• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] LSN's Scavenger Hunt Results

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LSN's Scavenger Hunt ... or Where To Buy Eggs!

A crowd gathered at Luna Bank, anticipating the event. Just before the scavenger hunts books were handed out, Lady Taryn Sullivan appeared to observe the event.

Once we had our books, and Intoxication said 'Go', the race was on.

We had 30 minutes to find the following 10 items:
  1. Inshave
  2. Eggs
  3. Romantic Selection 1
  4. A Monk’s Robe
  5. Map of Magincia to Occlo
  6. Mallet and Chisel
  7. Fukiya
  8. Classic Tales of Vesper, volume 1
  9. Wasabi
  10. Blow Pipe
This was a true test of shopping skill! When the 30 minutes was up (and let me tell you 30 minutes go by fast when you're running from town to town via moongates ... I need to remember to get a city book!) we all turned in our bags of goodies.

• First Place, Oriana, 9 Items
  • Second Place, Sara, 8 Items
  • Third Place, Jin Image, 6 Items
  • Fourth Place, Blue Belle, 2 Items
  • Fifth Place, grace, 1 Item
Oriana received the Grand Prize of 5-Million Gold for returning with the most items .. she couldn't find Classic Tales of Vesper, volume 1, in the allotted time.

After winners were announced and the prizes awarded, Lady Taryn Sullivan addressed the crowd regarding EM's Laurana and Faine Morgan hosting a get together this coming Sunday, February 22, which I will post in a separate thread.

Thank you, Intoxication and Lost Souls of the Night, for sponsoring another shard event! It was great fun!

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WOOT!! Now I have insurance money!!! Look out Origin, you'll probably be seeing more of me around.

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats to all the winners! Some interesting items to find there. I'd imagine that some were a bit challenging to dig up. :)

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats to all the winners! Some interesting items to find there. I'd imagine that some were a bit challenging to dig up. :)
I'm a shopper from WAYYYY back ... my profile used to read, 'All Titles Acquired By Accident, And Usually While Shopping'.
I knew I could get the eggs in Cove where I always buy them for my cook. However, I didn't have a city runebook to Cove, and decided to not waste time trying to get to Cove by foot. I learned later another NPC near Brit sells eggs,too.
As for the book requested, I know that NPC's sell various books .. it was matter of finding the right NPC, which I was unable to do. After the event, I found out there's one NPC who sells books by one title, but the title changes after you purchase it. It's just a matter of knowing where that NPC is located, and keep buying books until you get the title you want. This last one is SOOOOO good, I'm not disclosing that NPC .. I may want to use this in a scavenger hunt at a later date.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had to give up on that book, thankfully I did have a town runebook and went all over to provisioners to see what they had, the meanies!!

B

blueturtle00

what npc sells monk's robe? werent those all duped robes turned into monks robes?

I

Intoxication

right out side of the yew bank there is a shop with 3 monks in it. they all sell them. the monk robe was put in place of the duped robes but they made sure to put them on npc's too so that they wouldn't have a lot of value. I think the npc sells them for under 400 gold but i don't remember the price.

F

Flora Green

You are doing a lot for the shard, Intoxication. Thank you! I really wanted to participate, but my little one didn't want to go to bed. Maybe next time.

And congratulations, Oriana. Was that you "hiding" upstairs in Luna today? I saw an Oriana behind a horse when I was tithing. :p

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are doing a lot for the shard, Intoxication. Thank you! I really wanted to participate, but my little one didn't want to go to bed. Maybe next time.

And congratulations, Oriana. Was that you "hiding" upstairs in Luna today? I saw an Oriana behind a horse when I was tithing. :p
Sorry you missed this one, Flora. Hope to get to meet you in game sometime.
I won't guarantee that was our Oriana you saw at Luna, but since she and I are both spending a lot of time working on getting some skill on our Origin characters, I am pretty certain it was her.
And a word of thanks to all the people on Origin who have been so kind to us. Due to your generosity, I have now have a full .. yes, 64 spells!!! spellbook, a runebook, 100% LRC armor with very nice resists and some other things to make it a bit easier for me there. Your generosity has been overwhelming.

M

Michael Wolf

WOOT!! Now I have insurance money!!! Look out Origin, you'll probably be seeing more of me around.
Now we have you hooked on Origin! I figured if I quit, you and Sara would have to spend more time here and it's only a matter of time before Origin sucks you in... :)

Oh BTW, if either of you need any basic supplies, spell books, rune books, etc, let me know, I can also give you some storage space in one of my houses if you need more than bank room...

F

Flora Green

I'm around pretty much daily, even if it's just to collect bods and tend plants, Sara. I'm sure we'll meet sometime. :)