• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS News Letter

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
funnily enough the link to the doom changes doesn't work (for me at least)...
the new doom artifacts are on TC though and make me wonder if any of the devs actually play the game themselves anymore.

almost all of the artifacts will not be used by anyone because they lack essential properties for warrior or caster types.

then they introduce two new hit spell effects that will cause enormous balancing issues - like splintering isn't problematic enough. the one has a chance to summon natures fury on the target (which probably is more annoying than overpowered) and the much more problematic one will reduce stamina to 0 (i.e. forces you to walk/immobilizes you) and prevents the use of refresh potions for a certain ammount of time. Luckily they put both these new hit spells on weapons that are completely useless for PvP because they have mostly irrelevant mods (stamina leech on a bow - wtf???) and lack essential ones like hld, hci, dci etc.

while I don't like to be a negative nancy these changes leave me wondering what they were thinking...
I like the idea of revamping old content and updating artifacts to make them viable options again, but clearly this is not the way to do it...

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Just a reminder that there will be a M&G on Chessy Jan 9th 7pm ET. Be sure to get those questions ready for them.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Would not be fear to Chessy to bug them with Siege questions but we may have other questions, like the bugs in the new bods. :)

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like those shadow dancer legs on auction just took a major hit in price. The were worth a ton until the word got out they are now gonna be craftable. At least imo

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks like those shadow dancer legs on auction just took a major hit in price. The were worth a ton until the word got out they are now gonna be craftable. At least imo
I think you're wrong. As far as I understood they don't make the doom artifacts craftable but they will rather introduce recipes that require doom artifacts to craft a new artifact (much like the kotl recipees we got that used hat of the magi and the staff from doom). I might be wrong though since often times the devs didn't really follow up on good ideas :-/

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
either way, imo those legs lost a ton of value. the rng drop rate along with supply and demand is what made those leggings sooooo sought after. when people would do business me i was asked all the time for them and noone had them for sale. tbh i never even seen a pair while i have been on siege. now that they are going to be craftable, the fact of the matter is they are no longer going to be as hard to get as they were in the past. so like i said, the price of what they were befere compared to now should be much lower. but hay, if you want to pay out the nose for them, be my guess. who am i to tell you how to spend your money.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think they will still drop, you just can craft different arties with them. Not?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I seem to remember someone was going to craft me one of the cursed HoM craftables, I never got it..was that you ? :p

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Story of Lasher, Available in the Ultima Store this Month - keep an eye on UO.com for Lasher's release!