• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Coming Soon to an Inventory Near You!

I

imported_SimTripps

All I can say is
to the 4th and 5th year gifts... Not one of those was suggested on the Wiki, so makes one think what's the point in contributing suggestions there....

M

Monkeybear

Why do the FF and TC badges have EA Land in them and the others don't

G

<blockquote><hr>

Why do the FF and TC badges have EA Land in them and the others don't

[/ QUOTE ]
I wondered the same thing as I was writing the article

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Great! Thanks for sharing! I got a brief look at them in store one day but didn't have time to really studying each one. As for the anniversary gifts...a cannon was suggested on the wiki. Just because they haven't used our ideas for these gifts, doesn't mean they won't be considered for future anniversaries. I am very happy the devs took the time to create something for us to commemorate our beloved original cities.

*applauds!

R

Rosebush3333

I have a question regarding the City From plaque for Fancey Fields.

Why does the crest bear a logo for EA LAND? I am not too happy about that, I will be getting one.

G

<blockquote><hr>

All I can say is
to the 4th and 5th year gifts... Not one of those was suggested on the Wiki, so makes one think what's the point in contributing suggestions there....

[/ QUOTE ]

There are lots of ideas on the Wiki that haven't made it into the game....yet. But to me the importance of suggesting ideas is there because of the number of ideas that *have* made it into the game that came directly from the players and/or from the Wiki. It's like the currency contest....just because some of the suggestions didn't make it into the top 5 does not in any way mean that they were 'invalid' or 'bad' suggestions, so I wouldn't let that discourage you from keeping the suggestions flowing.

G

Something tells me its because the Dev who the city is named after worked on EA-Land, but that is not official. That is something I am assuming with my knowledge that the cities were named after some of the original devs.

G

I know Monks... aweful

If we are getting something to remember our *home* then why the need for EALand
For one they don't quite look like the others, def not as nice. For 2 where's the rembrance in that for our * homes from TSO*

G

That was my guess too, dj - that Fancey Fields was named after Lee, and the EA-Land part of the logo is a nod to that.

I actually like the red cannon. I know it isn't a super flashy gift, but it looks good in red.

Not in the article is something I forgot to tell everybody - the descriptions on the plaques are the old descriptions for the city forums here on Stratics.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

All I can say is

[/ QUOTE ]

I have problems with seeing no point in contributing on the wiki as well, and probably for the same reason....
And altho the 4 &amp; 5 yr gifts are super lame, I'm glad I won't have to complain about not getting them anymore lol.

I do like the city from things, and I hope all amnesty gift stuff is tradable, because I want to give all my stuff to one sim.

G

<blockquote><hr>

No Alphaville???

[/ QUOTE ]
At the bottom of the article it is mentioned that Alphaville and Interhogan were not loaded into the game at the time the pictures were taken. There was a problem on the devs side. As soon as this is fixed, the article will be updated with these pictures I will reply to this post mentioning this.

G

I hope the city stuff is tradeable too and that people will be selling them as rares, because my sims on my main account are all renamed from sims that got deleted back when was on hiatus, and I remember which cities they are from and would love to have the markers that represent those cities. I also have heard some people say they would not mind working toward the goal of having the complete set, just for the sake of nostalgia. This potentially could serve as a stimulus for the economy, and encourage people to start using those drains so that the payouts can come up so they can earn the e.m.u. to purchase these.

I noticed on the 5th year object it states that this cannon is a 'fun way to water your garden'. I'm confused by that.....are they talking about the watering that would take place if the sim you shoot is standing on a patch of flowers and pees on them? LMAO

G

<blockquote><hr>

I noticed on the 5th year object it states that this cannon is a 'fun way to water your garden'. I'm confused by that.....are they talking about the watering that would take place if the sim you shoot is standing on a patch of flowers and pees on them? LMAO

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahaha I wrote that in
What they wrote is in quotation marks

B

BearlyWrong

I have a question reguarding the plaques considering many of us made our sims in one location and over the years have moved the sims to various locations...Which plaque do you receive ...where the sim was made or where he merged from.

I havent seen a post clarifying which one it means.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have a question reguarding the plaques considering many of us made our sims in one location and over the years have moved the sims to various locations...Which plaque do you receive ...where the sim was made or where he merged from.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have been wondering the same thing!
Very good question

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I have been wondering the same thing!
Very good question

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet you will receive one based on the last city you were in before you bullet trained or merged to EA Land.

So if you started a sim in say, DG and then through sim move over the course of time moved him to CC, then decided you didn't like that city and moved him when you were able to to BF, and BF is where you stayed until you bullet trained that sim to EA Land, then BF would be considered your 'residence' since the whole reason you moved from the original cities is because you didn't feel you could call them 'home'.....BF in this example would be that sims 'home'.

That is just supposition on my part, but I'm betting that's the way it is gonna play out.

MaxCTSO

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea I don't like the FF one at all. I think it is ugly compared to all the other ones.

F

Fool at TC

Why is there no Alphavile plaque?

and a colored cannon? That is a joke..

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I would just like to say that anybody who is disappointed with their gift to the point that they absolutely cannot stand it...I will gladly take them off of your hands if that makes you feel any better.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I would just like to say that anybody who is disappointed with their gift to the point that they absolutely cannot stand it...I will gladly take them off of your hands if that makes you feel any better.

[/ QUOTE ]

And whatever is 'overage' in Sindran's eyes I will take beyond that

*gives the above poster two thumbs up*

G

<blockquote><hr>

isnt the BV logo the german symbol for SS?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not even close.
It *does* have that 'leathery' Hell's Angels look, tho.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]I'll take yours if you don't want it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Where is the EA store that is mentioned in that post?

[/ QUOTE ]
In EA Land

G

<blockquote><hr>

I know Monks... aweful

If we are getting something to remember our *home* then why the need for EALand
For one they don't quite look like the others, def not as nice. For 2 where's the rembrance in that for our * homes from TSO*

[/ QUOTE ]

Instead of having them say EALand they should have said TSO, in rememberance of our old homes!

F

frogger2

to the part on test city 3 it doesnt work on iether my old pc nor my new laptop with vista whats up? just curious lol. when i sign in test city 3 crashs to desktop. on the laptop which i bought this last july test 3 just locks up.cant touch tc3 at all now. so whats up thier?

G

make sure you always right click and run as administrator when playing in Vista.