• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] EM Seppo Announces Weekend Events

C

Cymidei Fier

From the Golden Brew Website

Weekend event announcements
Friday, July 17, 2009
By EMSeppo

1) Race against time!

As Lord Casca builds a case of high treason against the erstwhile captain, figure out a way to rescue Aino… or witness her execution!

This event will also count as a task given by the thief master – say “task” to the thief-master!

Remember, to turn in a summary of the event at end of a thief-master task using the feedback option to gain notoriety points. Please state your character name in the feedback. If you are not certain what character name you used in a previous thief-master event, then refer to the book next to him.

Lady Nystad’s fate now rests squarely on your shoulders. Do not assume for a moment that Lord Casca will even hesitate to decapitate her pretty head!

(Notes:

Although, it is not possible for you finish the quest now – you can definitely start already – but don’t forget to revisit any clues you find as they might have additional information when everything is setup.

The quest will require you to visit both Trammel and Felucca facets)

Start Date: Saturday, 18th
Start Time: 3:00 PM PST
End Date: Friday 23rd
End Time: 10:00 PM PST

2) Revenge is sweet!

Watch out for more mercenary activity as the mercenary commander seeks to extract revenge for earlier losses and Lord Casca continues to utilize them as distractions

Start Date: Saturday, 18th
Start Time: 3:00 PM PST

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This looks like two separate events; and I'm guessing they have nothing to do with each other?

Y

Yalp

too bad the numbnuts on the fel side spend more time killing peeps who come to help them than working together against the spawn. Ok.. live and learn... don't let anyone ever be fooled again by these dumb a$$e$. they spend all their time with a trail of spawn behind them as they focus on blues who come to help them..

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yalp, the reason why the PKs were PKing people during avalon is because Seppo changed Proxy into the merc captain so ANY pet or EV attacked it, made it go full health, and I can vouch for them that they did in fact try to tell people to stop using their pets and summons but they didnt and they were asking for a while. I was actually thinking of it myself till a mass amount of people started dying around me from the PKs. Not a single PK even touched me cause I wasnt casting EVs

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was rather disconcerting. Since I know a lot of reds and enjoy their company immensely, I also went over to Fel to help with the spawn since I was asked to come and a red decided I was more fun to attack than the numerous beasts running around. I guess the enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend? *big smile* I hightailed it outta there and figure "lesson learned". :wall: Fel is still Fel and I took a chance going over there so I guess I can't really blame a red for acting out his RP'ing nature.

P.S. I just read Ceno's post and I didn't even try to cast an EV. This player was just out for blood. Once again, that's his right since he is a red, after all.

Y

Yalp

Yalp, the reason why the PKs were PKing people during avalon is because Seppo changed Proxy into the merc captain so ANY pet or EV attacked it, made it go full health, and I can vouch for them that they did in fact try to tell people to stop using their pets and summons but they didnt and they were asking for a while. I was actually thinking of it myself till a mass amount of people started dying around me from the PKs. Not a single PK even touched me cause I wasnt casting EVs
sorry to burst your "fel is wonderful" bubble Ceno.. I went w/o any pets, as a pure mage and not only did the red that killed me have 5 spawn following him around which he promptly ignored so as to kill me, he then rez killed me, as well as another member of his "illustrious" pk guild...

please.. I know you wanna document the fel side of things.. but please stop writing like the fel side of the game is just as community based as tram! They prey on the weak, they take advantage of people who come to help them, and then they use the argument "you aren't being fair to us reds" to get on the boards and complain that fel is treated like and ugly step child.

If you are stupid enough to go to fel, not being a full on cheating hacking uber gear/template toon.. you will get ganked... period end of story.

Y

Yalp

Fel is still Fel and I took a chance going over there so I guess I can't really blame a red for acting out his RP'ing nature.
Yeah I blame myself for knowing better and thinking all sides of our shard are about community and helping each other out.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I blame myself for knowing better and thinking all sides of our shard are about community and helping each other out.
Yeah. I thought I was helping too, Yalp but was quickly shown that I wasn't wanted. I was just fortunate to have gotten out of there before this doctor of death nailed my hide.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In response to all...

This was in Fel, the community there is different then Tram. Cartel wanted the Spawn to themselves and SI came and wanted to do whatever Si wanted to do (I'm in the middle here so don't take anything I say personal gang). It came down to The Reds doing what reds do first. And Cartel is known for Protecting their island. I know there is a huge deal going on between SI and Cartel, but honestly, it's fel and if you don't feel welcome then do as others did and leave. I was killed too upon arrival and left until I got reporter status confirmed and not even that was a guarntee I stayed alive lol. I had to watch my every step and even which house I was too close too. Its fel. I don't live there but eh, thats their way

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In response to all...

This was in Fel, the community there is different then Tram. Cartel wanted the Spawn to themselves and SI came and wanted to do whatever Si wanted to do (I'm in the middle here so don't take anything I say personal gang). It came down to The Reds doing what reds do first. And Cartel is known for Protecting their island. I know there is a huge deal going on between SI and Cartel, but honestly, it's fel and if you don't feel welcome then do as others did and leave. I was killed too upon arrival and left until I got reporter status confirmed and not even that was a guarntee I stayed alive lol. I had to watch my every step and even which house I was too close too. Its fel. I don't live there but eh, thats their way
*nods in total agreement* And I still like a lot of reds I happen to know. My opinion will not change on that.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Y'all know what else?

This isn't just SI. We made a deal with Duchess Wildstar during the first event. We upheld our end of the bargain by not attacking any blues.

But then one of our guys was attacked first by blues. Mistakes happen, sure, but it soon became a 3 on 1 with blues chasing our guy down.

After the dust settles, we get trash talked too.

So we came to a decision. We've done our part for the community, and with all due respect to Duchess Wildstar, we simply cannot participate in those types of agreements anymore.

People like yourselves take advantage of us; look at your own comments?
What have we said about any of you? Several of your comments are worthy of being banned/deleted by UO mods.

I can understand your anger at dying; I truly can. But if y'all had been more civil to begin with, this wouldn't have happened. We cannot keep simply bending over backwards to help people out when it's us in the end that gets trash talked and ganked. I have spent a lot of political capital with my own guild to ensure that we abide by and encourage these events; after the previous outing, that capital is spent and I can no longer protect y'all from what some of you truly deserve.

And to be honest and fair; it was declared well in advance that the Cartel will protect its own island.

EDIT: I have been notified that my post digs up a lot of things that should have been left buried. I apologize for my inaccuracies and will point out that our disagreements are with SI alone. We don't have a problem nor do we wish for one from the larger Baja community.

Sorry about that folks. Sometimes I get a bit trigger happy. =[

VERAL

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry Mama Faith!!! It is the first thing I want to say. Next this is our island and our spawn, We did not need nor ask for help. We thank you for coming, but your timing at coming was not good. With si pushing our island and us fighting them. Any blue that came in was fair game by my order! I am sorry it had to come to this, But we had no other choice. I apologize for anyone who had the feelings hurt at the event. I warn you all once again though any spawn on our island is off limits. We have some people on this shard who want everything to keep as there own. I will not and can not allow this.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I fully understand what you guys are saying. When we were asked to help, we thought it was a consensus and personally, I didn't know about the bad blood going on. As I said in my previous posts, Fel is Fel and that's just the way it is. No apology is necessary and if help ever is needed (could I get that in writing? *grin), I will return.

P.S. Who says that the "protection" spell is bad? If not for that, I would've been dead meat. hehehe

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*makes note*

Get reporter pass done BEFORE events start!! LOL

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mama Faith,

You know we love you. =]

But I do have to wonder, who was it that asked y'all to help? I think the blame should be placed squarely on them; I don't believe the Cartel ever asked for help on our island, and we let people know well in advance to avoid it.

I believe a lot of you were set up in an coordinated effort to grief the Cartel. Perhaps you should be more wary of them in the future.

VERAL

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I fully understand what you guys are saying. When we were asked to help, we thought it was a consensus and personally, I didn't know about the bad blood going on. As I said in my previous posts, Fel is Fel and that's just the way it is. No apology is necessary and if help ever is needed (could I get that in writing? *grin), I will return.

P.S. Who says that the "protection" spell is bad? If not for that, I would've been dead meat. hehehe
Yeah SI the guild lured all the blues into a trap. I am sorry like I said to any blue that got there feelings hurt. We as a guild have been very vocal about protecting our island on our own. Next spawn Mama as long as I am on you will be my personal guest.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*smiles at SuperKen and Veral* I have no idea what the motive was and honestly, if I'd known you guys didn't want us there, I would've honored your wishes. As far as I'm concerned, it's all in the past my dear red friends. No harm, no foul.

And as for you young lady, Ori! *hands her a notepad, pen and "press" hat so she can remain alive in Fel*

G

Give'R The Onion

Selling the sash from EFL island (horseshoe island) !!! pm me with offers.
C'mon Master Splinter, surely even you need to take the high road at some point. Your interest in selling the Sash is anything but commendable. Instead, maybe you could just lock it down in your museum for all to see. After all, that is where you put the other one, no?

No matter what decision you make, we will support your efforts in becoming a rewards enthusiast and look forward to seeing you at all of the events we take part in.

Good day!
Onion of Cartel

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
C'mon Master Splinter, surely even you need to take the high road at some point. Your interest in selling the Sash is anything but commendable. Instead, maybe you could just lock it down in your museum for all to see. After all, that is where you put the other one, no?

No matter what decision you make, we will support your efforts in becoming a rewards enthusiast and look forward to seeing you at all of the events we take part in.

Good day!
Onion of Cartel
Just figured i would give cartel a chance to buy it, guess i will just lock it down in my musuem like the other one.

VERAL

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just figured i would give cartel a chance to buy it, guess i will just lock it down in my musuem like the other one.
I really like this guy regardless of teh fact he is in si. He thinks coming in here and claiming he has the sash is funny. :loser::loser::loser::loser:

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm very confused here ... the Travesty-type spawn on Horseshoe Island poofed before it was killed, and it is my understanding that without a monster corpse to loot there could be no sash or other rewards.

G

Give'R The Onion

I'm very confused here ... the Travesty-type spawn on Horseshoe Island poofed before it was killed, and it is my understanding that without a monster corpse to loot there could be no sash or other rewards.
Oh Splinter, Raphael and his shell backed buddies would not approve of the dishonorable way of the ninja you have portrayed.

This may come as a shock to some, however we were already perfectly aware that there was no sash. A few strategically placed posts was sure to bring out the true character of our foe.

Hook, Line, and Splinter.

To quote the infamous Hannibal:
"I love when a plan comes together"

S

SiCoFWhInErS

But I do have to wonder, who was it that asked y'all to help? I don't believe the Cartel ever asked for help on our island, and we let people know well in advance to avoid it.

Its not about "Cartel" asking for help. Its an event for EVERYONE..(learn what this word means)...and anyone has the right to attend it. Cartel might dominate the island by owning all the houses on it...but its still a piece of land on the UO map that belongs to us all and anyone can go to it. With that attitude of..."you're not allowed to come here because its Cartel Island"..EMs really need to think about things before allowing another "community event" to take place here. If this is their attitude then the event should be taken away from their stupid island.

But I do find it hilarious that some blues died...especially those that are "weak" and hate to be rezzed killed, and get away with posting whatever they want to on the forums.

GO SI!!

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uh, I guess I wasn't blunt enough.

SI specifically lured blues there in a coordinated effort to grief Cartel. Is that what the event is about?

What was SI's particular interest in the event? I think Jinx's previous post told us all we need to know: to get the sash that bears the Cartel name on it and to sell it. Is that what the event is about?

We don't find it hilarious that blues died; we think it's a shame that they were used in such a fashion as part of an effort to grief us. We believe the houses placed on our island (complete with house titles such as "SI Island House"), as well as the illegally placed bust to cover up the view of the scroll placed by the EMs is also a shame. Is that what the event is about?

SicofWhiners, you've posted before and every post you made was to provoke and to insult. You were subsequently banned, and now you've returned. Do you feel that your words this time around should carry any greater weight? Because we don't.

Y

Yalp

So there is a war between SI and Cartel.... so what but ok.

It is an ingame event owned exclusively by one group? *scratches head* did ya'all pay extra for that over the rest of us?
*goes to check out extra cost to make Tokuno events exclusive to my guild*

VERAL

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It is an ingame event owned exclusively by one group? *scratches head* did ya'all pay extra for that over the rest of us?
Yeah 12.99 for years =>

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still very interested in this event since I love puzzles. I'm at a standstill too. I spoke with Merrick the Naturalist and he does give information about Finneus Crick being a geologist. He then goes on to say that he won't bother me with fairy tales about the Old World. Hmmm I think the hardest part about this whole event is not knowing which NPC's will respond to keywords. There are so many possibilities and though I've brainstormed with other players, we can't figure out much. When is it time to say, "We're thinking too deeply. It's more simple than that."?

P.S. I will be going to Fel if I'm required to do so. Have mercy on Mama and if you don't, I'm telling your father when he gets home from work.

G

Give'R The Onion

This event is not owned by anyome but the folks of uo. In fact, how does one claim ownership to an event? Undoubtedly you take this as your own personal agrument or affair to continue to poke but let me remind you of something. You are no different than anyone else. You, like everyone else in the game are more than welcome to come in an attempt to participate. You are certainly welcome to come to the island at anytime and wage war against the spawn but again, as you know the location is Fel and with that comes certain risk.

No risk no reward!

This is Cartel's version of RP. We have existed on the island for years and for each and every one of those years, we have defended it against all new comers, no matter what the color the toon may be.

Adapt and overcome.