[News]EM NEWS - Meeting With Queen Dawn, Tuesday, March 2

• Thread starter Baja News
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
B

Baja News

from goldenbrewtavern.com
official website of EM Seppo and EM Crysania

Here Ye! Here Ye!
Monday, March 1, 2010 By EM CrysaniaLooking up from her desk as she hears the knock on her chamber doors, Queen Dawn bade the messenger to enter.

Bowing deeply, the messenger extends his hand in which is a rolled parchment.

M'Lady, the Town Guards have asked that I deliver this post haste. Quite important they said

Taking the parchment, she unrolls it and starts to read and her eyes grow wide. Not taking her eyes off the words she tells the messenger he may take his leave.

Slowly she re-rolls the parchment and lays it upon her desk. Getting up from her chair, she walks over to the window and gazes out towards the West Bank of BritainTurning she calls for the royal scribe.. Send word out to the cities as fast as you can.. Tell them.

(OCC) The citizens of the realm are asked to Meet with Queen Dawn, Tuesday, March 2nd, at 7:30 PST (8:30 MST, 9:30 CST, 10:30 EST) in the Throne room of the Palace to discuss the happenings going on in Britain involving the Dark Mesanna , Yattering and the Goblins.

posted by Sara of Baja

More...

Ancient Sosarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Hail Folks,

Sadly, this address by Queen Dawn was an utter waste of time. Nothing of importance was discussed.

Announcing and holding meetings such as this with a claim of "importance," merely serves to leave Players cynical and disappointed, and far less likely to even attend future meetings similarly announced.

If those planning these things can't create something interesting, and more importantly, fun, then they should leave folks alone until they are able to come up with decent ideas.

This is my view, it is equally valid with other views and worthy of consideration.

An SoS

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
God's country, USA
Since I haven't been as active in playing as I'd like in the last few months, I enjoyed it. I was trying to follow what was being said during the meeting but as soon as word of Britain being overrun by paragons was out, I left the castle to join the battle. I think that the meeting was a good way to get players to log on so that we could enjoy the fun of fighting and dying side by side. Those primeval liches were nasty!

Of course your view is valid for you and you have a right to speak your mind. Noone should fault you for that. I just happen to be one who enjoys any battle I can get; no matter how we get there. :gee: <------(me, after last night)

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 6, 2010
Since I haven't been as active in playing as I'd like in the last few months, I enjoyed it. I was trying to follow what was being said during the meeting but as soon as word of Britain being overrun by paragons was out, I left the castle to join the battle. I think that the meeting was a good way to get players to log on so that we could enjoy the fun of fighting and dying side by side. Those primeval liches were nasty!

Of course your view is valid for you and you have a right to speak your mind. Noone should fault you for that. I just happen to be one who enjoys any battle I can get; no matter how we get there. :gee: <------(me, after last night)
thanks for the rez/s mama! :grouphug:

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 3, 2008
Felucca
www.guildportal.com
Hail Folks,

Sadly, this address by Queen Dawn was an utter waste of time. Nothing of importance was discussed.

Announcing and holding meetings such as this with a claim of "importance," merely serves to leave Players cynical and disappointed, and far less likely to even attend future meetings similarly announced.

If those planning these things can't create something interesting, and more importantly, fun, then they should leave folks alone until they are able to come up with decent ideas.

This is my view, it is equally valid with other views and worthy of consideration.

An SoS

I thought it was well done, and the meeting itself wasn't the real focus, it was what was happening during the meeting (IE the monsters roaming brit).
For a story, you have to set up the plot. If you know that it's just going to be a meeting then some players are less likely to go....same thing IRL. This meeting was suppose to send us a meaning of "stay on your toes" and "dont let your guard down".
If anything I would be disappointed if all Seppo and Crysania (probably spelling the name wrong) did was say "HERE! go kill these monsters!"

And as an OOC stand point, to have :heart: Mesanna :heart: herself partaking in events on BAJA is blinkin' amazing! So to have a meeting saying "oh hey btw, :heart: Mesanna :heart: will be running around killing you guys" hell i'll be the first in line on that one!

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 22, 2008
Anfield
Mama Faith is a great person. She kept me healed and ressed as well during the Serpent's Hold thing when I was on a character I had left with 0 healing.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
God's country, USA
Thank you for your kind words, SK, and know they're appreciated but I'm not the only one. The other night, I was in the midst of battle and after not being ingame for a while, my eyes starting bugging me so I invis'd and watched for a bit while I rested my eyes. I smiled as I watched so many players healing and rezzing players; even if it meant running them down to do it. I've always said it but that convinced me even more that Baja is a very special shard filled with awesome people. You can't help but love them and want to help them out. *deep curtsy*

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 25, 2004
Sake-topia
I had so many player bars on my screen as well as player's pet bars (trying to keep them healed), it was insane, fun, and a bit hilarious. I agree with Mama-san that it is great to see everyone cross healing or res'ing each other. It just brings a warm, fuzzy feeling inside. Then again, that could've been due to the copious amounts of sake that I've been drinking already, but that's besides the point! Great job on everyone's part. A good ol' fashion, chaotic, monster brawl is always fun. :gee:

Y

Yalp

The devs have certainly taken a keen interest in Baja! From Mesanna role playing evil on her god toon, to other devs starting new toons and playing incognito.. Baja sure feels "special"!... or err.. we are VERY VERY bad and the teacher is monitoring the room.. watch those spit balls and no cheating off each others exams!