• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]Gaining The Sample (a recap from last nights adventure)

• Thread starter Salya Sin
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Salya Sin

Greetings fellow Britannians.

Maya's call for aid last evening was both a success and a tragedy, as 35-40 of our finest citizens met some rather heinous mutations in an attempt to gather samples for testing at the Ter Mur lab. My arrival at the designated meeting place showed a large gathering of eager warriors who met Maya Demeter, the royal naturalist whom warned, "There may be many deaths." The royal rangers were said to have corralled a group of chicks from our recent mutated turkeys, suffering casualties by way of an undisclosed number of bakers who made the unfortunate mistake of crossing paths with the wayward fowl. After a brief speech in preparation, Lady Maya opened a portal and the good citizens of Britannia eagerly went through, finding themselves on the outskirts of the Hedge Maze south of Britain.

The maze itself presented no problems as most either teleported their way to it's center, or took the scenic route, taking out the occasional Imps and Demons who got in their way. The true targets consisted of an unknown number of turkeys in paragon form, typically titled "A Noxious Gobbler" and "A Mutated Giblet." Though I did see one variation of this, something about not being Thanksgiving dinner. Desiccrated Corpses and other foul creatures stood to hinder any progress in culling the turkeys as not only did our good citizens need to be mindful of the horrendous chain lightning raining down upon them from the mutants, but also the usual fare found within the maze.

Shortly upon arrival, the turkeys, some who appeared in the same oily blackness of Ter Murs invading Void creatures, were joined by a new attacker. As Lady Maya rushed, breathless to inform me, "The creatures have found their evil lot!" And it indeed appeared to be the case, with what we can only assume as the creators of this mutation materialized. These Mad Scientists, again, the number unknown, made an already difficult task appear impossible. The ground beneath our feet quickly became littered with the bodies of the fallen. Some from the enemy, most of them, our friends.

After an hour long battle, spanning most of the northeast side of the maze, the Mad Scientists and their progeny were dispatched to whatever hell they spawned from. The remaining citizens stood in a circle, weary and blood stained, praying they had accomplished their goal. Most had found nothing at all on any of the mutated bodies but Lady maya quickly ascertained, we had indeed gained our samples. The few who had been diligent in searching the foul creatures remains managed to gather not only a sample of blood from the turkeys and a pile of strange purple tail feathers but also, a few of the pies the poor bakers lost. A ring was also found by the warrior Tathian, most likely belonging to one of the earlier victims and there is rumor of a halberd of some titled property.

Lady Maya expressed appreciation to all who had come to aid in this appalling endeavor and voiced her concerns over the arrival of the Mad Scientists who, in her eyes, were clearly attempting to thwart any plans of getting that blood sample. With all that had happened this night, what would it mean for Britannia? What is the connection to Ter Mur? And more importantly, who is responsible?

As the warriors moved off to heal and reflect, I caught up with Lady Maya, who obligingly answered a few questions concerning the outcome of this great battle and it's meaning to all of us here in Britannia.

Salya Sin-- First- do you foresee this as an attack against Britannia? Or a fallout from our aid to Ter Mur?

Lady Maya-- It still remains unclear. It is possible something came back from one of the artifacts brought home.

Salya Sin-- Ahhh... so although related... it is not a direct hit.

Lady Maya-- I don't believe so.

Salya Sin-- And do you know how soon the two samples can be prepared and the information released?

Lady Maya-- We are hoping very soon.

Salya Sin-- 1Any idea who the scientists were? 2 Where they came from?

Lady Maya-- 1The scientists showing up today, that means they didn't want us to get those samples. They themselves seemed infected in some way. 2 Not as of yet. But with these samples obtained and looking over the mad scientist, me may be closer to an answer.

Salya Sin-- So there may still be an unknown assailant?

Lady Maya-- It is possible. I don't like to think about it but perhaps someone is trying to ruin the relations we have with the Gargoyles.

Lady Maya-- Aye and so far with few exceptions, the gargoyles have been nothing but kind.

Salya Sin-- Indeed. Perhaps we know of one who stands to gain with us out of the way. He does indeed dislike us.

Lady Maya-- Yes, Gorn is a.... concern.

Salya Sin-- Is there anything specific you would like Britannia to know at this time?

Lady Maya-- To be vigilant, do not give in to the ways of hate. Let science figure out this solution.

Best gaming wishes,
Salya Sin

S

Salya Sin

One thing I wanted to add, but didn't think it fit into the story.

The pumpkin pie is special... in that if you lock it down in your house and then double click it... it gives plus 10 to cooking (per a player in Luna after the event). I have no idea how long that lasts... but Maya said it worked like the basket. Sooo... there you have it. A nice mod for cooking.

Thanks to our much loved EM's for this event! It was fun! And that pie loot is a nice addition for those with the cooking skill!

-Sin

S

SpaceYourFace

The event last night was fun. I died a few times because I was trying to play and watch Bubba Ho Tep at the same time. I managed to get a pie and some of the blood. Its the first time ive ever got an event drop besides the robes from the shadow lords and the halloween stuff. I know I rezed you at least 2 times last night Sayla. Actually I think I spent more time rezzin people than fighting stuff.

I was curious if anyone knows how many of each item dropped last night. I know a couple people told me that they got pies. I know its suppos to give you a cooking bonus if you double click it but im still scared it might screw up and ill eat it instead. I had that happen one time with a rare food item that I bought . It was the most expensive food ive ever ate.

F

five oclock

Due to work I had to miss this. Also miss hanging out on brit bank roof...

It does sound like a TON of fun!!! I DO hope I can make the next one..when will that be? :D

D

Drazasamus

thanks for the post salya, my internet went out at 630pm and didn't come back on till 8:45 pm... so i missed the entire thing... boo

S

Salya Sin

The event last night was fun. I died a few times because I was trying to play and watch Bubba Ho Tep at the same time. I managed to get a pie and some of the blood. Its the first time ive ever got an event drop besides the robes from the shadow lords and the halloween stuff. I know I rezed you at least 2 times last night Sayla. Actually I think I spent more time rezzin people than fighting stuff.

I was curious if anyone knows how many of each item dropped last night. I know a couple people told me that they got pies. I know its suppos to give you a cooking bonus if you double click it but im still scared it might screw up and ill eat it instead. I had that happen one time with a rare food item that I bought . It was the most expensive food ive ever ate.
OH gosh... I wouldn't doubt it! I seriously lost around 500k last night from item insurance. I barely participated... I was trying to get a screenshot of the overwhelming chain lightning... and well... as you can tell from the lack of a single picture... I kept dying before I could get close enough... then someone would lovingly rez me... and I would immediately be dead again. It was sad... I'm thinking I need to chose a master here... participate and let the screenshot program run on auto... or just report and stay alive... Hmm... it will take me some time to learn how to multi-task doing both.

As to the pie... I saw about 3 or 4 people claim to have one. And Lady Maya herself said to lock it down in your house, then click it. She said it works just like the basket... I assume this means the Herb Basket...

UOGuide says...

Basket of Herbs
Fill your home with the fresh scent of spring with this wonderful assortment of herbs. When shaken, your guests will notice a gentle scent spread through your home, but they’re in for an even better treat should you decide to cook for them! After the basket is used, the homeowner receives a temporary enhancement to their cooking skills while they remain in their home.
  • Gives a 10% increase to the Cooking skill, when used by a character whose account owns the home (does not allow you to exceed 100 cooking skill)
  • This temporary increase lasts until the player leaves their home

So yeah... has anyone tried it?

F

five oclock

OH gosh... I wouldn't doubt it! I seriously lost around 500k last night from item insurance. I barely participated... I was trying to get a screenshot of the overwhelming chain lightning... and well... as you can tell from the lack of a single picture... I kept dying before I could get close enough... then someone would lovingly rez me... and I would immediately be dead again. It was sad... I'm thinking I need to chose a master here... participate and let the screenshot program run on auto... or just report and stay alive... Hmm... it will take me some time to learn how to multi-task doing both.

If ya not dieing..ya not really playing :D

Great story :D