• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]Cookies, Bad Milk, And You Want WHAT For Easter? (image intensive)

Napa Valley News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Fellow Britannians!

This evenings Meet and Greet had a fairly large showing of the usual suspects and well, a few of the more odd members of our community. Some remembered the date and prepared accordingly, while others, like myself... well... we expected the typical ask and answer session.

"Yes, we know you like Silver Steeds and Dread Mares."
"No, we can't make them spawn. "

So it was a bit of a turner to have Sangria arrive on stage with a big smile and a jubilant "Good Evening Everyone!" Only to have Fiorella saunter through the door and well, I missed a cue because Sangria suddenly expressed dismay, then everyone was rushing from the building to follow Fiorella.

At the risk of digressing a bit from tonight's happenings, I feel I must do the citizens of Napa Valley justice and backtrack a bit to explain what we encountered this evening.

Now, I'm not sure if everyone is aware of the current state of affairs in Britannia and I wouldn't be doing my job if I allowed some to remain uninformed. Upon my recent return I spoke with two guards that had it on good authority that Lady Maya was still not well, and to my surprise, she had forced Gorn from her side. The Guards I spoke with had mixed opinions. Though both were uncomfortable with telling me of Gorn's attempt to thwart every ones demands for him to stay away, neither had problems expressing their real feelings about Gorn's obvious anger. At least the Guards were able to talk some sense into Gorn, and per their instructions, I later found him in The Cat's Lair Tavern down the way.

A bit of a recap is necessary here, in that it explains two discoveries I made towards the end of this evenings "meeting". You can ascertain the precariousness of both Lady Maya's and Gorn's position in all this and to some extent, the driving force behind what we discovered wandering around a shop in West Britain.

Recently I had heard a rumor that Lady Maya's further experiments with a cure for the mutation had caused some interesting side effects with her chosen specimen. In following Fiorella, we would all meet that specimen tonight upon our arrival at the The Good Eats Bakery.

A very demanding creature, yes, but more importantly, it appeared to be a talking Horde Minion. The rumors coming from Castle British were, for once, quite accurate.

Before any of us had a chance to truly grasp what we were seeing, the creature took off out the door towards some rather odd manifestations. As crazy as it sounds, I swear I'm not making this up, our group was attacked by an array of Dairy products. Seriously folks!

Chocolate Milk, Strawberry Milk, Soured Milk, Soured Strawberry Milk, Chocolate Milk Gone Bad and to make matters worse, The poor Cookie Monster just kept running us to them! Perhaps the lure of coupling cookies with its favorite beverage was just too much temptation?

After the fight, The tainted Minion pretty much declared us all the villains in this story.

Good thing someone slipped him a cookie, because who knows where he might have led us next? Munching happily, The Cookie Monster instead decided he was ready to head home. Where's that you ask? Well, I certainly wasn't surprised to have him lead us to Britain Castle. Though the room he entered certainly threw me off. As well as the room across the way.

They appeared to be the office and laboratory that Lady Maya spoke of in her letter. I wish I could say that I felt at ease with what I found. Quite the opposite in fact. Several of the writings those rooms contained would make even the staunchest mage shudder. What in the world is Lady Maya thinking? I fear it is a dangerous path she treads.

Continuing on, we met up with the Lady in question in the Throne Room where she expressed concern for The Cookie Monster and thanked us for our aid. After chasing it around a bit, she tossed it another cookie. One I assume was meant to counteract the mutation she caused, as after eating it, it seemed to be nothing more than a typical Horde Minion. Though I have to wonder at her sadness. I pray Lady Maya does not go the way of The Mad Professor Jenkins, whom as all of you know, was hired by an unknown person or persons that we have yet to discover.

And what did we find when once again we returned to The EM Counselor's Hall?

Yes indeed. It is the day of fools, April 1st and whereas a meeting was called for, the EM's had not actually planned for one. Though they did agree to answer a few questions before retiring for the night.

The first question answered involved tonight's event and its Stolen Cookie loot. How many were dropped? A total of 12. Though I believe the bulk of the cookies stolen were claimed by one individual. Lucky, Lucky!

Yet, by far the most important question of the evening and one that took up the bulk of the EM's time. What is planned for Easter this year? Well, it would seem we may be in for a combination holiday. An event with both the EM's and Mythic behind the planning. It is unclear how the actual event will run, what will be occurring, any how's or why's, but the evil grins displayed by Fiorella and Sangria hint at some great fun on the horizon.

There was even a lengthy discussion on Easter prizes, though for the record, there will be no Easter Egg hunt. To clarify, their exact words were, NO EGGS. But the prize suggestions the EM's received were enough to make all of us giggle. Bunny Slippers, bunny ears, chocolate bunnies, a visit from the Easter Bunny (a player dressed up in costume), even an off topic Paroxy Milk that would drop an unlikely mount. Yeah, it was funny and fun! Just say yes to Bunny Feet, we all did!

Big plans ahead Napa Valley... hope to see you all soon! And umm... judging by the slips of the tongue here and there, DON'T wear your finest or you might be buried in it!

Thanks to Sangria and Fiorella for tonight's entertainment!
Best Gaming Wishes,
Salya Sin

More...

F

five oclock

Sounds like it was a blast!!!!!

But but where was the ale? :D

Great event and reporting :D

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sayla (or do we call you Sin?),

That was a great report! I enjoyed reading the whole thing. I like your style of reporting. It is both interesting and thorough. Keep it up!

BlissMarie

S

Salya Sin

Sounds like it was a blast!!!!!

But but where was the ale? :D

Great event and reporting :D
LMAO, THANKS!... Now there is a mixture! Milk and Ale. They should have done green ale attacks on St. Patties?

Sayla (or do we call you Sin?),

That was a great report! I enjoyed reading the whole thing. I like your style of reporting. It is both interesting and thorough. Keep it up!

BlissMarie
Thank you very much! I'm never sure how much I should drone on... I'm such a wordy writer and I usually take more than 100 pics for each event. :) It's good to hear that I'm not drowning readers in sensory overload.

Oh and Salya or Sin is fine. :)

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And last night the "Stolen Cookies" were pulling 50 to 100 Mil each ..... Who says it has to be a Uber wep to get millions. Getting a little stupid if you ask me on this stuff.

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And last night the "Stolen Cookies" were pulling 50 to 100 Mil each ..... Who says it has to be a Uber wep to get millions. Getting a little stupid if you ask me on this stuff.
Aww, c'mon, Snakeman, it's a game. =) Things will get stupid from time to time. :sword:

Did someone actually claim to have sold the cookies for 50 to 100m? I know whatzhisname was spamming his for sale for 100m, but ... I'd be surprised if they sold for that much.

Anyway, I enjoy the lighthearted things in game, such as spending too much gold on pixels. Easy come, easy go. Personally, I'd rather look at items, than have checks stacked up or lonely vendors standing around with gold spilling out of their bankish pockets. To each his own, they say. I can hardly wait for the brightly colored scissor vending machine to be set up. =) *wishful thinking*

Did I just hijack this thread? eep! Na, I think maybe I am safe.

BlissMarie

Tom_Builder

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damn, well if someone wants to buy mine for 50mil, send me a PM.

F

five oclock

Thank you very much! I'm never sure how much I should drone on... I'm such a wordy writer and I usually take more than 100 pics for each event. :) It's good to hear that I'm not drowning readers in sensory overload.

On these boards..we need as many wordy people as we can find :D Plz plz Post more....Enjoying the reading storys and the role playing :D It is great fun.

Cant wait for the next event. Hope I can make it.

P.S. btw most of us are on sensory overload allready, so no worries there :D

C

Curran

50-100 mil, my tush! It is not a "great" item and is a terrible color. I would pay no more than 10 mil. There are only 2 ppl I know of that would pay that ridiculous price. 10 or not... it isn't a worthwhile item. The name isn't even a good one.

Err awesome post BTW, Salya! Woot, woot

F

five oclock

hey Ss...I have noticed that one of your pics made the Stratics front page :D as a pic of the week :D Very well done :D Lets all drink to that :D

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know it's a game Marie, it's what I keep tellin' everyone, but 50 mil for a stupid cookie, lol, a awsum wep, maybe ok, at least it could be useful. But a cookie, lmao, lets use our heads a lil.
But as they say, it's whats floats your boat that counts. To each his own fun :thumbup1:
I just think it's whacked imo.

A

Anderuin

Thanks to Sayla for doing such a great job covering everything lately. It's keeping us all updated on all the latest news. Thanks again :) It was a fun event.

S

Salya Sin

Thanks everyone for all the encouragement!

And wow... thanks for the heads-up Five! How AWESOME! Of all the pics... must of been the EM's cookie monster. Which to me was HILARIOUS! Along with the dairy attacks... and issuing comments after at the meeting. Lactose intolerant indeed. :)

I do believe this event could be chalked up to a favorite in Napa... the light touch, comic relief, and the child-esque theme just made my night!

Praise to the EM's is warranted...

Thanks again everyone!