• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Mad Scientist Defeated!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: [NEWS] Event Lantern!

Gathering at the Counselor's Hall tonight we were greeted by a lovely barmaid named Elizabeth who was very concerned for the safety of her village. She said that at this time of year there were always ghosts stories and she was used to that, but this year the tales of old seemed to be coming to life!

"The forests outside my hometown are overrun, and the guards are holding them back... for now. I have heard stories there is a scientist who seeks to live forever. He has been experimenting with the dead to try to reanimate intelligence. That must be why there is so much undead now."

While voicing concern regarding our safety, Elizabeth agreed to take us to her town where we could aid the overworked guards. A gate was opened to the small village of Cove and just outside the massive gate we found hordes of undead roaming the woods. The fight was on! We managed to push the invaders all the way back to the nearby graveyard, where the mad scientist was found still attempting to complete his evil experiments.

(reporter's note ~ it was at this point that I totally lost track of the progression of things.... when I finally found the note and gate inside the small building and bounced thru the gate, finding myself in the gypsy camp, I had no idea where to go..... kudos to the kind person who, thinking I was attempting to do the note part of the Halloween quest, attempted to help me)

Our target escaped thru the moongate and headed for the Vesper graveyard with our warriors hot on his trail. Tho he raised armies of undead he was realizing that he was no match for our determined fighters, and finally retreated to his labratory in Umbra, our band of citizens still in hot pursuit. Tho he attempted to hold us off at his lab (where, no doubt, he had vile concoctions at hand) he soon realized that he would be overpowered and scampered off, out of town, to seek safety in the hills.

The final battle took place just east of Umbra, with our brave Legends fighters victorious. The night held some rewards for the brave! Congratulations, Legends!