• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Meet and Greet with Mesanna! (Bring Your Jack-O-Lanterns!)

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings!

Associate Producer Mesanna the Dark Lady of Ultima Online will be visiting Atlantic this Tuesday October 26th @ 8:30pm EST (5:30pm PST)

We will be meeting at the EM Hall in Northern Britain (Trammel).

Bring your Mesanna Jack-O-Lanterns!

UOEM Atlantic

T

Tazar

Uh Oh...

Mesanna said something in global chat several weeks back about "Coming to Atlantic to play around Halloween". I think this could be deadly... :gee:

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you don't have a Mesanna Jack O' Lantern, you can bring any other name, right? And she'll dye it black with yellow eyes and rename it to her name? That's how the Chesapeake event went, anyways. And you're SOL if you don't bring any Jack O' Lantern, just as an fyi, in case someone else has one they'll donate to you. Please verify that we can bring any named Jack O' Lantern - thanks!

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Mesanna for taking your own time to do this for Atlantic.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Amazingly...

I didn't get left out in the cold again, thanks to the massive lag of these events. :scholar:

hehe

Thank you Mesanna!

Skrag

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Holding a "meet and greet" and then locking everyone out 5 minutes before it's even supposed to start is pure crap. I don't even care about whatever bit of re-labeled garbage they handed out for people to sell as rares. It's just a crap way to treat customers.

T

Tazar

I am sure everyone's clocks are not synchronized... but mine said they were locked right on schedule.

Theophania

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My clock seems to be the same as the majority of the others. The doors were locked 5 min. before the appointed time the event was suppose to start.

But, with that in mind, Mesanna was outside exchanging pumpkins, so I think she did good by the people locked out by doing so. There were still people who ended up with more pumpkins than they were suppose to, which is unfair to others, and why during these events, they lock the doors in the first place.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trouble is… if you know our shard or how these events run… tell people this is only for people with last year’s jack-o-lanterns, the room was FULL of people without, begging, crying, complaining… otherwise FLOODING the room with mind-blowing lag. I tried to do the community a good turn by selling off the few extras I had beforehand, but in the 30 seconds I sold 20 of them… it was clear this was going to be a problem. You can't blame them for locking the doors a few mins early. I was PMing friends not to be late… and that didn’t stop them from getting locked out. You have to show up a little early. Not at the last second. Just the lag alone, you could be late just fighting the lag.

Also… you may want to know, this wasn’t like clicking the statue to get a sash. Our EMs and Mesanna were taking people on 1 at a time, in 3 lines. It was very slow… and yes those beggars were clogging the lines by waiting and then begging when they got to the front. No one wants to get left out, true… but rules seam to be a challenge to some. It also didn’t help that it wasn’t clear if we were allowed to bring jack-o-lantern, not just Mesanna’s. I showed up just in case and then still wasn’t clear till the last second. Still… it's cool. How many people do you think got a treat this time around vs. the slightly darker colored “magical pumpkin” from a few years back? I only saw 2-3 of them, maybe. It could have been that bad… or we could have been left at the mercy of the shard-to-shard importers, as we get left out of some other event on another shard. Hate to say it… but if you missed out, check out the Lagtown vendors. I bet you can find one easier then those black roses from a few months ago.

T

Tazar

why during these events, they lock the doors in the first place.
I can understand why they lock the doors... it's simply because too many folks run home, log out, log in another character or another account, and run through again trying to get dozens of prizes for resale and cutting in line to get more, faster...

Skrag

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then the post should have looked like this.

[NEWS] Rares giveaway with Mesanna! (Those without Jack-O-Lanterns keep away!)

Greetings!

Associate Producer Mesanna the Dark Lady of Ultima Online will be visiting Atlantic this Tuesday October 26th @ 8:30pm EST (5:30pm PST) to hand out rares for a few people to sell and no other real purpose.

We will be meeting at the EM Hall in Northern Britain (Trammel). Doors will be locked 5 minutes before the event is supposed to begin.

Bring your Mesanna Jack-O-Lantern or don't bother showing up, jerkoff!
As it is, I showed up for a meet & greet on time and found the door slammed in my face with a riot going on outside.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can understand why they lock the doors... it's simply because too many folks run home, log out, log in another character or another account, and run through again trying to get dozens of prizes for resale and cutting in line to get more, faster...
Isn't that why they started doing those gates to hidden areas, to lock people out of doing the in and out business? 1 way gate out for after?

It would have also helped a lot if the building funtioned like a house and they could "boot" those without and begging. Just an idea.

Theophania

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That is the point I was trying to make, sorry if my post sounded otherwise.

On another shard, I was present when they gave sashes at the EM house in Malas. There, they would hand you a sash, then ban you from the house. Since banning a character from a house would ban the whole account, it was alot easier I believe. Sure you have to deal with people with multiple accounts, but who's to say they don't have multiple accounts already waiting in the Britain EM Hall? So my suggestion, follow suit, and try the house banning option next time they want limited release of an item. Then at the end of the event, they can just clear the ban list on the house.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...they would hand you a sash, then ban you from the house. Since banning a character from a house would ban the whole account, it was alot easier I believe.
This is a very slick idea! However... I honestly wouldnt put it past someone to FORGET to clear the ban list after. hehe At least they could have booted the Jack-less beggers that way.