• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Coffee with Lady Damia

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This morning I sat down with Zento's Leading Lady and Guild Master of The Mystic Circle, Lady Damia, to learn more about both the lady and the guild.

Me: The Mystic Circle is, and always has been, one of the largest guilds on Legends. Were you always the Guild Master?

Lady Damia: No, the original guild leader, Caden, was an in game friend of mine for a year before I actually joined the guild. I would see TMC members out hunting and they always looked like they were having a good time and loved each other dearly. I decided that I wanted to be a part of their family, and they welcomed me with open arms. It was like coming home, the people were so friendly and fun to be with. The guild has changed over the years, but what hasn't changed is the fact that we're team oriented, not loot oriented. It's not about making money it's about being with people you love to be with.

Me: Could you speak a bit about some of the challenges of maintaining a guild that large?

Lady Damia: Well, the guild isn't large anymore, but at one time it was huge. We've never openly recruited, people just seemed drawn to us, and as the guild grew in size we increased the amount of people we had as council and emissaries. We have clearly defined rules which are basically just common sense rules, be nice and try to play well with others. The council acts in my absence, and everything is decided by a majority vote of the council. I'm available 24/7 by cell phone if nothing else,and if the problem warrants immediate action ie: pk'ing a fellow guild mate, the person will be removed from guild by a council member. Really, we've had very few problems. We've always been an adult guild. An "I am better than you" attitude has no place here, so basically the people here are all really nice and if they're not they don't stick around long.

I also think weekly meetings and hunts helps gather people together so we can do something as a family. The meetings are not in vent, not by guild chat but a weekly sit down, face to face (so to speak), get together. Kind of like a family dinner, and I think this is important to keep and maintain relationships.

Me: The lovely city of Zento is home to many members of The Mystic Circle. Prior to the discovery of those lands was there an area that the guild called home?

Lady Damia: When TMC was first founded, our guild house was located up in the snowy mountains of Malas outside Luna. When I took over guild leadership, it moved to a little pond with pixies, next to Gravewater Lake outside Umbra, but our meetings were constantly being disrupted by pixies attacking our necro members, so a new home had to be found. That's when we moved to Zento.

Me: Were there any problems assimilating to a life in a foreign land? Were you welcomed by the Royal Family there?

Lady Damia: Zento as you probably know is one of the most beautiful cities in Sosoria. The flowers, trees and flowing waterfalls are so peaceful and relaxing. The convenience of living right next to a city is advantageous too, our guild house is right next to a moongate. The Royal Family did welcome us, and help us assimilate to their culture and traditions.

Our current Mayor, Mr Crowley, began life as a soldier in Trinsic, but came to these islands to see if the stories he heard from passing merchants and sailors were true. He found a land with untamed areas and strange monsters, he learned the ways of the ninja and samurai and made this his home. So when we came, we came as friends and were welcomed as family.

Me: To whom does the guild give loyalty, the Empress or Queen Dawn.... or perhaps someone else?

Lady Damia: Our loyalty lies with our Empress of course, but she is allied with Queen Dawn and therefore so are we. The Empress and her allies fought against the tyrany of the self appointed Lord Casca. When Lord Casca came to Zento to conquer Tokuno and bring us under his rule, the Empress put forth a call for help. Many people from all over Sosoria came to help, and successfully fought off Lord Casca's attack. We have friends in many places, and are friends to all of them in return.

Me: On a more personal level... when the duties of the guild are dispatched, how does Lady Damia relax? What are your favorite activities?

Lady Damia: Relax? No, no, I don't get to relax. I have grandkids, everyday, all the time. I have little 16 month old Hurricane Starr who is a force of nature and leaves a wake of destruction in her path, but she's a Cutie and I love her dearly. When I do find time to myself, and I'm not playing UO, I read or do facebook. My favorite activity, when I get time, is still UO after all these years.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All Hail Lady Damia! Clearly one of the best guild leaders and faithful UO players of all time.

Love you Damia!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A class act, indeed!
Always a pleasure to see Lady Damia ingame.

S

Sorcon Gartius

I find the lack of mention of Sorcon in any story rather disappointing. You could at least mention that she never married Sorcon in game. That's an achievement.