• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS]Interview with an Event Moderator: Vytacca Edition

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Interview with an Event Moderator: Vytacca Edition

What is your favorite Ultima Lore character? Why?
Ultima lore on its own, there are a lot of characters who were all pretty cool.
Intermingling with UO lore, maybe Jaana because in Ultima 7 she had that cute hawk
as a weapon! But in terms of overall "Ultima" lore, the Avatar has to be my
favorite, because he is me!

Do you believe you embody any particular Virtue System Virtue?
In line with the previous answer, I'd say probably not; I think many people who
carried over from the original Ultima games to UO kept the Avatar frame of mind and
would consider themselves to encompass them all.

Favorite city and why.

Hmm I think, visually, Occlo, because it reminds me of when I was new! I loved old
haven.. even though it was all re-arranged a bit from the Felucca counterpart.
Britain definitely had more appeal to me at the time but you only really miss
something after its gone. Like old Haven!

Favorite Facet and why.
Trammel! I'd say Felucca for the history aspect, but Trammel looks nicer by default
and you don't get your Easter eggs stolen from your pack. Good old Britannia, with
leaves on the trees!

What would you like to see introduced to UO?
Like to see introduced to UO? More players, to play the cheese race! Ok really, hmm
well when I started as a newbie, I noticed the lack of "Paws". That might be a fun
work-in, in-line with the progression of world fiction. Not much, but then again
I'm not that fussy about additions to the game.
Cear: I totally agree! I was really hoping that after disease wracked Yew they would make
Paws and exile all of the sick people there.

Which do you prefer, Order or Chaos?
Order. Nicer shield.

What are their favorite Character to play when they play UO on their normal time
Trammie dexer.

Their funniest UO Moment
Hmm hard to answer with any of the "good" stories without revealing anything about who I am.. but one of
the more memorable times was on a regular test shard, where I was around Brit
graveyard as a character in Fel who was perhaps slightly inappropriately named.
Anyway, after I got killed, somehow, I had got renamed to "bunny", instead of my
tough-guy name that I had before.

When is Clanins memorial going to be decorated?
Good question, soon hopefully! All donated items will be put around the memorial,
and there were quite a lot donated...

Is it possible for you to place teleporter at trammel Britain moongate to trammel Britain bank?
or is that more of a Developer issue?

More of a developer issue. We could place gates, but it would only be temporary and
they would have to have an event-related reason for existing. Hopefully people will
already have re-instated their default location as "Brit Bank" for their runebooks,
instead of Luna bank, with the new drive to get people back to Britain on Atlantic!

Who are the different characters that you play and how do they connect with each other?
Kaden Marsten and the Cheesemaker. Interaction? Not sure, though if
Kaden meets Barra, he doesn't like her.

Can we bribe you to blow up Luna? If yes, will 3000M gold suffice?
I'd do it for free!

Tomas is a well-known Elf hater. What is your opinion of the Elven kind? Do you find their ears too pointy as well?
Heresy! May Casca find Tomas and have an example made of him! On a side note, Kaden
doesn't like drow in general. So that's sort of elven. But not really.

Are you versed with the history of Atlantic? Can we expect to see any attempts to at least acknowledge, if not rejuvenate, some of the things long lost?
Hard to really answer this one, though it would be easy to say "Yes", "maybe", "not really"

If so, can you share some details?
I'd like to. The races are a good start but there tends to be a lot of players AFK. The cheese races are *near* the bank but not close enough to promote a "come back to Brit!" drive

What is your home shard, and what do you think of Atlantic's community?
No comment on the home shard, but Atlantic does have a great community with a nice
mix of RPers and PvPers thrown in. Take Clainin's memorial and the Tome of Love
events for instance; we asked players to line up and.. they did! Its great to work
with players who are so cooperative

How long in general have you played Ultima Online?
About 9ish years now. Started just after UO ren or so. Had the old T2A box at the
time, though, meaning that when I *did* get a PC with a CD drive, I was still
assuming that people could steal from you and that you only had 100 gold when you
started.

Have you ever played any of the older Ultima Games?
played them all (savage empire/Martian dreams included), with the exception of 2
and 3 which I never played properly. The first one I played was Ultima 7, which is
still my favorite.

What do you think of your job as Event Moderator. Easy? Hard? Fun to do?
Its great! Definitely an opportunity I would recommend anyone take up if they
had the chance to. I wouldn't say its hard as such but it can be demanding at
times. But its fun to get the chance to be someone who makes events rather than
attends them, for once.

Will we ever see one of you two play a darker role?
Barra is definitely a dark role. Darker? Maybe. Who knows!

Will the contract killing event that began in Tokuno pick up again?
Regularity I think is about a month. It has been a bit on-and-off, but hopefully it
will run regularly, every month.

Any insight you can give as to what the EM program will bring in the future?
More events! No, I can't really comment on this one.

H

HillBilly

Awesome, thank you Cear :thumbsup:

I can stop drunkenly bumping the other thread now :p

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey man if you still want to im down,
got a twelver right here.

Edit:
Also in the future I hope to have Kanmares responces as well. I have 50% of them. if she doesnt get back to me soon i'll just go with that.