.
* Bonded pets are recommended.
o To bond a pet , tame one. Then, buy some meat or create meat to feed your new pet. Feed the meat to your mongbat. Then, go to the nearest stable and say the word stable, then target your mongbat. Keep your mongbat in the stable for 7 full days. After that point, go back to any stable and say claim list. This will show any pets currently in your stable. Pick your mongbat to claim it, then feed it another piece of meat. You should receive a message that your pet has bonded with you, and the word bonded should appear when you mouse over your pet. If not, put your pet back in the stable and try again tomorrow. Once your pet is bonded, you can begin training it. We recommend using a bonded pet because if the pet dies, it will become a ghost and can be resurrected. If the pet is not bonded, it will suffer a more traumatic death - one from which it cannot return to life.
* Fight brackets will be determined at random by the EMs at the start of the event.
* Fights will occur at the EM PvP house in Felucca.
* EMs will pull each competitor and their mongbat into the ring at fight time.
* Players cannot heal or vet their pets.
* No use of peacemaking (neither area nor targeted).
* Professional veterinary services (heals and resurrections) will be provided after each fight for trainers that are unable to perform such tasks on their pets.
* A magic wall will be cast. When the wall falls, players command their mongbats to attack the opposing mongbat.
* Fighting will continue until one chicken dies. The last chicken standing is the winner for that fight.
* Matches will continue until all but one chicken is eliminated. The last chicken standing at the end of the fight Rules the Roost.
* Players may not kill other players or other players mongbats (aside from the EM-sanctioned mongbat fight) before, during, or after this event. Offenders will be immediately removed from the PvP Arena house and denied re-entry.

Regards,
Lady Mana
Lieutenant of the Royal Britannian Guards

R

Richard Pryor

There's that guy Zlad that does that awesome song about having some lady climb onto his love rocket.

K

Kurgan

Are we having Mongbats for or chickens?

* Fighting will continue until one chicken dies. The last chicken standing is the winner for that fight.
* Matches will continue until all but one chicken is eliminated. The last chicken standing at the end of the fight Rules the Roost.

L

Lady Mana

Are we having Mongbats for or chickens?

I'm fairly certain it means mongbats... they must just be using chicken rules xD

Z

zeroshade

Wonder how many will attend... I'll be there with my mine

S

Salya Sin

Mines currently training while "Eye of the Tiger" plays in the background. I hope I can find the time to get him high enough. It's fun though... to see a Greater Mongbat take on the higher mobs with just a bit of Vet. That was definitely in my top 100 of things I'd never see. They're so little... :)

Z

zeroshade

I chose the regular monbgat, apparently there's going to be two brackets, i just hope there's enough time to get the stats up... clock is ticking

D

Deb

And now according to the lantern Casca has forbidden it...go figure.

S

Salya Sin

Grrr!!! Not that he was ready yet... but still. GRRR!

On the other hand... perhaps they canceled as something else will pop for Saturday night? We are at the end of an arc... and last night RULED! Anyone else have as much fun at that insanely packed spawn? I died once... stupid Liche and didn't think to loot any bodies... stupid me... but other than that... GO EM'S!

D

Deb

I know our group had a blast..it seemed like a stress test at times. :)
I was surprised at how little lag I experienced, just a moments freeze
here and there not like past events where you would be frozen in
time for seconds and find yourself dead when you finally could move.
There were pink flour bags named "Orciez fuud" on the orcs.