• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Hunting The Past

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hunting The Past
By EMPallando

You hurry past the west bank, an urgent errand consuming your thoughts, and almost do not notice the town crier busying himself at the bank door. You are torn for only a moment before your curiosity, and that of a few others, draws you to huddle around the long, smoothly written parchment newly tacked up for the masses.

Hail friends and fellow citizens,

After some deliberation, it is the will of the people and in turn is my will as well, that as Queen, I declare the former Lord Emissary, Trubo Saius, a criminal and fugitive wanted for questioning by the Crown, suspect to the murder of a castle servant and assassination of the late Captain of the Guard, Aino Nystad.

Members of the Royal Protectorate as well as the entirety of the Town Guard will be placed on high alert until further notice, and are ordered to report any sightings, suspicious acitivity, or new information immediately to their superior officer. Citizens venturing outside the cities are advised to report any sightings as well, and to not pursue the fugitive on your own, as he is considered dangerous and possibly deranged.

My friends, please accept all of my assurances that Trubo Saius will be found. Orders are to bring Saius in alive, if possible, for trial and questioning. I humbly ask the same of my allies and enemies outside of the cities to please show the same restraint. Any citizens or soldiers of measurable might that wish to aid in the investigation may speak to Sergeant Raynier of the Royal Guard inside Castle Blackthorn. Should you discover any information, please dispatch a messenger directly to me, Queen Dawn, as soon as possible.

Your eyes finished with the notice, you are hardly able to consider it before you notice a second, though much smaller, parchment tacked next to larger one.

By the highest authority, the now missing former merchant and Trade Councillor Lord Gideon, is wanted by the crown on charges of bribery, extortion, conspiracy, tax evasion, petty theft, theft of a trading vessel, kidnapping, robbery of the local guild (reported by authorities in Vesper), two counts of assault on a Royal Guard, and one possible count of murder against a dock worker.

Citizens are hereby warned that Gideon is a known and accomplished fencer and swindler , and has been sighted in the company of his supporters and several bodyguard. All of his assets have been repossessed and accounts frozen by the Crown until such time as he can be captured. Any citizen with information pertaining to the whereabouts of Gideon or if you have seen him, please inform the authorities as soon as possible.

(This is an ongoing event ending next Monday, Oct. 12th. E-mail your reports to Seppo and myself. Be advised that IF Trubo’s hideout is discovered, the final confrontation will NOT be taking place unless enough players confirm and report the location, or at the very least, their best guesses. Any issues with the event (oracles, etc) should be e-mailed to Seppo and Pallando ASAP)

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So how far has anyone gotten on this?

I'll give it a crack tonight if I'm not too busy.

EDIT: Part of this quest goes to Fel. Due to factions, there is NO GUARD ZONE in these areas. But it's pretty quiet around here anyways, shouldn't be a big deal.

EDIT2: Going to have to take a break for now, but I believe I'm pretty close!

EDIT3: The last area was kinda dangerous, so I had to copy down the clues and I left it. I could use some help though, the clues require some intense Google-ing or someone who's familiar with UO lore/geography.

P

phoenix11

Here's A hint it's the name of trubo's masters master.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got that part, but the rest of it doesn't make any sense to me.

P

phoenix11

All they asked for is the location of his hideout, I really doubt without em powers you can make the spirit of his master appear so he will.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about the "****** of the *****s that guard it" part?

P

phoenix11

The last clue I found was the book trubo gave Zephera, When her time comes and the spirit of the master (Blackthorn) will come for her. Then she will see trubo in exodus dungeon. Thats if I read that cryptic text right.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow! You guys are talking about books and finding people I haven't even gotten close to. Last night when I should've been going to bed, I got as far as the spellweaver in Moonglow. I was able to get her to spew a bit but most of it seemed like useless information. It's time to brush up on keywords, apparently. I'm not giving up because these always intrigue me.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last clue I found was the book trubo gave Zephera, When her time comes and the spirit of the master (Blackthorn) will come for her. Then she will see trubo in exodus dungeon. Thats if I read that cryptic text right.
Yea, I got that too, because Zephera wasn't being very talkative. I wrote down the entire text from the book, but I don't think the answer is simply Blackthorn's Castle. That seems an unlikely place for him to show up at anyways, since that is already the scene of a crime and is under heavy investigation.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow! You guys are talking about books and finding people I haven't even gotten close to. Last night when I should've been going to bed, I got as far as the spellweaver in Moonglow. I was able to get her to spew a bit but most of it seemed like useless information. It's time to brush up on keywords, apparently. I'm not giving up because these always intrigue me.
I was having trouble with the keywords myself, and I figured out a different way to do it:

Either type back the entire sentence back to them (sometimes you will have to omit key words that will get the person to say something else) or you can use the last word in the sentence which is followed by a ".." to get a further response.

So if they say, "I went to the store yesterday..", you can either try repeating the whole sentence to them, or just putting in "yesterday..".

It's a LOT easier than trying to guess what the keyword is, haha.

P

phoenix11

She will tell you that trubo went to visit the other disciples and the book tell's you where he will be once he's done, Try typing in "Left this". Hope that helps. Im sure you figured out Trubo, Please, is the lead in for the next little chat, didnt really pay attention to the rest of the words just have to pick them out.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure not giving up on this. These NPC's may be stubborn but they've met their match. *grin*

SK, I've been typing back the responses I've been getting from the NPC's also. Sometimes, this works and it's just enough to keep me going. Other times, I've spent 10 mins. trying every word imaginable (yes, even some colorful metaphors :cursing:). I've even threatened to "choke", "kick", "smack" and "maim" them to no avail. :twak: It may not get a reply but for some reason, I feel better afterwards. :p

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried "strangle" myself a few times.

I'll admit it got frustrating sometimes, and I went off in search of the next clue before coming back and trying something else out.

At the very least, I didn't need "help" from someone this time haha.

An EM helped me one time using a character named "A Bar Wench". =]

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Phoenix11!

I think you're absolutely right about the final location. It has the simple ********ery, the ****** slaves, and there's a ****** of *****s that guard it.

Time to write an email. =]

EDIT: The post said that Trubo will only show up IF enough people email the correct location. I hope the fine folks of Baja get in on this; it'd be a shame to miss out.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whoo hoo! I figured it out and sent my email as to Trubo's location. It was touch and go while talking to Zephera but I managed to hold off the undead while we held our convo. :thumbup: I hope more people do this because I would love to see the culmination of this storyline. It's been interesting, to say the least.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The October 12th deadline for the "Hunting The Past" has now passed. Does anyone know when we will find out whether enough people did the investigation on Trubo's location? I'm so curious as to whether the "final confrontation" will happen and I hope it will. I'm itching for a good battle that entails my multiple deaths.