• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] EM Contest: New EM Reward Museum Design

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all,

today there was a post on the EM Website, stating as of today there will be a Contest about a redesign of the "EM Reward Museum" in Malas. The rules are published and you can start right away on TC1, like I did! :D

I hope for us all we will get a nice and comfy museum this way!
Go Drachenfels, go!

Farewell, auf bald!
~ Medea

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
News from the EM Website:

Please be aware that the end is near for our EM Reward Museum Contest. It will end on the coming Sunday, November 8th at midnight (11:59pm CET). So please send in those creative designs now! (To let you know: we only received ONE, yes – in numbers: 1 – only ONE entry until today…)
Where are all those fantastic designers on Drachenfels? Already on hibernation or what (j/k...)? :eyes:

Faenwen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail,

i would have loved to participate at the contest.
but:
1. i didn't see your post early enough, i found out about the contest on the 5th of november.
2. i can't design a real nice house in 2 days
3. i can't decorate a house in 2 days
sadly i don't have enough time to play 24h a day *grins*

the timeframe... 22 of october til the 8th of november.... 3 weeks?
think everyone knows, to build a real nice house for a specific purpose including decoration will take a while. so 3 weeks are .... not long enough. could be people don't find out about the contest in time or are busy RL and there was the halloween quest.

just my personal opinion.

maybe next time more house design freaks get the opportunity to participate a contest like that. and maybe they can design something what is more drachenfels like.

Lana
Oberste Heilerin
Council of Yew

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail,

i would have loved to participate at the contest.
but:
1. i didn't see your post early enough, i found out about the contest on the 5th of november.
2. i can't design a real nice house in 2 days
3. i can't decorate a house in 2 days
sadly i don't have enough time to play 24h a day *grins*

the timeframe... 22 of october til the 8th of november.... 3 weeks?
think everyone knows, to build a real nice house for a specific purpose including decoration will take a while. so 3 weeks are .... not long enough. could be people don't find out about the contest in time or are busy RL and there was the halloween quest.

just my personal opinion.

maybe next time more house design freaks get the opportunity to participate a contest like that. and maybe they can design something what is more drachenfels like.

Lana
Oberste Heilerin
Council of Yew
Hail,

1) http://drachenfels.uoem.net/ is the official source, if you don't want to rely on my informations here
2) It's not my fault that you read about the event only 3 days before it's ending
3) I don't have 24 hours/day to play either - in fact I have only 6-7 hours (and most of them I am asleep)
4) 3 weeks are fair enough if you really want to participate, do something, even if not perfect, just DOING something

Well, I heard my design was the ONLY ONE who was sent in, that's probably why it was chosen as the winning one. What does that tell us about the oh so dedicated designer community of Drachenfels? You know, more than one dedicated house designer, that would be really cool - it would be a real contest then! :lol:

But, as you probably know, it's always the same: People (like you) complain immediately when they realise they are too late, too busy, too lazy or just finding a convenient excuse to just COMPLAIN about something. Complaining AFTERWARDS is so easy, right? :sad3:

After the WBB design was chosen - oh sorry, I won that also, but this time I know it wasn't the only one sent in (rolleyes:) - I was amused how people (like you) showed up AFTER the event, complaining, talking about how much they could do it better, bla bla bla etc. etc.

Anyone can read on the EM's webpages and inform themselves of events. Aynone can spare a few hours if they really want to. Anyone can copy & paste pictures if they really care about an event they like.

And fact is - you are/were too late.

And to be blunt: I am really fed up with people who ALWAYS complain AFTER events. And most of them are doing NOTHING for the community - only brag about it before an event even starts...

So, yeah. Good luck next time!

G

Gath Farlin

Not open for criticism? Her posting was friendly and fair, so there's no need to sound like an offended child.

If no one participated in my contest/event, I would first critizise myself and look for the reasons in my own scheduling. Was there enough advertisement for the contest? What did I do in order to encourage people to participate? etc.

To organize an event or even just participate in it does not mean you are freed from criticism. The organizer is the one who's responsible for how it works, and if it doesn't work, he should look for the reasons or at least be open to the ideas of others.

nd most of them are doing NOTHING for the community - only brag about it before an event even starts...
Having organized numerous events with Faenwen, I strongly think that her attributions to the community are, overall, more valuable than your WBB or reward museum designs - which, honestly, I don't like too.

GF

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not open for criticism? Her posting was friendly and fair, so there's no need to sound like an offended child.
Oh, Gath Farlin shows up too... you registered just for the purpose complaining here too? Bored much?

And no, her posting was not friendly and fair, because she's implying my design is "not drachenfels like." So, HER design would be the only right one, I presume, right? How does she know that? Is she a community representative or something? Talk about criticism here... rolleyes:

If no one participated in my contest/event, I would first critizise myself and look for the reasons in my own scheduling. Was there enough advertisement for the contest? What did I do in order to encourage people to participate? etc.

To organize an event or even just participate in it does not mean you are freed from criticism. The organizer is the one who's responsible for how it works, and if it doesn't work, he should look for the reasons or at least be open to the ideas of others.

Having organized numerous events with Faenwen, I strongly think that her attributions to the community are, overall, more valuable than your WBB or reward museum designs - which, honestly, I don't like too.

GF
You know, I can live really well with the fact that not everyone likes my designs, also not WBB's one which I "accidentally" also won (and there were a few other entries too!). But I am DOING something for the design of Drachenfels. YOU DIDN'T.

Therefore I won't accept "criticism" from people like Faenwen and you - who only show up when it's too late for an event. And you even registered ONLY to COMPLAIN and help defend your friend! rolleyes:

If the EMs are doing an event, I simply can post the dates/timeline for it here and I do it even on the german boards (UOB). If you missed that, I am really sorry, but then again I must ask if you read the boards regularly? Or do you think I should inform any character ingame that I see, so no one misses the events?

And to be blunt (again): Im sorry to tell you, but YOU TWO are the ones who have to adapt to a deadline for an event, not me. I DID following the timeline the EMs gave for that contest, YOU weren't. It's not MY problem, it's YOURS.

Oh, and if you mean all those RP-events you and Faewnen were doing in the past - how long ago was that? How many years? And to be honest, I even can't remember when I saw you two the last time online...

But yeah... to each his own.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm glad Medea won. I don't care if she the only one or not. There was plenty of time and plenty announced on these boards and ingame by the towncryer.

For me it will be ok if she won all housedesign contest there will be.She took the time to design it and sent it in. I like the bank design and the new museum one.

I realy had no time to make a design. I'm busy with 100 things at ones already. :)

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would have won if only there were a dwarf tileset, pffffrrrrtttt

But no, instead they give us elves and now bats. Hah!

Besides that, I suck at designing, never figured out how to make a roof, for example.
Well, again, you don't need roofs under the mountain.

So, yeah, call me when you need someone to design a distillery or sumtin :beer:

And grats to the winner !

L

Legacyee

Congrats to Medea:thumbup1:

I haven't seen the Museum yet, but I love brit bank, so the Museum has got to be good

Thankyou for taking the time to make something better for all of us:bowdown: