• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Lord Casca Appears Before Lake Superior Citizens

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lord Casca Appears Before Lake Superior Citizens

Standing in the outside foyer of Lord Blackthorn’s Castle felt as uneasy as hearing the sudden news that our realms had a new King in an elf named Casca. I went both Saturday and Sunday to hear the newly appointed King address us citizens.

A sizable amount of both concerned and unconcerned people were there, some just out of curiosity to be sure. I found it daunting to find a place where I could get a good view of those gathered and yet not lose site of what was said. Having found my spot I waited patiently.

When Lord Casca appeared he was standing above us all, already lofty in his actions balancing on a post and looking down on the crowd. He was here with a purpose and not easily distracted from it despite the many sayings from the crowd. Already showing his prowess as a ruler he relayed his much practiced speech, not wavering from his intentions.

He spoke of being under oppression and the cities under siege from the Shadowlords. He spoke of a new Captain of the Royal Guard. He also spoke of, well he mentioned mandatory conscription if it came to it. He would not specify if this applied to enrollment in the military or by monetary means but the crowd bristled at this suggestion. These are very brave things to say as a new King and his resolve is there. So take what you will from his words, dear fellow citizens but do not take them lightly. This is sure to affect each and every residence of this realm.

The current counsel has been shifted to more of an advisory position and what is more, “all independent governments by Royal decree are to disband and hence forth outlawed, all non-sanctioned townships and state hoods abolished. Unity must begin from within and by separating ourselves we are counterproductive to that purpose.”

I will close with that thought and let the words seep into your thoughts and dreams of what we may be asked to do. There is no knowledge save for gut instinct on what this may mean. Already reaching the boundaries of opinion as a reporter I simply leave you with this as wisely said as closing remarks by Lord Casca but taken out of context may mean the same for his rule, “We must unify or taste defeat at the hands of our enemies!”

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I look forward to the meetup tonight.

However I must say from a UO player perspective, last night's event was probably one of the best non-combat based events I have been involved in that has been run by the UO Team. For a rare occasion, we got through an event with a bare minimum (even if that much) of interruption and spamming by people intent on ruining the event and covering up what was being said and/or done.

So kudos to us on LS for being... well... mature.

And kudos to the event moderators playing the characters actually interacting instead of just running through the script and buggering off.

Speaks well of upcoming events I believe.

As for the events themselves... well we'll discuss that tonight.