• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Day 1- It all goes up in smoke

G

Word had spread throughout the lands that the blackrock detector was completed and ready to be unveiled thanks to the meticulous work of Kronos and his group of assistants.
People from all over flocked to see what had been under the curtains at Moonglow, no one taking heed of the old saying. Curiosity killed the cat

Minutes ticked by, everyone pushing and shoving each other to get a close look at this strange contraption that stood before them.
Without any warning the blackrock detector was engulfed in flames!

Once they had cleared, and the sting was gone from everyone’s eyes, they all noticed that Draconi, the legendary arcanist was standing on the edge of the detector.

When the gasps and murmurs died down, Draconi told everyone what to expect over the next few days.

He then asked for everyone to move back away from the machine so that the mages could work their magic

As soon as a clearing had been made, Kronos, Director of Alchemical Studies elbowed his way through the crowd.

He introduced himself and gave a speech on what he hopes to accomplish…

Ladies and gentlemen, It is with great pride that I stand before you today. Soon, we’ll be able to focus intense magical energy in a small confined space.
I postulate that every single piece of blackrock in the world will be made known to us!
Imagine it! Soon, we will be able to gather all of the blackrock we want and…
Boy! It’s time!

One of Kronos’s apprentices stepped out of the crowd to help with the last minute checks on the machine.

Did you seal the resonance chamber?
Did you double check the figures?

Kronos then commanded the apprentice to flip the switch on the contraption. The machine hummed to life and Kronos promptly said the words to invoke the power of the detector

Waves of energy swept out from the machine and some sort of orb pulsated on the pike.

The blackrock detector creaked, groaned and rattled violently before erupting in a great puff of black smoke

When the smoke cleared another oddity appeared in the form of a black rift with a beam of darkness shooting upwards as far as the eye could see.

The middle of the detector then caught fire.

And sent a wave of explosions which went out towards the now terrified crowd. (All but Lindae, who seems thrilled with the pyrotechnics)

The stunned audience stared open mouthed at the machine and its maker not knowing what to make on either.

The very flustered Kronos ummed and ahhed then decided to tell everyone to come back tomorrow, because it will work then.
Everyone just shrugged, some grumbling about their time being wasted and all wandered off to bed and some to fight off their frustrations.

Until the next chapter…

G

A huge thankyou to Ged who supplied me with the screenshots of the night and to Sheridan of ElF from Pacific who let me use his story as a guideline.

G

Great report Katlene!

I'd forgotten half of what happened (evet was after my bedtime as it was, I was half asleep =P) and I never saw that rift thing/black beam, I oouldnt see that part of the machine from where I was =)

Looking forward to part 2, cos I *know* I missed a lot from that one when I lagged out so badly!

G

hehe thanks teesh, not bad for someone that wasnt there eh :p ill work on part 2 tonight. Having a feed around at the inlaws today they are off on a overseas trip on wednesday so im taking around a roast

G

If anyone has any pictures or content that they would like to contribute please let me know, Ive been thinking of making a 'photo album' of sorts if i can get enough shots from other players