• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Meraktus the Tormented Challenged by HOT Guild

_zigzag_

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sent to us by JC the Builder - thanks JC!
"Deep in the depths of the Labyrinth lies a mysterious and fabled champion. One night the famous and mighty HOT Guild of Atlantic shard decided to seek out this legendary minotaur who goes by the name Meraktus. Battling their way through the twisting paths and deadly foes, brave HOT members manage to force the Minotaur leader out of hiding. Unfortunately for HOT they got more than they bargained for!"
--- Videos ---
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

More information about Meraktus the Tormented can be found on UOGuide.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually....I watched the entire thing and enjoyed it very much. As a guild of one, that is the closest I may come to seeing the big guy.

What do you get as loot or title from that spawn? Didn't look like it was worth it hehe...

Way to go Hot Members & Thanks for sharing that with us JC.

Andrasta
Goodman's Rune Library

T

Tazar

Meraktus? Been there, done that.... and sadly, there is no reward... no champ gold drop, no special arty (heck, no arties at all), not even a t-shirt! Just a few items that any monster might drop...

But you are welcome to come along with us anytime Andrasta! There, or peerless, or anything else that you might want to try that requires a group. We'd be glad to show you around. :)

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Tazar....I am going to take you up on that in the very near future. I have only been to one Peerless. Some nice guild took pity on me one Saturday morning and took me to the Bedlam one. I look forward to seeing another one very soon...

Aalia's got me so much work to do I may never seen the sun but I'll sneak away one of these days real soon...

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*cough* as i remember i just wanted to sort Runes .... you wanted to make it a 50 Book Runebook set :p

But aye nice job HOT

And Amanita quit trolling , noone forces you to read anything posted by HOT

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate (love) to point this out... but Zag Zig is not a reporter... so he can't use the {news} tag... ok? But I'll forgive him this time... and repost this as news too... so that's one more... for me!

Anyway... my cat is sick, so I was hoping to get and extra day off to take care of Mr. Kitty... that's why I wanted the extra news story... but if you are some kind of cat-hating freak then.... *checks ROC*... well just go to the unmoderated forum you cat-hating crap bag!

Ok... well...

Safe Travels, Sam

(+3 news stories so far)

Stuffa

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
JC what stuff do you use to / how do you record videos of UO gameplay? I always wanted to do that but never knew how :( Would be much appreciated if you could show me, cheers :D

Stuffaletté

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use Camtasia to record and edit the movies. Then I use VirtualDub to compress using the XVID codec.

T

Tazar

I use Camtasia to record and edit the movies. Then I use VirtualDub to compress using the XVID codec.
*sighs* You just had to do it didn't you JC... Now we are going to be inundated with videos of pink dress invasions! rofl

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just found this thread and watched the video. There were parts 1, 2 and 3 but only part one was available.

For a LONG time now I've wanted to do that "spawn". I looked into it, did my research. From what I gathered it was going to be another full-blown champ spawn that never fully got completed. However the remnants are still there. I tried to organize just such an event, but as powerful and strong as the reptalons are and the rend (omg, the rend) I just couldn't rally enough people. I still want to do this spawn though. In part one of that video feed you have linked I don't believe I ever saw Meraktus, did I just miss him? Or, isn't Meraktus supposed to be a female Minotaur? I found conflicting information about that. This pic I took:

from: http://uo.stratics.com/content/ml/creatures.shtml Uses the wording that Meraktus as being a male, and also has a "Tormented Minotaur" shown as being a female. On that page is still requesting more info on both of them. Did anyone happen to lore it to see their hit points?
However if you go to http://www.uoguide.com/Meraktus_the_Tormented it refers to Meraktus as being a female. Judging from the screenshot that I took from http://www.uoguide.com/Meraktus_the_Tormented Meraktus looks just like any other minotaur. Or should I study the picture closer?

I think that the lack of information on this particular spawn is what draws me in. The sheer mystery involved is a bit exciting. And did I hear that someone found a "Meraktus talisman"? Any chance of seeing a screen-shot of that?

I definitely want to do this spawn sometime, I may have to purchase a transfer token to get to your shard if I can't rally enough people on Catskills to help me with this sometime. Thank you for the video feed and all the information.

-Bob
a.k.a.
-Hagrid (of Catskills)