• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]Maya Is Rescued!

Napa Valley News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings fellow Britannians, I give you the following news:

This evening the Royal Guard met with Queen Dawn as requested. It had been reported to Her Majesty that Lady Maya Demeter had gone missing after a solo attempt to trap, and or rescue, the aptly dubbed mad scientist, Professor Jenkins. As all of us know, Professor Jenkins was once a mentor to Lady Maya, and appears to be responsible for the plague of mutations in both Ter Mur and Britannia. The recent report from Ter Mur reached our Queen, stating that Maya had not returned from her attempts and was believed to be in danger.

To the surprise of all attending, Gorn showed for the meeting. He explained his presence as a concern over the mutations but it was most obvious that he feared for the Lady Maya. It was rather unfortunate that some of the Guard were less than pleased with his attendance and voiced that sentiment... loudly.

Queen Dawn had little information beyond a possible starting point for the search. At one time Professor Jenkins had worked in Yew, so to Yew the Royal Guard was sent with instructions to locate Lady Maya and return her to the Castle. There she was to be confined to her sleeping quarters until the extent of her exposure could be ascertained.

To the west of Yew, within one of the older buildings, the semblance of a lab was located. The interior contained several suspicious items, a journal written by Professor Jenkins, as well as an empty box of chocolates on the table. Gorn himself had reported Lady Maya's plan to lure the Professor with chocolate. It would seem that the Guard had found Lady Maya's offered gift and possible abduction point.

Reading the journal... I learned a great deal about the downfall of the Professor and the unfortunate happenings of Lady Maya.

The journals reference to a cell led the guard to another location outside Yew. East of the city, they found Lady Maya wandering aimlessly within a doorless structure. Entering at a southern point, they fought through the undead to reach her and beckoned her to follow them to safety. Lady Maya refused to leave.

It was clear she was not herself. Her skin had turned a horrid shade of green and she seemed confused, disoriented, and very ill. She tried numerous times to escape the Guard but eventually had no choice but to follow them. Through out the return trip to the castle, it became more and more apparent how ill she was.

Once reaching her room, Gorn approached Lady Maya. He alone appeared to be able to reason with her. His gentle questioning and assurances coaxed her to reveal the location of the cure. Gorn sent the Guard to search in an Orc Fort somewhere outside Yew in Felucca. Lady Maya could remember nothing more than that.

It was not long before members of the Royal Guard returned bearing several bottles of orange liquid taken from the Orcs. The first to arrive, Patyrn, quickly handed the bottle to Lady Maya. With some urging, she drank it down and others soon followed. She drank all that they brought and seemed to regain her composure. Though the green in her skin remained. Gorn expressed concern but voiced his opinion that perhaps the cure needed more time to completely heal her.

I spoke with Lady Maya briefly following the ordeal. It was most apparent that she needed rest but she did share a few words with me regarding her abduction. Clearly upset, she spoke of the Professors state of mind. Between sobs, the only explanation she could give was that the Professor had gone completely mad. His transformation was far worse than hers. In her words, "His color was indescribable!"

She spoke of her abduction, what she could remember of it. Simply that he had surprised her as she offered him her gift of chocolates. Which is as he described in his journal. Lady Maya clearly had no further knowledge to offer at this time and the whereabouts of the pages the Professor stole, which detailed the making of the cure, is still unknown.

The Royal Guard quickly left Lady Maya to rest, though she is to remain secured in her quarters for the time being. Let us hope that she will recover and that the Professor is soon found. The safety of our great land depends on it!

Best gaming wishes!
Salya Sin

More...

S

Salya Sin

The last two times I went to Felucca to report something... all I did was get rez killed over and over and my screen shots were grey nothings that didn't give names or anything... Until I can get my stealther up to par... I just report what the people that went to Fel tell me. I've made it clear many times... I don't PvP... and if I'm there reporting... I have to be alive to do so. It wasn't fun for anyone but the red's that decided to follow me around... regardless of how many times I tried to explain what I was doing there.

Though I am grateful for the three faction/red groups that allowed me to do what I was there to do. :) You guys ROCK! The one just can't seem to listen or be bothered to care about who is doing what. But I am assured that that is what Felucca is there for... and since I can't do anything about it... forgive me for not wanting to waste the energy anymore until I can get a character up that will be able to hide and do what I am there to do. :)

I am truly sorry to everyone... I'm working on my stealther... Look for a hidden 'Denied Fixation' when she is ready...

For the event... Maya gave the information when she was returned to Castle Brit.
They went.. killed a bunch of ORCs put there by the EM's and brought back the bottles looted from their bodies. The orc camp was in Yew Fel.