• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS]Fire Ruby Located!

N

Nh'bdy

A precious few nights ago the Royal Britannian Guard made for Ter Mur's Royal City hot on tips in reference to a Cult of the Promise and on the tail of the fiends An Ort-Lem and Nicholai!! The Crowd was on edge, expecting trouble! Queen Zhah's mood was almost undoubtedly a response to her own people's lack of control!

She delivered the following dialogue.
[graciously provided by EM Eris.]

Queen Zhah said:
Heroes and members of Royal Britannian Guard.
A gargoyle noble took the Fire Ruby from Castle Britannia
To have trusted An Ort-Lem has caused scandal.
The Fire Ruby must be returned to Queen Dawn.
To desire peace with People of Britannia is not enough.
In times of trouble, Ter Mur must help the Royal Britannian Guard.
You grow tired of words and Queen Zhan know you are ready to fight.
My warriors have searched all of Ter Mur and the Abyss.
Many of my Warriors have died in attempts to confront An Ort-Lem.
By uniting together we can do what cannot be done by my people alone.
There is only one sign of An Ort-Lem and the Fire Ruby.
Magical red fires blaze in the skies over the northern desert.
Go to Northern desert and seize the Fire Ruby from the traitor!
After tromping about the sands for some time some of us were promptly pulled into a sparkling tornado and punched square in the head. Adding another odd foe to the growing list of things that have tried to kill the Royal Britannian Guard!

One we were all done dieing and screaming we noted Nicholai standing on a large tower with a vaguely familiar gem! And by vaguely I mean it was the Fire Ruby in an unstable state, being guarded by curious gargish barriers, more than certainly placed by An Ort-Lem! That Winged Rogue!

With covetous eyes Nicholai did speak to us.
[Ditto]

Nicholai The Magus said:
*Claps his hands together, clearly unimpressed*
Back away now peasants!
The Chaos Vortices were proving to be an obstacle.
Now that they are dispelled I will take my prize.
*looks deeply into the burning facets of the Fire Ruby.*
The Fire Ruby is mine alone, I share it's power with no one.
*wraps his fingers around the Fire Ruby with a greedy smile crossing his face.*
The Gem of Immortality will be restored and with it the Promise will come to pass.
An Ort-Lem thought he could keep me from the Fire Ruby with his weak magic.
*laughs*
Enough! I have important work in my laboratory
After pushing past us Nicholai took hold of the the gem, leaving behind only an illusionist's clone of the gem before disappearing with a dramatic "Kal Ort Por"

Post collecting the wounded the RBG was left to wander, what would Nicholai and his Cult of the Promise's next move be?

N

Nh'bdy

A big thanks to Lord Sun Wolf of Yew who defended me from an insult tossed by Nicholai, and to the person who gave me a rez who's name escapes me.:thumbup1: