• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Interview With An Event Moderator: Crysania

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interview With An Event Moderator: Crysania
WarderDragon

Below is the last interview with Event Moderator Crysania. The Questionaire was delivered to her before the announcement of her retirement.

I. With having spent 1 Year here, what are your impressions of Baja?

Baja is awesome. From my first day here, everyone has made me feel welcomed. From a new EM standpoint, that was a big plus factor. The Role Playing community is one of the best I've had the pleasure of experiencing. Baja is a shard that cares about each other, no matter what the style of game play is.

II. What is your favorite type of character to play?

From a EM standpoint, it has to be a character involved in mystery and discovery.
From a player standpoint, that depends on my mood of the day. Do I want to steal, kill, or craft?

III. What is your favorite type of character to RP?

From a Player standpoint, I enjoy playing a lighthearted fun character,Who can be mischievous and daring.
From a EM standpoint refer to question 4.

IV. What play styles do you engage in? PvM? PvP? RP? Factions? RPvP?

My play style goes towards PVM and RP.

V. What is the best part about being an EM?

Being able to add history to our shard through events,whether it is through events weaved into existing Shard lore, or creating new story lines for players to enjoy. When I have an event and get positive feedback as to how it was played out makes the time spent worth it all.

VI. What is your favorite event you've hosted thus far?

I enjoyed the Prophecy events and the way it interwove different aspects of the community and brought them together.
The Skara Faire Festivals are always a favorite. The Black Rock smuggling event, where everyone disguised themselves as Orc's to raid Gideons camp, was good fun as well.

VII. Your favorite historical RPC? (i.e. British. Blackthorne. Juo'Nar. Minax.)

I would have to say Dawn really. She is a warrior , fought against evil, then thrust into a role she really didn't want, but she takes it all in stride and does the best she can under the circumstances handed to her.

VIII. Your own favorite RPC?

Beh-lem is a favorite. He brought alot of controversy and interaction between the Pro-gargish and anti-Gargish communities.

IX. Do you think it has been difficult to accommodate the different needs of Baja citizens compared to what you hear EMs have to deal with on other shards? Are Baja folks more demanding in any particular way? And if so, does rising to these demands make for a more challenging and rewarding result, or is just a hassle you'd rather not deal with? (No worries, no names named, be brutally honest!)

The challenge is what makes it worthwhile. I hope the low level of grief we have, regarding our events, is because we have rose to what the players want.

X. Your Guiltiest Pleasure? (...aside from killing us.)

There is no guilt in the dealings of death! Aside from that fact, I would say interjecting little pieces of nonsense into the NPC's you speak with for clues during events. Who can forget the Moonberry cake?

XI. ...Bok?

I would say the chicken came first.

XII. Team Yattering or Team Brackus?

Team Yattering of course. He appeals to my inner mischievousness. How can you not like something that cute!​