• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Gravewater Shores/UG.K Memorial Bookcase

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A new section was added this evening to the Dawn Royal Library and Outpost in Malas: The Gravewater Shores/UG.K Memorial Bookcase.

The Underground Knights [UG.K] is a community-oriented guild, whose player-run city, Gravewater Shores, once took up the entire western coastline of Gravewater Lake. It was a massive city, rivaling even the Kingdom of Dawn and New Grimswind in size and scope. Buildings from the original town can still be found dotting the coastline.

The Memorial Bookcase is made up of books and items that were discovered in a crumbling building by Sara [SI]. They were eventually passed on to Grand Duchess Wildstar [DWN], who chose to put these pieces on display in memorial of the player-run town and its inhabitants.

The Dawn Library and Outpost can be found on the western road just outside of the City of Umbra. It is the first building west of Lord & Lady Courages Museum. Go take a look.

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A friend of mine, a renowned Scribbler, once wrote a marvelous History of Gravewater Shores for U.G.K..

Perhaps a copy survived the destruction.

I remember well the Grand Opening, tour and Events at Gravewater.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And thank you Sara[SI] and Duchess WildStar for saving and sharing a part of Baja's history!

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Baja is so fortunate to have some of the best reporters and historians anywhere. There's nothing like sitting with a good strong cup of coffee in the morning while reading the articles on this forum. Thank you for all the time and effort put into these threads. :thumbsup:

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I owned the bank for them for about a year. It was an honor to be a part of the great big city. Arlon and I had one of the first larger houses along the water/void, neither was more than a few steps from our home. Having UGK as neighbors was awesome! They are a great bunch and always so considerate. I'll have to come by and see this memorial soon.

S

Sara (SI)

Thank you so much to Wildstar for putting these items in a public museum for all to come see. :thumbup:

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you so much to Wildstar for putting these items in a public museum for all to come see. :thumbup:
Thank you, Sara [SI], for realizing the historic signifigance of the UGK items, and thank you, WildStar [DWN], for memorializing them.

Sara [TAO]

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, Sara [SI], for realizing the historic signifigance of the UGK items, and thank you, WildStar [DWN], for memorializing them.

Sara [TAO]
*Eyes zip back and forth at all the Sara's*

Thank the gods there be only one Elladan ... and all of Baja say AMEN! hehe

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is also Sara [PvM] ... It's a lot of fun when the three of us show up in one area. :D
"One pretty woman means fun at the dance. Two pretty women mean trouble in the house. Three pretty women mean run for the hills."
- Matrim Cauthon, The Dragon Reborn.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Baja is so fortunate to have some of the best reporters and historians anywhere.
Aye, indeed. That is why this shard continues to tug at my heartstrings, no matter how far away I roam. It is a very special place.

TazzUGK

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for all the kind words about my old city. It was a ton of fun setting up these houses for everyone to check out and the Grand Opening was an absolute blast.

We actually ended up having guild jobs for folks just to work on the city. Lots of trust was involved with co owning members to decorate the houses and such.

I think there are some of the houses still around to check out. Brings back memories :)

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To my knowledge, the Dinner Theater, the Main Hall, and the Lighthouse still stand.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
DamagePlan, a former member of UG.K, donated a deed for character statue of Generic, another member of UG.K. It can now be seen in the Memorial Bookcase.

Thank you DamagePlan.

WildStar

Xelious Norwood

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is Damageplan still playing on Baja? I have been trying to get ahold of him but his ICQ must not be in use anymore.

TazzUGK

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll take a look and see if Damage is still around I actually reactivated one of my accounts last night and started goofing around. I will check the guild roster tonight.