• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) [NEWS] Interview with Joy of ELF!!!

Bryelle Vaughn

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Joy of ELF​

If you've been around RolePlaying on Pacific then you hear a limited amount of guild names. One of the most well known is ELF. A lasting part of this shard it carries with it a lush history that spans the time of Ultime Online. Its current head and leader is Joy.

A bard and Tamer by template she is both an animal lover and a fellow writer outside of the game. Many of us, in fact, know her as part of the Pacific Reporting team. A title we will come back to shortly.

Joy started playing around 2003. At the time she joined a small little guild outside of Haven and roughly six months later applied to ELF. As Joy will tell you, the requirements were much stricter then. It took two interviews and even then it was a "possible" but not a "For sure". That has since changed as ELF has adopted a more player friendly policy and lessoned it's exclusion of character types.

One of the biggest game mechanics changes to affect ELF was the introduction of the Gargoyle Race as playable. Joy defines this as both interesting and fun as it gave the Elves a new addition to interact with. Also, as new skills such as Necromancy were introduced, ELF rose to the challenge of incorporating them.

Joy prides the guild on its creativity and friendliness. Many of the things that have made this guild what it is are the bonds that have been formed over time.

As previously mentioned, Joy is also my teammate here on Pacific. A reporter for a combined total of just over 2 years she can easily be seen at all of the EM functions as well as easily reached through PM. She is approachable, friendly and welcoming. If you get a chance I suggest you look up this great Lady and ELF.

Funtony

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Joy has been both a friend and a great help to me on Pacific. I applaud her for all of the efforts she has nade towards making ELF and the entire UO Community much more interesting and fun!

Thank you Joy!!!