• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Corrupted Gate In Moonglow Leads To... Moonglow?

• Thread starter imported_Blackrock Frank
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Blackrock Frank

What a difference one day can make. Friday night, as you may be aware, Kronos tried to start his Blackrock Detector in Moonglow with an underwhelming result.

While I admit I couldn't make out what Kronos and his helpers were saying Saturday night - there were simply too many people yelling things, as people in crowds do - I certainly saw what happened! With a little encouragement from the crowd, Kronos started up the machine again tonight.
<center>

</center>
As best as I can tell, a duplicate Moonglow was somehow ripped from our land and is still there, accessable through a corrupted rift where the Blackrock Detector was.
<center>

</center>
This was a strange, strange night, with two Moonglows, one fairly calm and serene, and the other being overrun with dark wisps, fetid essences, and fallen warriors. Seemingly at random, those of us in the "new" Moonglow would be magically transported back to the "old", peaceful Moonglow.

While you might think running into a duplicate of yourself, a clone, would be odd, it didn't have much of an impact on me. It was entertaining to see the rest of the crowd dealing with it, though. Scores of duplicates of the original crowd were left frozen in place as battles began in "new" Moonglow.
<center>

</center>
Somewhere along the way the group in the "detached" Moonglow managed to kill several Shadowlords. They are still appearing today, and are quite fearsome. Here is a picture my imps captured as one of these Shadowlords was destroyed. Attack after attack of all sorts was launched against this particular Shadowlord, and it was eventually banished.
<center>

</center>
I mentioned that this second Moonglow seems to be detached because of the way that town just, well, ends, around the edges. It looks like it has been ripped from our world into another dimension, perhaps.
<center>

</center>
Of course, "normal" Moonglow is still where it has been, although there seems to be something preventing magical spells from being cast near the rift that leads to the "other" Moonglow.

Speaking of Kronos, I did see an injured man wearing a red robe apparently pulled from the rift by Kronos' helpers, but I couldn't get close enough to ask any questions. I also saw a Timelord near the device, but he was not responsive to my questions, such as, "What in the abyss is going on here?"

As the night wore on, and more battles took place in the shifted Moonglow, new and strange items were found. Planeswords, Planeshields, Threads of Life and Fate, and Cloaks of Corruption were whispered about. Our illustrious Queen, Anne, received one of the first Cloaks of Corruption. From the rumors I've heard, each time a Shadowlord is defeated one of these Cloaks is given to someone. While they regenerate mana quickly, they drain your life and are cursed as well.
<center>

</center>
I do hope our other reporters and those of you who witnessed the event can provide more details as to what you saw! I saw both Sahra and Vallend there, and maybe they will be able to add to this report as time permits. There was so much going on... and still is!

You Are Living In Interesting Times!
Lord Franklin
[Blackrock Infected]

G

Here is the text of what was said by the principles last night. Reviewing my notes from Friday, Melissa the Mage was in attendance then as well, but does nothing but "giggle."

Kronos: Is everything ready this time?
Dexter: I think so...
Kronos: Good.
Kronos (to Melissa): Darling, there you are!
Melissa: Did I keep you? I had some last minute business...
Kronos: Not at all, just starting!
Melissa: Great!
Melissa (to crowd): *waves*
Kronos: Friends! Thank you for coming, once again!
I shan't keep you waiting a minute more!
Bet Ex Wis!!!
The machine begins to pulsate, give off emissions, and a blinding white light explodes from the machine.
After the light dies down, the pillar at the center of the machine glows a brilliant white.

Kronos: What the devil!
The scene is plunged into darkness. Hijinks and hilarity ensues.

L

Lord Franklin

<blockquote><hr>

From the rumors I've heard, each time a Shadowlord is defeated one of these Cloaks is given to someone. While they regenerate mana quickly, they drain your life and are cursed as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

An update to this info- it looks as if more than one Cloak can be given by each Shadowlord. The Cloak I've seen in action first-hand actually drains mana and stamina while regenerating hit points for one person and drains hit points and stamina while regenerating mana for another. It appears that it reinforces your highest stat while draining the other two.

Other things I've noticed today...

The healer at the northwest end of the "shifted" Moonglow still works, but be careful if there are creatures around, especially those fetid essences.

If you can't seem to get looting rights on a Shadowlord, check Vallend's latetst news post. There's a little trick in there that can help you out.

Shadowlords sure carry a lot of junk! On the other hand, looting and selling 37 Meteor Swarm scrolls can make you a little of your insurance money back.

Check the corpses of things others have killed if you're looking for swords, shields, and threads. I found several on creatures that were already dead when I came on the screen. With the chaos going on around town, just because someone else had the time to kill it didn't mean they had time to loot it!

Catskills players are being great when it comes to healing and rezzing each other. If you can cure, heal, or rez, you're certainly needed in Moonglow!

Peaceful Journeys,
Lord Franklin