• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] EM event today! 6-28 *full report!*

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heads up, Legends! We have a task at hand! Load up your packies with stone and join us!

and no, Hipp, pretty sure he doesn't mean blackrock ;)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
further information uncovered at the Legends EM website!

Serpent’s Hold Official Proclamation!

As you may all know, Serpent’s Hold was recently attacked and our greatest treasure, the Bell of Courage stolen. Thankfully, the bell was recovered by brave adventurers, led by Lord Candrin Devar.
After two weeks of deliberation, we have determined a way to keep the bell safe. We will build a monument to the bell. This monument will also have protective measures so that the bell is never again attempted to be stolen!
The monument will be built within the next several days and an inauguration will then be held!
-Saepent’s Hold Council

That is the text of the announcement, and I now provide a definition of the word "inauguration":

Inauguration
In*au`gu*ra"tion\, n. [L. inauguratio a beginning: cf. F. inauguration.]
1. The act of inuagurating, or inducting into office with solemnity; investiture by appropriate ceremonies.
At his regal inauguration, his old father resigned the kingdom to him. --Sir T. Browne.
2. The formal beginning or initiation of any movement, course of action, etc.; as, the inauguration of a new system, a new condition, etc.

As it is my job to simply relay the news I will not conjecture as to who or what is being inaugurated, that is for the populace to muse about.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As reported some time ago the good people of Legends saved the Bell of Courage from falling into the hands of forces from the dark side. Tonight they aided the architect Clarence in gathering the materials required to form an impenetrable monument to house the Bell. Gathering at the Counselor's Hall in Serpents Hold the folks of Legends contributed far more granite than was truly needed for construction! However, Clarence then informed us that this was not all that was required to build it properly.

The first stop was Tokuno where ingredients were held by a yamadon of towering strength. After some confusion of parties being separated the massive giant and his minions were overcome and the goods retrieved from his corpse.

It was then on to Ilshenar to battle mechanical beasts. The battle was heated, but the warriors of Legends once again prevailed.

Clarence then hollered that the next ingredient would be found on the roof of Blackthorn's corrupt castle. Unfortunately, my cousin Ynise, who supplied me with sketches of the chase for monument parts, died somewhere in the hallways and when that happens she loses her sketchpad... along with most of her manners. On the uppermost level of the dark castle Clarence told the throng that the last of the ingredients would be found, once again, in Tokuno. The crowd surged thru the moongate and scampered up the path to the Wasteland where fan dancers, oni and yamatso elders awaited them. Finally, all were bested and everyone returned to the Hall in Serpent's Hold.

When everyone had caught their breath Clarence thanked all for their help and support in safeguarding the Bell of Courage, promising that a proper and secure monument would be constructed with the materials. Clarence also had a nice surprise for everyone.... pie! Seems he had arranged with the local bakery to supply the gathered crowd with a sweet treat, which can also, should the need arise, be thrown at just about any target!

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's awfully heavy for a pie. It started out as 1 stone and now they weigh 101 stones, ouch, what did she use to make these?

The pies are a nice touch, they are so much fun. They work like the snowballs, (yes you get a cream pie in the face) but no timer, and you can hit anyone even if they don't have one in their backpack. It made for an interesting guild meeting after the event. :) I'm off now to wash all this sticky gooy stuff off. LOL

Lord Cuda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think last nights events may have just doomed us all. I hope I am wrong but we shall see. Btw had anyone heard of this Clarence before last nite? And where has Casca been and with whom? Conspiracy? ;)

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's awfully heavy for a pie. It started out as 1 stone and now they weigh 101 stones, ouch, what did she use to make these?
She must have used heavy cream. :)