• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Kingdom of Dawn's 11th Anniversary Scavenger Hunt Event

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kingdom Of Dawn's
Museum of Dreams
11th Anniversary Scavenger Hunt

People gathered at the Dawn Tower in anticipation of what fun and adventure we would find awaiting us for this event.

We were welcomed by Nicholas the Old and Wildstar, Grand Duchess of Dawn.​

We were then furnished a copy of the 'Duchess' Shopping List', by Nicholas the Old, that read:

"Greetings, faithful courier!

I wish to express my deepest gratitude and my humblest thanks for your offer of assistance. Me ol' bones just don't seem to function the same as they did in my youth. You know, you youngin's should be appreciative; all your Sacred Journeys and your Moongates! Why, in my day, we had to walk uphill both ways to the Lycaeum; and through armies of invading orcs no less!

Ah, but where was I? Oh, yes! Your task!

In light of most recent events, the Grand Duchess of Dawn wishes to express her desire for 'peace' and 'goodwill' between herself and the 'noble' Lord Casca Elf-Friend. She has decided that the best way to do so would be to gather several items for a gift package that would be sent to his keep on the First of April.

Here are the things that must be gathered. They can be found throughout the Kingdom of Dawn.
  1. We need the appropriate packaging for such a splendid gift! I might have some leftover wrapping paper and gift boxes laying around my home. You are welcome to take a peek.
  2. We need an example of Sosaria's finest literature; for what man doesn't love a good joke? I have an appropriate book in mind. 'Bad Wizard Jokes', by Archimedes the Old. You might be able to find a copy in one of Dawn's many libraries.
  3. We need some delightful treats for the Elven King, so why not some of Dawn's finest Trinsic Bread or Sugar Cookies? I hear the palace bakery is throwing out some of the leftovers from the Valentine's Day Ball. Why don't you go have a look?
  4. You will need something to quench your thirst after such a hearty meal. How about some Sake from the Dragon's Breath Tavern?
  5. We need something to give that Sake an extra kick. Why not some of that 'Green Absinthe' from the Scoundrel's Hideaway?
  6. The Orc's mentioned something about 'Ilidz Fingers'; some sort of holiday snack they enjoy. I hear Master Vicious has been 'makke ilidz fengurs' in the Northern Keep. Could you see what they are talking about, and bring back some?
  7. We need something to make this gift truly ... explosive! I hear that the Merchants Order of Dawn is working on blasting a new mineshaft in the western mountains. Why don't you see what they have laying around at the Mining Headquarters?
  8. We need some reagents to really make it a blast for the knew King! How about some Blackrock? I hear that the Dark Elves have been experimenting with the substance in their hideout just southeast of the Museum. Check there and bring back what you find.
  9. We also need a costume for the deliverer. Something not too conspicuous. How about roughin'-up one of the brigands wandering Dawn and bringin' me back his clothes?
Once you're gathered everything, bring it back to me at the Dawn Town Hall. I will have an award waiting for the first four people back."

Nicholas the Old gave a few spoken hints, including we might have to look into containers. After his request we travel on foot, not using the magic of Recall to transport to the buildings, we all scattered to search the Dawn buildings the items on the Duchess' shopping list. After some time, people started to trickle back to the Dawn Tower with the items they had procured.

While we were waiting for everyone to return the tower, something very odd happened outside. A wandering healer named Dawn had spawned near the front steps!

When all had returned to the Dawn Tower, the winners were determined. Mama Faith was the only one to find all nine items on the shopping list. She was instructed to pick her prize from the items locked down beside WildStar, Grand Duchess. We then noticed that Zackarias [DWN] had mysteriously been locked down. (Not so unusual if one takes into consideration he is usually turned into a rabbit when in the presence of WildStar.)

After careful consideration, Mama Faith chose a check for 500,000 gold, promising to 'help others with it' in her typical Mama Faith style.

Next was Phoenix Of DWxC [Pax_], who picked the Serpents Fang kryss as she had been attacked by the brigands who often appear in and around the Kingdom of Dawn. In the future she will not be without a weapon to defend herself!

NANOC of DWxC [PAX_] found the heritage token to his liking when it was his turn to choose a prize.​

Rob Zombie picked the Cypress Tree, grown by Brother Antos, as his reward.​

And, Asimov [CTDM] received the 10th Anniversary Sculpture for participating in the Dawn 11th Anniversary Scavenger Hunt.

As those present prepared to leave ... some to the Dragon's Breath Tavern for role-play storytelling fun ... there were many anniversary wishes for the Kingdom of Dawn!

Thank you, WildStar and The Kingdom of Dawn, and all who assisted you in the Scavenger Hunt! It was an evening of great fun.​

Happy 11th Anniversary to Dawn, and as Nicholas the Old stated, 'may there be eleven more happy years for Dawn!'

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh How fun!! I wish I could have stayed but had another matter to tend to. Wonderfully done Wildstar!!

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What Sara forgets to mention about Asimov is that he only won because he cheated (not on purpose mind you)
he was having a bad day and wanted to join in, but when the event started he just wasnt up to it so he sat down at the table to sulk speaking of ale. Then someone mentioned that there was sake at a near by tavern! So he went there and picked up just about all the sake on the ground...which ended up being one of the items needed for the hunt!

Then everyone made fun of Asimov for DRINKING all the sake himself!

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And he (Asimov)*hic*d the night away! It's a good thing I got to the sake before he did.

I had such a blast that night and the check is still sitting in my bank waiting for people in need. Thank you all for your hard work. We all appreciated it. *curtsy*