• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Holiday Hunts, Carols and Death

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Baja, we have somewhat of a family dynamic. We laugh, we cry, everyone knows everyone, sometimes we squabble (especially over presents!) and inevitably someone shows up drunk and embarrasses everyone. But then this wonderful thing happens and we're gathered up from all of our busy corners of Baja to share in drinks, good company, and the holiday spirit. The seasons of yuletide bring peace and joy to our little corner of Britannia.

EM Crysania brought folks together at the Skaran Fairegrounds for an evening of scavenger hunts, caroling and last-man-standing.

At first, the holiday scavenger hunt got off to a bit of a bumpy start, no thanks to some grinch who took all the clue books. Still, the little Baja-Whos picked up and took the clues from Crysania manually in order to finish the hunt, anyway!

Next up was caroling. The singing began with a recitation by Grand Duchess WildStar of Dawn of a historically significant "'Twas the Night Before Christmas", in true Dawn tradition.

Next, shy Peter Tarrant timidly approached the stage, but picked up his courage to belt out, "You're a Mean One, Yat-ter-ing!"

The Golden Knights shared a rendition of what their EM gave to them, in the "Twelve Days of Christmas". Golden Rings? No, Golden Knights, I said.

Navigator came on stage perhaps carrying with her the odor of cookies recently given to the mutant elf, because her song was entitled, "Rudolph the Red-Skinned Mutant".

Stratos followed with his rendition of "O Beautiful Star of Bedlam"

At one parental-guidance-suggested moment during the Caroling, Fern Goodfellow (who up to this point had been wearing a decidedly demure, not-like-Fern-at-all red robe) dropped her layers to sing a private holiday song just for EM Seppo....

Seppo, baby, slip a rare pelt under the tree
For me.
Been an awful good girl, Seppo baby,
So hurry down the chimney tonight.

Seppo, baby, a diamond-collared unicorn, too —
Light blue!
I'll wait up for thee, dear Seppo baby
So hurry down my chimney tonight. (*winks*)

Think of all the fun I've missed.
Think of all the Dread Lords that I haven't kissed.
Next year I could be oh soooooooooooo good
If thou'd just check my Yuletide list!

(Boo-boo-be-do)

Seppo, honey, want Minoc and well, really that's -- not a lot
Been an angel all year, Seppo baby.
So hurry down my chimney tonight.

Seppo, honey, there's one thing that I really do need — the deed
To a Castle all mine, Seppo baby,
So hurry down my chimney tonight.

Come and trim my Yuletide tree
With gems and gold and every fabulosity.
I really do believe in thee.
Let's see if thou believes in me (*blows kiss*)

Seppo, baby, forgot to mention one little thing — a ring
Blessed, of course, all my own, Seppo baby
So hurry down the chimney tonight.
Of course, what holiday EM gathering would be complete without a last-man-standing competition with mobs who escape from their cages and massacre the spectators?

Eventually, the spawns were restrained and several impressive feats of survival skills were displayed, including an especially long one by Cebo.

A great evening of holiday revelry... Thanks, Crysania!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Fern Goodfellow is MY HERO!!!

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nobody won the scavenger hunt then?

I alas was one who didn't get a book but helped some new guy 99% complete his.

and gave a stocking full of seeds...wups. That's one way to clean up a chest.

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nobody won the scavenger hunt then?
Proserpina and James were the winners of the scavenger hunt (congratulations!). The announcement was delayed until Crysania could thoroughly sort out the winner.