• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS:] Massively Evil Event Saturday 28 March 2009 7:30 PM EST

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A new shield has been placed at the EM Hall announcing this coming event. Remember that to take part you must be in the Shadowlords faction and this event will take place in Felucca. (Meaning that by being there you have consented to be able to be engaged in PvP and also thieves will be able to steal from you. So please do insure all the items you value before heading over to Felucca.) If you are in another faction and want to take part you must leave your present faction 72 hours before you can join a new faction.

In order to join a faction, you must visit the appropriate faction stronghold on the Felucca facet. You must find the faction stone, and double-click on it. The Shadowlords faction is located in the unused crypts in the Yew forest, a fair distance in a direct line northeast from the east Yew Healer's Shop named "Deep Forest Healing". This is not the Yew Graveyard; it’s the haunted crypts far to the northeast of the city within the woods.

Please remember when the Guildmaster for a guild joins the Faction, all players in that guild are added to the Faction whether online or offline.

Also be on your guard for members of other factions! Draconi made a statement on their possible actions in UHall:
sablestorm:I posted this elsewhere, but will event participants be subject to being attacked by the other factions? Would it be considered griefing to do so, or would you consider this just normal Felucca and factions play and story wise, why wouldn't the good guys try and halt whatever nefarious schemes the Shadowlords are concocting?

Draconi: Oh, no, since this will be occurring in Felucca, interference from other factions wouldn't be considered griefing.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 72 hours period to leave your present faction to join the SL faction is up already. So if you did not quit your old one by now just forget it. (Besides I don't think many would of quit their present Factions and lose all the kill points they have built up just for a single event.)

Word has reached me that some members of the present SL faction are not too happy with the prospect of being flooded with players who are only joining in the hopes of maybe getting a new item. The running joke is them pondering if its ok the kill these new recruits. At least I hope it is a joke.

The other 3 factions on Catskills have been a bit closed lipped about the event, but who that loves to PvP could pass up a chance to raid this event? This should be a very exciting event to watch.. from a distance.

Just a couple questions for you faction players to answer, and for those hoping to take part to think about:
1. The player's account cannot be a "young" account (have young account status) This is still in affect correct so many cross shard players will not be able to take part correct?
2. You can't give a murder count for killing someone from another faction in Fel, but you can get one for killing someone in your faction correct?
3. If you are in a faction only fellow members from your faction can heal, cure or ress you upon death. No one else can! So your only option is the find a healer in game if no other faction members is with you when you die, and that is both in Tram and Fel?
4. Are you still in a faction for a certain number of days after quitting it? If so how many?
5. You receive kill points for killing members of other factions correct? How many? You also get silver how much?
6. Do you still take an temporary faction stat lose of 33% skills for 20 minutes when killed by members of another faction? Plus is it true that no you can not gain skills during this time?

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 72 hours period to leave your present faction to join the SL faction is up already. So if you did not quit your old one by now just forget it. (Besides I don't think many would of quit their present Factions and lose all the kill points they have built up just for a single event.)

Word has reached me that some members of the present SL faction are not too happy with the prospect of being flooded with players who are only joining in the hopes of maybe getting a new item. The running joke is them pondering if its ok the kill these new recruits. At least I hope it is a joke.

The other 3 factions on Catskills have been a bit closed lipped about the event, but who that loves to PvP could pass up a chance to raid this event? This should be a very exciting event to watch.. from a distance.

Just a couple questions for you faction players to answer, and for those hoping to take part to think about:
1. The player's account cannot be a "young" account (have young account status) This is still in affect correct so many cross shard players will not be able to take part correct?
2. You can't give a murder count for killing someone from another faction in Fel, but you can get one for killing someone in your faction correct?
4. Are you still in a faction for a certain number of days after quitting it? If so how many?
I'm pretty sure theses three haven't changed much since my faction days.
1. Young players can't go to felucca so it's a given they can't join factions

2. Killing your own faction member unless they are red/grey or in your guild will give them an opportunity to give you a murder count.

4. Yes you stay in the faction after quitting for 3 days now evidently. It used to be a whole week.

C

CatLord

- Yes.

- Yes (unless red).

3. If you are in a faction only fellow members from your faction can heal, cure or ress you upon death. No one else can! So your only option is the find a healer in game if no other faction members is with you when you die, and that is both in Tram and Fel?
- Fel only... on Tram you can be healed, cured, ressed etc by anyone...
(your faction Tag vanishes)

- 72 hours after you decide to drop OR your GM decides to drop which will drop the entire guild... (not sure what will happen to players that joined Factions in that time in between, will let you know Sunday)

5. You receive kill points for killing members of other factions correct? How many? You also get silver how much?
- Yes, you collect 10% of their points, you collect from 0 to 40 silver (x3 on Faction towns)

6. Do you still take an temporary faction stat lose of 33% skills for 20 minutes when killed by members of another faction? Plus is it true that no you can not gain skills during this time?
Yes, yes.

C

Corvak

Since they're all in SL, and evil little buggers, wouldnt TB and CoM members showing up and attacking the event be to our benefit (as in the current event storyline, where we're the Royal Guard)

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since they're all in SL, and evil little buggers, wouldnt TB and CoM members showing up and attacking the event be to our benefit (as in the current event storyline, where we're the Royal Guard)
Most likely, yes.

C

CatLord

Only one problem... the room is for SL only.

A very small room... *winks*

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Statements like this one from UHall make me feel sorry for those who are not use to Fel.

Well newbies and/or trammies who don't pvp and who decide to sign up SL so they can get the event item.. be ready to die! There will be 3 other factions guilds attempting to raid you. Don't forget you can also be killed by your own faction members too.. I would not at all be surprised if you were ganked by other SL's just so they can loot your event item.
Still they can't come here and say they were not warned before hand. So I better not see angry posts over they killed and looted me after this event is over with.

They also are now calling this the Cloak and Dagger Event

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is something to keep in mind. Insure everything, especially things you pick up during the event.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
****Rubs chin, and ponders****

I'm wondering if there will be friendships ended by this event. Or if there are enough people that are able to keep in mind this is a game. Much like football, baseball or basketball its not that you "hate" the opposing side. Just that there is a common goal. One side v.s. the other. Or in this case 4 sides.

I have a handful of characters in a faction. But I harbor no resentment when I am pk'd or when I pk someone. Matter of fact its not uncommon for me to open a moongate for opposing sides to hop through to find a healer. Yeah, I know that might upset some, but I'm not a "hater" heh. Now, that is not a guarantee that I will. I certainly don't do it for the "smack" talkers. But yeah, I do have friends on opposing factions. When we see each other in "the field of battle" (Fellucca) then the gloves come off. I rather enjoy the politics of abiding to a peace treaty though. For the most part, in the past, it has worked well.

Not so much for me, but I hope friendships aren't ruined by this event. :( Lets have fun everyone. :)

****Thinks of how many death robes I will have in my pack by the end of the event****