• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

News in my life for those that care - OT

A

Ashlen

For everyone that has been in a guild with me knows that my husband has
been sick for many years now. He has end stage liver disease and we
have been working hard trying to keep him alive long enough to reach
all the goals the doctors have set for us in order to put him on the Liver
Transplant List.

We finally reached that goal today and I wanted to share that with the ones
on here that know me and have been through this journey with me.
My husband Allen was listed tonight or early in the morning at the latest, from
what our coordinator told us today. For his condition and the area we live in
we are hoping he will get a new liver within a few weeks or sooner , it is very
possible here in Florida.

I just wanted to share this with my friends that care and those of you that
could care less, just ignore it.

E

Ellie Greymist

Thank you for sharing this good news and I will pray that he get a transplant set up soon. I have only played with you in a few rare events but was a citizen of Cats for over 11 years so I knew what was going on with lots of folks in game and in rl.

Barefoot Princess (former GM of Senior Citizens of Britannia)

B

BartofCats

I would be heartless to not reply, I do hope that your husband gets a speedy fix and an even speedier recovery. Be well always!!

DarkWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not had the opportunity of meeting you in-game, however I hope the transplant comes through quickly for your husband and that everything goes well for the both of you.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hope everything works out. Let us know! :) I'll wish the best for the both of you.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My best wishes to you and your Husband. It sounds like his chances of getting a transplant are good, that is wonderful news.

D

Dixie

Good luck and best wishes! We're all rootin' for your husband!

ejpeters

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope everything works out for your husband. All of your news sounds very positive and I will be keeping both of you in my thoughts.

L

Lady Vivian

I am so thrilled to hear your news. I know it has been a long hard fight for both of you. I hope the transplant comes very soon and all goes well with the procedure. My thoughts and prayers go with you.
Love,
Abba

L

Lady Miriel

I hope everything works out for the best!

you guys are in my prayers.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I know this is the answer to one prayer for you honey. I'm so glad to hear something good for you. Please keep us posted and you know you are in my thoughts always. *hugs sweetie* Hang in there and you know where I am if you need me.

M

Moonwynd

My heart goes out to you both for your endurance in this battle. May you continue to find the Courage to go on. May you find Peace in knowing that there is now Hope for a brighter future. You will be in my prayers. Namaste.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My thoughts are with you and your husband.

I cannot hope that he receives a liver soon. To do so would mean that another person had lost their lives. I know first hand the trials a family goes through when they have a loved one on the donor list. And when and if one comes through, it is a bitter sweet thing.

I wish your husband a full recovery, and a long life surrounded by those who love him.

Piper [PGoH]

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh no. :/ I hope the doctors are able to find something to help until a donor liver is available and that all goes smoothly from there. Best wishes to you and your family through all this. :3

A

Ashlen

I want to thank everyone for their kind words of support. He is back in the hospital again (were are live most of the time)
but with an infection this time and I can deal with about anything that the liver throws at us but the infections, because that
will stop a transplant in its tracks. But we are working hard to get it under control. And we will succeed.

I do want to address what Aedon Durreah said because it is true someone does have to die in order for my husband to live.
When we were going through the UPMC in Pitts, PA they talked to us about live donor because we have 5 sons between us,
but here in Fl the live donor is not an option. We all make the decision to be donors or our family does for us when that time
comes. I do not, nor does my family hope death upon any one elses family so that he might live but that is the cycle of life and
I cant stop it any more than I could stop my husband dying if that is what happens. But I do know if I was to die right now,
I am a organ and tissue donor because I would want someone elses loved one to live from anything in my body if it was
possible at all because I would no longer be here.
It’s a gift that we can give to save others.
They say the family of the new organ carrys around the knowledge daily that they are alive because someone is not,
I would think that should make you appreciate your life and the ones of others more.
We need to be good to each other in life and in death.
Be a donor :thumbsup:

*and it wouldn’t hurt us to be good to each other in this virtual world either*

C

CatLord

My best wishes... and may Fate and the Big Boss look upon you with gentleness...

M

Micaman

I wish the best for your husband's transplant success. I will keep you both in my prayers.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to thank everyone for their kind words of support. He is back in the hospital again (were are live most of the time)
but with an infection this time and I can deal with about anything that the liver throws at us but the infections, because that
will stop a transplant in its tracks. But we are working hard to get it under control. And we will succeed.

I do want to address what Aedon Durreah said because it is true someone does have to die in order for my husband to live.
When we were going through the UPMC in Pitts, PA they talked to us about live donor because we have 5 sons between us,
but here in Fl the live donor is not an option. We all make the decision to be donors or our family does for us when that time
comes. I do not, nor does my family hope death upon any one elses family so that he might live but that is the cycle of life and
I cant stop it any more than I could stop my husband dying if that is what happens. But I do know if I was to die right now,
I am a organ and tissue donor because I would want someone elses loved one to live from anything in my body if it was
possible at all because I would no longer be here.
It’s a gift that we can give to save others.
They say the family of the new organ carrys around the knowledge daily that they are alive because someone is not,
I would think that should make you appreciate your life and the ones of others more.
We need to be good to each other in life and in death.
Be a donor :thumbsup:

*and it wouldn’t hurt us to be good to each other in this virtual world either*
*smiles*
I too am listed not only as an organ and tissue donor, but am on the national bone marrow list. It is something I feel very strongly about.

When a family member was on the list, I offered myself to be a live donor. They would not even consider the option. He died while on the list waiting. I still remain listed as a donor as I stated above, and encourage more people to sign a donor pledge.

And as I said before, I am all too familiar with what you are going through right now. I will continue to say prayers for your husband and your family. What happens beyond that is always in the hands of the almighty.

A

Ashlen

Im setting here when I should be sleeping but I cant seem to do that right now and I
cant seem to find the words to make a post on facebook for family and rl friends.

So I will start here.

I couldnt believe it when I found this thread and seen it has been 7 months since I
made it and we were told that it was going to happen. We had achieved everything
they ask, jumped through every hoop muliple times. But here I set tonite and my
family is exhausted beyond words.

We have spent the entire day at the hospital
in the ICU unit with Dr's making the decission wether or not to put my husband on
life support, to let them ventilate him. They told me there was a "reasonable possibility"
that he would recover from this round and his sons, brothers and mother wanted to take
that chance. But we were also told that he would be getting a liver and that didnt happen.

I was thankful enough that my husband could still talk and understand and I told him what
the Dr's wanted to do and ask him if that was what he wanted and he said "yes". I told him
that he may or may not wake up here with us that he may wake up with Jesus and he said
that was "fine too". So he made his choice known and was part of the decision.
I just hope if he comes through this he will have a better quality of life than he has had for
the past 6 years and the last year and half has been no life at all.

So please remember us and I want to thank all of my UO family that I keep in touch with
and that are part of my support and my sons.

*remember be an organ donor, It could save someone elses life*

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I've been in similar situations. You're in my thoughts.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Your family is most defiantly in my prayers. Never lose hope, miracles happen every day.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know you personally Ashlen, but my wife and I are going through a "similar" situation with my father-in-law who is battling lung, brain and liver cancer. The emotional roller coaster people must ride while dealing with such serious health care issues is unfortunate. I hope all works out soon and that you and your families patience and persistence is rewarded.

Hang in there!

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sends more positive thoughts your way*

As always your situation is in our minds my friend.

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do hope that your husband recovers and gets the transplant he needs...

Organ Donors do save lifes , but sometimes sadly if the organs cannot be look into another option that helps people also, donate your skin and eyes to people besides your organ..

S

Shotgun

email me if you wanna talk. i hope Allen makes it through and that they finally put him on the list. Tell all the family i said hello.

A

Ashlen

My husbands struggles are over
he will not hurt anymore or suffer one more day.

Allen died tonite at 10:43pm @
Shands of UF in Gainesville

My husband started playing UO in beta
he loved this game he was known by many
as Lord Alzartar. My son now plays with his
characters. But my Lord Alzartar is walking
on streets of gold tonite and hurting no more.

I thank you all.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*gives her a great big hug*

Those golden streets couldn't be graced by a finer man who was always supported by such a wonderful woman.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
:( I am very sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Satria, my dear friend, I'm so sorry to hear of Allen's passing. I know how hard you fought with him and for him. I know the struggle it was all these months and all that you've been through. You should take great comfort in knowing that you did everything you could to help him. No one could have been more loving. Even when you were exhausted to the bone. Now it's time for both of you to rest. I think it's your turn to lean on others for a bit now.

You know where I am and how to get in touch with me. Know that I love you and I'm thinking of you and the boys. *Gently hugs Satria* Let me know if you need me.

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Truly very sorry for your and your families loss

S

Shotgun

im so sorry to hear about Allen. i know it has been a struggle for you all but at least now no one has to struggle anymore, and you can take a much needed rest, physically and mentally. i will be thinking of you and your family and ill be around if you need anything hun.

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So very sorry for your loss sweet lady. You and your family will be in my prayers.

I am so glad you have the comfort of knowing he IS in a better place with no pain and you will see him again.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My heart goes out to you and your family. Reflect on the good times you had spent with him, and try to smile during these hard days ahead. You and your family will be in my prayers too.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My condolences to you, your son, and the rest of your family for your loss.

C

CatLord

May you recover your strength...
May he rest in peace...

At the end of the road we will all meet... so this is not a goodbye, it is a cya in a while...

Tonight i'll send out a prayer for mr. Allen and for the renewal of your energy...

Saudade... is a typical portuguese feeling that will be your shadow and mantle... may it remind you of the shinning days...

One Circle... of Friendship.

Pitr.